Weird Anime habits you have?

I like using a home cinema or a pair of surround headphones, if I can, I'd stick an action heavy feast for the ears scene of an anime on and watch it to test how it sounds. I use to use the witchblade anime, with a scene featuring a tank like "I weapon" fighting the protag forced into a transformation. Very little dialogue, but a sound track with hard rock, heavy panting and a scene with machine gun fire, sword wielding and tank shells and missiles flying.
Last time though I was using a scene in claymore, two of the strongest characters in the series fighting each other, one marked for death by her people and the other soon to be big bad for the series. More dialogoue from on lookers and the fighting pair. Got me to use the spacial sound Windows is pushing since virtualized headphones just makes dialogue sound unnatural. Makes me think any surround headphones have been packed with crap virtualization

I always watch the OP/EDs for every episode even if they are awful (admittedly rare). If they are bad I moan about them but still watch them anyway. I have no idea why.

R

Yeah I do this too. I feel like I'm missing out on 10 minutes of the show if I skip them.

Other weird habits:
I struggle to watch animation in the evenings. I have no idea why.

I almost never watch anime based on games, even less so if the game in question already had a good plot; I feel as though the anime will likely somehow cheapen the game's story telling efforts. Which is a bit strange when you think about it, as anime is a better medium for story telling really.

Likewise, I wouldn't play a game based on an anime. Two rubbish Ghost in the Shell games sealed that deal.

Conversely though, I am all for watching Hollywood's adaptations of anime. Dragonball was alright, Guyver was superb.

It doesn't matter how many half an hour eps I can watch back to back, I will not be satiated. I crave full hour episodes, which anime rarely provides. I think this is perhaps one reason I struggle to watch anime in the evening?

Back