Valkyria Chronicles thread *including spoilers*

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Episode 1

So yeah, it's out at last, and i have to say i enjoyed episode 1

sure it's not following the game 100% but then that makes it more interesting, it's not just reliving the game.

• opening and ending are both enjoyable
    we get to know where Hans gets his name from ;)
    15 year old Militia kids
    and a rich blonde who always faints....... maybe time i took her outta my squad in game
    Welkins as gullable as ever
    yet a master of escape
    The maid escaped early, must of played the game and found out what was bout to happen.
    And here comes Is. Did Alicia really act that way round Darksens?
    And where are the weapon laws in this country? you can hold onto tanks and grenades here :D

Overall i liked it, though different, nothing is too out of place.

My only nit is that Alicia has eyes like satillite dishes. Op's ok, and the animation is fine, though i still prefer the games models.

"Did Alicia really act that way round Darksens? "

I think she was suspicious that Welkin couldn't be Isara's sister as he isnt a darcsen.

Thought i'd check it out since quite a few people have been talking about it, even though i've never played the game! I like it so far, the animation looks great to me with how its all shaded.

I think they took the que from the game with the hatched colouring, though i think it still looks better in the game. :)

Also apart from alicias boobs being bigger it seems to be fairly fan service free atm...

Clouded said:
Thought i'd check it out since quite a few people have been talking about it, even though i've never played the game! I like it so far, the animation looks great to me with how its all shaded.
never hear of the game either, but it's better than most of the dross out there this season. Just want to be a retired general when i grow up so i can have a tank in my garage.

Another person who hasn't played the game, but I like the first episode, defiantly something I'm going to keep up with. I found the animation different, but great.

Before I read whats said, are we gonna discuss beyond where the Anime is?

I've not finished the game but following the anime so, am I safe to post here?

Haven't played the game, but the first episode was decent - the animation is pretty good and style works nicely. As an opening setup there is promise.

Episode 2:
Is it me or isnt Welkin a bit... wet? In the game he's more of a natural leader. Also alicia's less dominating and seems more feminine in the game too.

So far i like it, but Welkin needs some balls!

Here we go again

Episode 2

So Edelwiese was upgraded with a Ferrarri engine?
And Welkins shot sucks....... and when did the imperials get tanks so early?
Oh well atleast we made it back to the town to se Susie
Who's down again XD
And even the good guys have tanks...... or rust buckets, not too sure yet.
Welkin succeeds in peeving off the commander
who seems to of gotten over his shock of Is rather quickly.
Ah yes Gallian spirit, that's the move when you stand up and get shot?
Maybe that explains why Welkins a coward and wants to run.
And there goes the twin......... errr mills?
Darcsen, expert engineers, so when one says not to drive a tank....... must be fine to use.
So, there's this giant tank, and you hit it's weak spot, for massive damage
Oh wait, no, they must have the ferarri engines, they break down easy.
Welkin, you really want to run away don't you
Tada Welkin and co's super sonic tank is back, and apparently has reflective armour, poor imps, the 1 shot on target and it flys off into the wall.
And the army is here...... wait if they had this many spare tanks, why's it so long till you get a 2nd in the game XD
and off to the militia we go.

All in all seemed a little short, but aleast rosie appears next ep

I dont know about short, its only jus finished the first chapter in the game hasnt it? with like 18 more chapters they need to speed up else they will need a 36 ep season at least!

Do the characters have shunpo or something?

I mean how can you be in one spot to see the tank with the good guy in it get killed? And then suddenly you're back at the barn with the characters that witnessed it the next second?

Think i'll give it a few more episodes to see whether it gets any better lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have finished the game, but I’m not planning on telling you that everyone dies in a nuclear fireball of destruction as aliens from an alternate earth breach the zero point field strength and cut the universe in half... oh wait a sec (joke: they don’t really I made that up...)

So no I won be spoiling later plot, only talking about the anime/difference to the game.

Btw i like that the town militia seem to have M1 carbines!

Only watched the first episode so far, probably watch the next one tomorrow but i'm impressed. The soundtrack is the same and the VA's are all the same, and the art also has that same feel that the game's art has. Story and episode wise, its still quite nice i have to say, thumbs up from me. Didn't expect to see one of the people you can recruit in the game so early into the anime either, but thats not something to really question i guess.

Arbalest said:
Only watched the first episode so far, probably watch the next one tomorrow but i'm impressed. The soundtrack is the same and the VA's are all the same, and the art also has that same feel that the game's art has. Story and episode wise, its still quite nice i have to say, thumbs up from me. Didn't expect to see one of the people you can recruit in the game so early into the anime either, but thats not something to really question i guess.

better yet, i didn't notice her till chapter 13 in the game ;)

though she did die very quickly

I didnt loose a single person... In battle but i dont think i ever fielded this char... It was mainly Alicia, Wendy Rose, Largo, Ted and a sniper. I'd sometimes throw in Cherry as she likes Ted and Rosie.

I hope they make something of Ted in the anime, he was class in the game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back