Weird Anime habits you have?

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
Ossu!

So I was thinking about this the other day, but I have a lot of specific habits and quirks for anime compared to other things, so I decided to ask here to see of anyone else has any.

1) I can only mostly watch anime in the night or dawn time like 6am , just with 6th form work and then Uni work during the day and evening consumed time and I preferred having on live action tv shows in the background instead of anime and thus became a habit to this day. The dawn thing, one day I woke up randomly couldn't go back to sleep so decided to watch some anime I was watching the night, which was Clannad that time. And so days before 9 am Uni start I'd go to bed early and get up at 6 to watch anime shows lol.

2) Can only watch one series at a time. Struggle to juggle series, I have no idea how the like of thedoctor2019 are able to juggle so many shows at once, I cannot concentrate cuz my mind is on the other shows and this is why I don't like watching weekly anime with DBSuper being the exception before it wasn't a problem as they were only subbed but being a dub guy now with simuldubs I still cannot wait weekly would rather they wait to pile up.

3) I prefer to watch anime on laptop/tablet. I dunno how this one started but it is thing for some reason, I was gutted my blu-ray drive for my laptop stopped working a couple months ago.

So anyone else could some weird habits or quirks?

Sometimes look on MAL to see if the show has a happy or sad end to see if it's worth me watching. I dontvwatch anime to be depressed, I save that for when I go to work.

I always watch the OP/EDs for every episode even if they are awful (admittedly rare). If they are bad I moan about them but still watch them anyway. I have no idea why.

R

I also do this, I almost never skip simply because even if I hate the songs I might like the animation. Also skipping them is a pain if you're streaming and requires more effort, so they just get left on.

I'd say my only anime quirks, except for the OP/ED thing, are these two:

(1 I'm perfectly happy watching anime on my laptop and actively prefer it to watching on the TV. I won't watch on my iPad or phone though, unless I'm ill in bed and then all bets are off.

(2 I'm willing to sit through a really awful anime series if one of my favourite voice actors is among the cast, especially if it happens to have Yoshitsugu Matsuoka in there. I can also put up with a show if the soundtrack is good, I mean, uh, I somehow watched all of Glasslip...

I only really watch anime at night (which probably explains why I watch so little now days), I guess I just kinda struggle to sit and stare at the TV when it's light outside (this includes playing videogames, btw), which is kinda weird I suppose. May invest in some blackout blinds/curtains and get some anime watched. :p

I only really watch anime at night (which probably explains why I watch so little now days), I guess I just kinda struggle to sit and stare at the TV when it's light outside (this includes playing videogames, btw), which is kinda weird I suppose. May invest in some blackout blinds/curtains and get some anime watched. :p
I think it is just more atmospheric at night. Even if the room is dark it is still not the same to me lol like I still no it is day outside, like right now it is almost 23.30 and I am gonna watch some Amagi Brilliant Park now.

One of my habits I've picked up is that I have to make a note of when I complete a series. I know sites can make a note of what series I've completed but I also like to make a note of anime completion manually. This stems from taking on the Race to 100 Anime challenge back in 2013 where I needed to keep track of my progress for the challenge and it has stuck with me ever since.

Also have a bad habit of starting to rewatch shows but taking a lifetime to actually finish them!

Ossu!

So I was thinking about this the other day, but I have a lot of specific habits and quirks for anime compared to other things, so I decided to ask here to see of anyone else has any.

1) I can only mostly watch anime in the night or dawn time like 6am , just with 6th form work and then Uni work during the day and evening consumed time and I preferred having on live action tv shows in the background instead of anime and thus became a habit to this day. The dawn thing, one day I woke up randomly couldn't go back to sleep so decided to watch some anime I was watching the night, which was Clannad that time. And so days before 9 am Uni start I'd go to bed early and get up at 6 to watch anime shows lol.

2) Can only watch one series at a time. Struggle to juggle series, I have no idea how the like of thedoctor2019 are able to juggle so many shows at once, I cannot concentrate cuz my mind is on the other shows and this is why I don't like watching weekly anime with DBSuper being the exception before it wasn't a problem as they were only subbed but being a dub guy now with simuldubs I still cannot wait weekly would rather they wait to pile up.

3) I prefer to watch anime on laptop/tablet. I dunno how this one started but it is thing for some reason, I was gutted my blu-ray drive for my laptop stopped working a couple months ago.

So anyone else could some weird habits or quirks?

I'm the reverse of this, except for 1. I too tend to watch my anime in the evening or night. But for one thing, reviewing the stuff, I don't have the luxury of watching one series at a time. I have several series on the go at any one time. If it's a review title, or something I have never seen before, I will watch two episodes of each a night. That gives me six days to get through a 12 episode show, but if it's something that I'm rewatching, it's one episode a night, and I stagger certain shows too, alternate discs, so I can have even more shows on the go at any one time.

I also need to be comfortable in front of a TV to watch the stuff. It looks like pants on a tablet, and I can't get comfortable near a laptop. I have eight shows on the go in my Crunchyroll queue, but It'll be a good week if I can watch four episodes streamed.

I also have so much of the stuff that I use a spreadsheet to figure out what to watch next. I have all my to-rewatch shows on a big loop, so unless I'm really in the mood, I don't recycle a show too soon. Right now I'm mostly rewatching shows that I last watched in 2013. I actually have three re-watch priority levels. Shows that aren't my favourites, but have been too long since I last saw them. Right now that's Bleach and Elfen Lied. I last saw Bleach Series 6 in 2011. Then there are shows that I love rewatching, They are the shows I last watched in May 2013 right now. And I leave one slot open for shows which I haven't rewatched before. I'm currently alternating the Monogotari franchise and Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere. I just finished watching Koimonogatari, which I last saw in 2015, while I suspect that this will be my only time to rewatch HotMoN, as I hated it the first time back in July 2013, but I like to give everything two chances. I do have a big pile of 'never watching this **** again' although most of that pile is Dragon Ball Z.

I always watch the OP/EDs for every episode even if they are awful (admittedly rare). If they are bad I moan about them but still watch them anyway. I have no idea why.

R

I used to do this. I don't know if it was a take the time to respect every aspect/the work that went into things or a wind up/down between episodes but after a while I realised I'd rather save the time and get on with the episode/next episode.

If it's really catchy/awesome I will tend to watch on opening/ending every time though. Otherwise they get 2 viewings at the start of a show and then I will watch them for the final episode.

When I watch an anime series on home video, I have to watch every episode on the disc in a single sitting (with breaks for food etc, of course). I know modern players will remember my place, but I don't care. I also never skip OP/ED themes - if they're terrible, I just use it as an opportunity to write notes, or get a drink - I get too paranoid about even missing a second of the actual show.

Unless I have a review copy that needs blasting through, I'll almost exclusively watch anime in the late evening/early hours, when the rest of the family is asleep. This is so I don't have to explain away unexpected fanservice and can watch shows not suitable for my 13 year old brother to walk in on. I will make exceptions if a show airs earlier, is safe and I have time (like Boruto), but that'll be before 5pm. My 22-year old brother works in an office, so I let him use the TV for FIFA etc when he gets in from work. I work from home, so deadlines allowing, I can just watch in the day and work later in the evening if need be.

Speaking of which, I actually have a 1080p TV in my bedroom, but the screen is so much smaller than the main downstairs one, that I seldom use it. I just prefer watching anime on a bigger screen, sat in the faux leather reclining chairs of my front room :p.

I have a bad habit(if you can call it that) of picking up a series mid-way through watching something else, blitzing it, then continuing with the other series i was on. Case in point. I'm now half way through Captain Earth and i blitzed all of Season 1 of Haikyuu(and then Season 1 of Kuroko no Basuke...) before continuing. It's a little crazy how i do this often enough. Saying that, i usually do it when watching shows which i find less interesting or less marathon-like, so probably explains why it was so easy to get through the other two between Captain Earth sessions.

Also i do watch all OP/EDs for shows in case i miss anything. Shows like Gun x Sword and Gintama make you realise you could miss a small thing they add into it, even for humour or otherwise, so it's worth doing for some shows.

I watch OPs because it's too much effort to skip them when streaming. Don't tend to bother with EDs though.

Hoorah, someone who is finally with me on this. I love OPs, well the good ones anyway, yet 90% of EDs are an instant skip, unless the first like, 3 or 4 seconds happen to catch my interest enough for me to want to listen to the rest. I think this is why I like "Don't Say Lazy", the first ED of K-On so much, it just throws you right in there with the hook. I love the other K-On EDs too, but I think I only watched them through once to see if they were as strong as the first.

Hoorah, someone who is finally with me on this. I love OPs, well the good ones anyway, yet 90% of EDs are an instant skip, unless the first like, 3 or 4 seconds happen to catch my interest enough for me to want to listen to the rest. I think this is why I like "Don't Say Lazy", the first ED of K-On so much, it just throws you right in there with the hook. I love the other K-On EDs too, but I think I only watched them through once to see if they were as strong as the first.
I am the opposite of you guys, after the first ep i usually skip OP's but with ED's I usually end up watching them mostly for NEPs, when done right NEPs are my favourite thing about anime and I love the build up to it with an ED.

I tend to watch 3 episodes in a row watching the OP on the first episode and the ED on the last, a bit like watching a single hour long episode. I can do this more than once in a day.
There are exceptions to this such as if there is a cliffhanger I don't want to wait for the resolution to, I really like either the OP or ED I will watch the in-between ones, or the series doesn't split up neatly that way and I have to watch more than or less than 3 to finish it off.

Back