Valkyria Chronicles Anime

shira

Shinigami
Its probable most of you already know about this but there's no topic. I cant find the ANN Source that says it airs in April but here's MAL. I'll update this if I get the source, but right now I've got this killer stomach ache and cant be bothered.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Valkyria_Chronicles

Hope this helps someone.

I'm personally pretty excited. It looks beautiful; which is reason enough for me to watch it.

Sadly though, I have exams to prepare for :(

**** you GCSE's.

Edit: Im lookin' up sources

http://kotaku.com/5084162/valkyria-chro ... -treatment
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/1 ... anime-due/

Dunno the relevance of the 2nd one though. Bah well.

Cheers for the heads-up. I've seen some of the gameplay and it makes me wish I had a PS3, honestly.

I know game adaptations have a bad track record but if it's done right I think it could be excellent. An engaging cast of characters, some excellent battle scenes, politics...and pigs with wings. No, really.

Ah, i heard about this actually, and i'll be honest, i'm looking forward to this anime adaptation. Valkyria Chronicles does make me want to buy a PS3 a lot, and i probably will do eventually, its just the fact that i need money first hah. If the beautiful art style and, from what i hear, brilliant storyline and characters from the game are anything to go by, then the anime could easily work well.

Martin said:
Cheers for the heads-up. I've seen some of the gameplay and it makes me wish I had a PS3, honestly.

I know game adaptations have a bad track record but if it's done right I think it could be excellent. An engaging cast of characters, some excellent battle scenes, politics...and pigs with wings. No, really.

No problem d00de. Glad I could help someone.

And yeah, so far the game is beautiful on the PS3 and I really hope the anime can be the same quality. I mean the art is beautiful. Infact the only drawback in the game I have is; I want to see more story and not have to play as much :lol:

I had the same thing with Folklore.

I've been waiting for this too, the game is IMO bloody fantastic. Sad that i've completed it, but i have all the extras unlocked now so i can keep playing plus there is DLC to be released this quarter on PSN.

1930's style setting? Sounds like my kind of thing, i love alternative steampunk takes on the early 20th Century. Damn, I wish they'd make another series of Pumpkin Scissors :(

I wonder, because of the nature of these outfits, how much Fan service of Alicia and the Darksen girl (Forgot her name, lol) we're likely to see??

Isara ( :cry: )

She dies?

It looks alright though, same graphical style of Eternal Sonata. (The game that is.) Don't think I'll watch it, but I hope it's actually good for the sake of the fans.

Wildcard said:
1930's style setting? Sounds like my kind of thing, i love alternative steampunk takes on the early 20th Century. Damn, I wish they'd make another series of Pumpkin Scissors :(

Whoa, hold up?! Pumpkin Scissors was steampunk? I completely overlooked it before without much interest.

Spyro201 said:
I wonder, because of the nature of these outfits, how much Fan service of Alicia and the Darksen girl (Forgot her name, lol) we're likely to see??

It gets better... Hot much is Selvaria going to?

Yes i know its a typo but what they hey...

Maltos said:
Whoa, hold up?! Pumpkin Scissors was steampunk? I completely overlooked it before without much interest.

Yup. Dissappointing ending (as in it doesn't really end), but it's a fairly entertaining series. It's WW1/WW2 inspired mostly but I think it qualifies as steampunk.

Hokum said:
Spyro201 said:

It gets better... Hot much is Selvaria going to?

Yes i know its a typo but what they hey...

Hehehe.

I can this turning PAAAANTY SHOT CRAAAAZY

In the game... its actually rather sad when it happend...

On a different point was pumpkin scissors released over here? I can only find volumes 1-3 out of 6?

For those not ever going to buy the game or watch the anime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZIXoun1dk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back