We're moving back to AUKN today!

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Hey guys.

A little early warning...

As part of the efforts to get everything back up and running again on the original AUKN servers, we're moving the forums back tonight! We're also changing to a different piece of forum software that Teapot has set up for us, which has a lot more features to benefit everyone. I think once everyone is used to it and we have it all set up perfectly it will be a nice upgrade.

So please sit tight and continue doing what you're doing. At around 9:00pm today the forums will stop working for a little while and then start redirecting you to the correct location overnight when everything is in place :)

Mini FAQ:

Q. Do I need to remake my account on the new forum?

A. Only if you signed up to AUKN between December 2015 and now. Otherwise, you may have to reset your password the first time you sign in; this is a simple one-click process via the account's registered email address but if you get stuck you can contact us.

Q. Something went wrong, how do I contact you?

A. We'll be able to post updates on Twitter and we'll send an email around to all registered accounts. You can also visit the temporary site and see our updates there on Twitter, plus a link to the Discord chat if you want help.

Q. How long will the move take?

A. It took around three hours and is now finished!

Q. Will we get any of the old posts/post counts back?

A. Mostly! There's a blank period between December 2015 and the website hack which is lost, but a lot of the older content will return. You don't need to back any of your existing forum threads up (unless you want to).

Q. I have an old account, but it hasn't been merged!

A. Let us know what the username of your old account is, and we'll get them merged together for you!

Q. What about the main AUKN website?

A. We've now moved to a brand new main site, which you can see here!

Q. I hate the new forum software!

A. Please tell us what's wrong in this thread; it's probably something we can fix.

That's all for now; please excuse the mess for a while while we organise things on the new forum and sort out all of the old stickies.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
So, for the record, the spoiler tags have unfortunately changed slightly. The [spoiler] tag, and the menu option, now produce a spoiler button, like so:

Hi, I'm a spoiler!

For an inline spoiler, use the new [spoilerinline] tag: This is a spoiler!.

All the old posts have been updated to use the new tags :)

It's really nice to have the forum so mobile friendly again, that's probably what I missed most since the site went down. Good work team! :)

Gonna have to get used to the new layout. My OCD tendencies means I'll have to click and prod every single button in the meantime until I get acclimated. Have to change my avatar as well because baka Asuka is looking the wrong way now. Lets see how this one looks...

It's good to see that accounts were merged, though my account on the temporary forum is actually responsible for over 50% of my meagre post count.

Everyone else reading this will have to reset their password the first time they sign in; this is a simple one-click process via the account's registered email address but if you get stuck you can contact us.

I didn't have to do that?

Various things I'm not fond of right now but it's probably just be a case of getting used to it. One thing I'll ask, though - are there any different colour schemes?

Question 2 - is there any way to go down below the first page on the list of members?

Various things I'm not fond of right now but it's probably just be a case of getting used to it. One thing I'll ask, though - are there any different colour schemes?

Question 2 - is there any way to go down below the first page on the list of members?

Doesn't seem to be any other schemes going by this page, maybe something to consider?

Members list should be available from my past experience with XenForo, possibly might have to be enabled in the admin CP.
(https://forums.animeuknews.net/members/list should be the URL)

Back