We're moving back to AUKN today!

Glad to see the 'old' forums back again in some new clothes. It's super to have all the past wealth of information back :)

Hmm, never used XenForo before (or even heard of it). Can't be any worse than phpBB at any rate. :)

Think you might have heard of vBulletin before ? Well the lead developer of XenForo, Kier Darby used to be the lead developer of vBulletin. But Darby left once Internet Brands took over vBulletin, and i my own personal opinion IB 'sank' vBulletin.

So Darby started again by himself and created XenForo. There have been court cases against Darby from IB as they stated he copied their work, but this has all been settled some years ago.

Main difference between phpBB and vBulletin/XenForo is that phpBB is free and the latter are not :)

So Darby started again by himself and created XenForo.
You're right, except that XenForo comprised of two ex-vBulletin developers – Kier Darby and Mike Sullivan. :) They later took on Chris Deeming, who was a prominent add-on developer. Either way, as phpBB is a free variant of vBulletin, XenForo is its commercial successor without 15 years of technical debt and feature creep.

Oh yes you're correct, the name Mike Sullivan immediately ran a bell. Still have a vBulletin board running myself, but didn't update it anymore to the abomination called version 4 ;)

Oh, you guys redecorated.

I don't like it.

Anyway, it's good to know the site's back to kinda normal now. Only thing I need to worry about is finding an image large enough to use as an avatar.

The light ... it burns, golum.

It is good to see the sight getting back to normal.

Can I put in another request for a alternative colour schemes.

I have also noticed the if there is more that 100 pages the numbers for pages 100 and above in the paging bars spills outside the box on the thread page. It is possible to see on the News thread.

Last edited:
I have also noticed the if there is more that 100 pages the numbers for pages 100 and above in the paging bars spills outside the box on the thread page. It is possible to see on the News thread.
Looks alright to me.

Attachments

• fvdsfdsfs.png
    fvdsfdsfs.png
    10 KB · Views: 6
So my main complaints about how information is displayed that were much better on the last forum.
I think the title text should be highlighted in red to indicate if you haven't read stuff in that thread/ section of the forum.
Also the number of pages in a thread should be always visible without you having to scroll over.

Do I need to re-upload my profile pic? It comes up with x instead of the avi I had before the move to this new forum layout.
I can see your avatar fine – if you upload a new avatar, does it ever go through or does it just keep uploading (with the progress ticker in the top corner forever?

I can see your avatar fine – if you upload a new avatar, does it ever go through or does it just keep uploading (with the progress ticker in the top corner forever?

Haven't tried - will have to try when at home. Just checked my phone and it seems fine, I guess the PC I'm working on at the moment won't let me see my own pic. Funnily enough I can see everyone else's hmm.

I love the new site!

I'm having trouble with my old account though (same name as this one, just without the full stop at the end) . I couldn't log in with my username and password, so I asked for a password reset. I tried it with my username - it said an email was sent, but I didn't get it. I tried it again with my email address, but it wasn't recognised.

So either:
A) I did a typo when I originally registered or
B) I used a different email address that's been totally forgotten since 2006

Is there anything that can be done to save my poor old account please?

I'm having trouble with my old account though (same name as this one, just without the full stop at the end) . I couldn't log in with my username and password, so I asked for a password reset. I tried it with my username - it said an email was sent, but I didn't get it. I tried it again with my email address, but it wasn't recognised.

So either:
A) I did a typo when I originally registered or
B) I used a different email address that's been totally forgotten since 2006

Is there anything that can be done to save my poor old account please?

I'll try to fix you, hold onto your hat for a moment or two then please try logging back in except with the Aaron name...

R

Back