Viz license Bleach

Well i will admit that when i first heard this i couldn't help but feel a little sad (i guess thats the selfish side of me coming through), and i will of course be worried as to how it turns out.
But i will just hope that they will do a decent job of the dub so i don't have to get to fired up when my mum and sister watch it, and i will be very happy if i get to buy an unedited version on dvd

I started reading the Bleach manga just before Christmas and I'm glad that anime has now been licenced. I'm wondering how long it will take it (and the Naruto anime) to reach these shores.

Some of the comments posted about this news suggest some people are not very happy with Bleach being licenced by Viz, but I am show nobody would wanted 4Kids to have got there hands on it, but no-one has suggested a preferred alternative.

but I am show nobody would wanted 4Kids to have got there hands on it, but no-one has suggested a preferred alternative.

apart from the fact they cut animes i don't mind the 4kids dubs of alot of their shows so i wouldn't be bothered

atleast i'd be safe in the knowledge they'd fix that damn end theme they have atm :evil:

Ginji said:
Some of the comments posted about this news suggest some people are not very happy with Bleach being licenced by Viz, but I am show nobody would wanted 4Kids to have got there hands on it, but no-one has suggested a preferred alternative.
Well i thought for quite a while that i would have liked Funimation since i like alot of what they have done, but your certainly right about 4Kids, i think they are the last people anyone would want to licence one of their favourite series (even if i don't mind the dubs so much myself either, though they do mostly seem to have all the same voice cast) :lol:

Capuchin said:
Forgive me for being too lazy to find out myself, but how many episodes is Bleach meant to run to and who tends to release Viz titles in the UK?

Yes I am lazy, but I am on topic :wink:
Only two companies have so far licenced any Viz anime titles: MVM with the Ranma 1/2 movies and Manga Entertainment with She - The Ultimate Weapon. Unfortunately no UK companies seem to be willing to risk releasing a long-running anime TV show so the chance of anything but OVAs and movies look unlikely to be forthcoming :(. I'd be happy to see that change of course and would support it in full should it happen...

Bleach getting released in any english speaking country is a good thing because that means there's a good chance that there will be games and tack in english! Bleach DS is fantastic but I can't read a word of the story mode...

MVM always released the Urusei Yatsura OVAs and at least one of the movies. Probably a few more bits too.

GD said:
MVM always released the Urusei Yatsura OVAs and at least one of the movies. Probably a few more bits too.
Unfortunately they never released any of the 200 or so episodes of the Urusei Yatsura (which was released by AnimEigo in the US incidentally).

Further on their European activities, I suggest anyone interested read this article on the ANN forums (quoted from c21media.net)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... 788#257788

I really hope they kick into action in the UK, but I can't help but fear they will mainly be looking at the French and German markets. Bleach and Naruto and even Inuyasha should be on UK TV and fingers crossed Viz Media BV do something about it.

VIZ Media plans to introduce a dynamic rollout strategy that will leverage the strong manga (graphic novels) and entertainment brands into a broad licensing and marketing program. BLEACH’s television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

“It is a great privilege to be bringing such an outstanding property to so many parts of the world,â€

that would be too much effort :p

and whats worse thats my line

Edit: besides that, i'm testing something......... lets see if my theory is correct

Paul said:
I really hope they kick into action in the UK, but I can't help but fear they will mainly be looking at the French and German markets. Bleach and Naruto and even Inuyasha should be on UK TV and fingers crossed Viz Media BV do something about it.

Without a TV station willing to air their series, Viz Media BV can't do anything about it. Certainly, the absence of Inuyasha from UK TV is probably more to do with the relectuance of UK TV channels to show anime then inaction on VIZ's part. Naruto will surely end up on Toonami or another TV channel eventually given how successful its been on US TV, but it will take time. Don't forget that Naruto only debuted in the US in the autumn.

My point is that these companies often pay TV stations to air their shows- I'm sure the likes of FUNimation pay Adult Swim big bucks to air stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist; and so with Viz now making proper inroads to the European market, and with them arguably being the largest Western anime distributor, I hope they themselves are trying hard to sell their shows to the TV channels rather than waiting for an opportunity to come their way. Money talks.

well lets face it

theres only 3 channels that would even consider showing bleach here

Jetix (if their italian channel breaks through)
Rapture
or Toonami

Jetix is a very long shot.
Toonami has got to pot.
Rapture is our best chance but i can see them re-running FMA and wolf's rain before thinking of new animes to show

Back