Warner Bros. developing Bleach live-action film

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Yes...it's actually happening *facepalm*.

The Variety Entertainment magazine is reporting that American film studio Warner Bros. has licensed the live-action film rights to Tite Kubo's Bleach manga and is now developing the project. Dan Mazeau (Wrath of the Titans remake) is writing the script, while Peter Segal (Get Smart remake, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is set to be the producer, and possibly director. Other producers include Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing, actor Masi Oka (Heroes, Get Smart) and Jason Hoffs (The Terminal; Viz Productions). Branon Coluccio will be an executive producer.

Segal told Variety:
"I've always been a huge fan of Bleach and have great respect for its creator Kubo-sensei and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga.

In the past, Tite Kubo himself had made comments when asked by fans about his opinions on a live-action adaptation; to which he replied that he wanted to create an experience that can only be experienced in manga.

Personally, if I was forced to helm such a nightmare project, I'd want to stick closely to the Substitute Arc (y'know, the pre-Soul Society part).

Then I'd take the Uryu hollow bait stuff and the Memories in the Rain and smash them together; having the hollow bait attracting Grand Fisher instead of Menos Grande, to give it the angsty finale Hollywood loves.

But then there's still the issue of fitting 20 episodes (500 minutes) worth of material into a 90-120 minute film. I guess Don Kanonji can be cut, as could Kon...that'd probably reduce that to about 400 minutes. Only other option I can see is hitting Chad and Orihime's episodes, but that would mean screwing up any possible sequels.

Omg were going to have another db evolution arent we but it's called bleach live

I said it once and il say it again-

Leave the live anime to the asians they did a good job at gantz live all Hollywood dose is make fans hate hollywood even more

I would make it a pure high school comedy, five minutes of setup and then just go straight to where Renji and the rest of the shinigami come to Karakuracho after the end of the Soul Society arc.

ilmaestro said:
I would make it a pure high school comedy, five minutes of setup and then just go straight to where Renji and the rest of the shinigami come to Karakuracho after the end of the Soul Society arc.

Ok I'd wAtch that

A kid
A bold guy
A big breasted babe
A guy who loves him self
And renji

Sounds like Corey gold if you ask me.......... come to think of it I think that would work

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!

iW7os.png

yes. I know it's a ****** photoshop job, but think of the possibilities![/img]

Another attempt by Hollywood to adapt a manga? To quote the bowl of petuiias from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (another work of fiction to have suffered thanks to Hollywood): "Oh no, not again."

I wish they would stop ruining anime/manga and just get on with making their own unique films. If they are running out of ideas maybe they shouldn't be in that line of work.

Leave anime/manga/Japanese video game live actions to the Japanese. They do it well.

Oh you guys, the movie might not be so bad. i dont care if they change the names and settings as long as they keep the spirit of the show ~SARCASM NO JUTSU~

Back