Voice actors to release cover's of popular Rock Songs

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Six popular seiyū (Voice actors/actresses) are set to cover 12 rock and punk songs for Pun-Colle ~voice actresses' legendary punk songs collection, a CD that Avex Entertainment is shipping in Japan on February 25.
Among others, Halko Momoi (Paranoia Agent)  sings Blondie's "Call Me," Yuko Goto (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's Mikuru and Shuffles! Kaede) sings Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and Rie Tanaka (better known in the uk for her Music in Gundam Seed/Destiny) sings Sex Pistols' "Anarchy in the UK."
The Natalie website notes that the collection will appeal to Japanese seiyū fans but hopes to be a big hit for overseas otaku's too.

Track
Song
Cover Artist
Original Artist

"Sex and Violence"
Halko Momoi
The Exploited

"Basket Case"
Haruna Ikezawa
Green Day

"White Riot"
Kaori Shimizu
The Clash

"Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)"
Mai Kadowaki
The Offspring

"Anarchy In The UK"
Rie Tanaka
SEX PISTOLS

"London's Burning"
Yuko Goto
The Clash

"Call Me"
Halko Momoi
Blondie

"God Save The Queen"
Haruna Ikezawa
SEX PISTOLS

"Blitzkrieg Bop"
Kaori Shimizu
Ramones

"Search and Destroy"
Mai Kadowaki
Iggy & The Stooges

"Ruby Soho"
Rie Tanaka
Rancid

"Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Yuko Goto
Nirvana

Ryo Chan said:
And 1 day i may get the hang of this news systerm......... maybe
Nevermind, the forum itself strips the posts of the html code you've added. It looks good on the home page though.

OT - Lain singing clash and ramones shall prove interesting...

Was this supposed to be front-page news or is that the 'not getting the hang' of the system you're talking about? Because AnimeUKNews is about UK Anime news, not some random CD release halfway around the world...

Personally I think it is relevant if only because a lot of those songs are very British and the fusion is interesting. Not sure whether I'll actually pick this CD up though personally...

R

kupoartist said:
Was this supposed to be front-page news or is that the 'not getting the hang' of the system you're talking about? Because AnimeUKNews is about UK Anime news, not some random CD release halfway around the world...

1. They're anime voice actors, so hence the anime reference

2. one of the songs covered is done by a uk band

so it's hardly just some random cd with nothing to do with uk anime news ;)

Ryo Chan said:

Hey, you're in charge and all. I just think you're going to find that most people couldn't care less about some CD they're going to have to import to hear ear-popping covers of 25 year old songs performed by actors they have to look up on wikipedia to recognise. It's interesting enough for a general post in the news section (followed by 3 on-topic posts about how terrible it's going to sound, a three-page flame-war and a locked icon), but personally, it's not what I read AnimeUKNews for.

Also, just generally, you could trim the news reports down quite a bit. Compare the posts before and after the 7th of Feb. You don't need to put full-length tracklists and verbatim press-releases on the front-page. It'd look better if you just summarise them and put further details in the comments thread. Yeah it's not my place to say this, but I think it needs saying :p

kupoartist said:
Ryo Chan said:

Hey, you're in charge and all. I just think you're going to find that most people couldn't care less about some CD they're going to have to import to hear ear-popping covers of 25 year old songs performed by actors they have to look up on wikipedia to recognise. It's interesting enough for a general post in the news section (followed by 3 on-topic posts about how terrible it's going to sound, a three-page flame-war and a locked icon), but personally, it's not what I read AnimeUKNews for.

Also, just generally, you could trim the news reports down quite a bit. Compare the posts before and after the 7th of Feb. You don't need to put full-length tracklists and verbatim press-releases on the front-page. It'd look better if you just summarise them and put further details in the comments thread. Yeah it's not my place to say this, but I think it needs saying :p

I personally thought this was a good post. I also think it's better posting something that only some will like or find interesting/informative, than not posting it at all. Don't you think?

People in this forum import lots, and this is irrelevant? Right...

Anyway, I hope this CD offends a lot of people. The rage induced will be funny to see if it turns out as bad as I think.

Back