Viz license Bleach

If you dont like a dub, watch the Japanese instead. All companies except 4Kids usually give you that choice. And besides it hasn't even been dubbed yet, so you could be surprised.

but then ur paying twice the ammount u should

u pay for the dub and sub, if u only watch the sub ur wasting half the dvd :p

Mangaminx said:
While I'm not a Bleach fan, its worth pointing out that Viz havent actually messed anything up anime wise for a while (if ever, I dont know their full anime history). Nobody knows if Full Moon has been altered,

Viz have a habit of being very aggressive in their adaptions, particulalry in the use of americanisms. i.e. they are changing the original tone of the work. THis exists particularly in their manga but also in subtitle tracks. I believe they have a habit of not translating songs as well.

As for Full Moon, 4 DVDs a year anybody? Inu Yasha 3 episodes per DVD? Large series shoudl come out faster. There is very few fans who will put up with that kind of stretched release schedule. Viz also have a habit of cancelling anythign that is not doing the business for them. Its almost like they have set-up Full Moon for a fall. Who know how they will handle bleach. Translations will probably be fine, but the release schedule is likely to be really poor.

Great stuff, as ashamed as I am to admit it in public I'm a huge Bleach fan and while this news isn't entirely unexpected -- Viz's parent company bankroll SJ so this "license" was pretty much a forgone conclusion anywho -- it's good to know we could be seeing Ichigo and co. sooner rather than later.

Am I alone in thinking that maybe, just maybe Bleach will air on TV relatively intact? Surely if the rumours of Viz angling toward the older teen market are true they'll want to leave all the gruesome bits in or else they run the risk of alienating their target demographic.

My post got edited, so i can't mention group names, so i'll just say, a certain high quality group will stop their work on Bleach so i will have to go to the **** group, is that ok? :D

*Mangaminx is angry at me and likes deleting my posts*

EDITED BY PAUL: Read this thread:
http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=1021

I hope you'll stop adverting the fact (on a public forum frequented by important figures in the UK industry no less) that you enjoy breaking the law.

The common myth seems to be that a lot of anime gets severly edited for TV. Well, it doesn't- Fullmetal Alchemist is a lot worse (in terms of violence) than Bleach and it has survived relatively uncut (I seem to remember some extreme amounts of blood shots were toned down) so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about here.

The only real concern should be the DVD releases. Naruto is only getting released as subbed in special edition boxsets. I'm not sure if Bleach will get the same treatment, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Viz has to say.

DaNiMé said:
My post got edited, so i can't mention group names, so i'll just say, a certain high quality group will stop their work on Bleach so i will have to go to the **** group, is that ok? :D

*Mangaminx is angry at me and likes deleting my posts*

I havent actually deleted any of your posts =x, so dont look at me :p

Ryo Chan said:
If you dont like a dub, watch the Japanese instead. All companies except 4Kids usually give you that choice. And besides it hasn't even been dubbed yet, so you could be surprised.

but then ur paying twice the ammount u should

u pay for the dub and sub, if u only watch the sub ur wasting half the dvd :p
Are you crazy?

If you were to break down the costs to an anime company for the DVDs you find on shelves, the dubbing process would be a tiny, tiny part of it.

Compared to the cost-per-episode for a series as big as Bleach (probably up to a million dollars per episode), acquiring the artwork for covers, menus, inlays, etc, getting music for the menus, compiling and translating text for any extras, translating and subtitling the Japanese, printing the inlay and cover, pressing the DVD and shipping it to stores, I'd say you're probably not looking at much more than $2-3 per DVD if you were to remove dubbing from the equation.

Lol, Paul your edit sounds so comical yet so serious, i never thought of it as finding it enjoyable to break the law, and i apoligize to Ms Minx for pointing the finger at her : P

However Paul, i have read that rules post before and i have abided by it since then, because as your rules post says:
While we welcome discussion on the latest anime and manga (licensed, fansubbed or scanned- it doesn't matter), we would rather you didn't discuss methods of downloading this stuff, the buying of bootlegs or suggesting other locations to do so. Topics like these could possibly land Anime UK News in a lot of unwanted bother and as such, any threads breaking the above rules will either be edited, closed or at worst, simply deleted. Thanks for reading and I hope you understand
There is no metion of not naming groups and/or saying how much i like/dislike them, or talking about them in general. Furthermore, i have seen lots of other people on here mention downloading etc etc, i will not mention the topic of fansubs again though >.<

It isn't hate anyway, it's just a lot of people on here have very different views and there are a lot more people than there were before, and the news lately has been very discussable if that's a word, with lots of points of view on it, it's just turning into parliament here tbh :S

A good start might be to keep things on topic- this thread is for the licensing of Bleach, if you want to discuss "forum love" (or lack of it) a new thread, private messaging or MSN conversation would serve you much better.

Forgive me for being too lazy to find out myself, but how many episodes is Bleach meant to run to and who tends to release Viz titles in the UK?

Yes I am lazy, but I am on topic :wink:

i am just glad it has been licensed
now i can get a hold of the ORIGINAL dvd's. and hopefully we will also have the same front covers as the japanses dvd's had (they were uber kool)
i would like to see it get proper treatment, meaning that it looks really nice and neat and stuff. unlike the other VIZ dvd's. i mean the hikaru no go covers looked kinda lame.
(i dont know y but i'm kinda picky on these small matters, lol)
oh, well, i hope to see box-set relseases like teh Naruto ones.

Forgive me for being too lazy to find out myself, but how many episodes is Bleach meant to run to and who tends to release Viz titles in the UK?

Yes I am lazy, but I am on topic

its up to the 70's and it a filler part so i can see it going well into the 100's if not 200's

Back