Overseas US: FUNimation Limited Edition, Anime Classics and S.A.V.E./Essentials releases

Thanks for the Resurrection "F" mention Baggie_Saiyan :thumb: , saw it pass by in my RSS reader to this morning when checking Fandompost feeds, but you beat me to it. Spreadsheet will be adjusted.

Not for me though this Collector's Edition, have nothing with Dragonball :)

So who here will be purchasing Funimation's Limited Edition Space Dandy Season 2 release? Currently, I only see it listed on their site as a Funimation exclusive - will there be an Amazon exclusive like with Season 1. If not and you are still planning on getting the Funimation exclusive version how will you get your hands on it? As Funi won't deliver outside of the UK (correct me if I am wrong)

Mrclt1994 said:
So who here will be purchasing Funimation's Limited Edition Space Dandy Season 2 release? Currently, I only see it listed on their site as a Funimation exclusive - will there be an Amazon exclusive like with Season 1. If not and you are still planning on getting the Funimation exclusive version how will you get your hands on it? As Funi won't deliver outside of the UK (correct me if I am wrong)

Hmm I had thought that season 2 would be a regular release that would fit into S1's chipboard box (there is a gap for it)... but that certainly looks like a chipboard release...

I double dipped on S1 to get the box but was leaving it sealed and watching the AL edition... So if the second season was going to slot into the S1 box I wasn't going to double dip to avoid unsealing it... However if this is indeed a chipboard edition then I may well double dip... I guess I'll wait until unboxing vids to find out.

If I do decide to go for it first point of call will be the resale market... if there isn't a new and reasonably priced on there I may have to look for some company that do re-shipping from the US...

msgeek said:
Mrclt1994 said:

Hmm I had thought that season 2 would be a regular release that would fit into S1's chipboard box (there is a gap for it)... but that certainly looks like a chipboard release...

I double dipped on S1 to get the box but was leaving it sealed and watching the AL edition... So if the second season was going to slot into the S1 box I wasn't going to double dip to avoid unsealing it... However if this is indeed a chipboard edition then I may well double dip... I guess I'll wait until unboxing vids to find out.

If I do decide to go for it first point of call will be the resale market... if there isn't a new and reasonably priced on there I may have to look for some company that do re-shipping from the US...

Ah right, i hadn't known about the space for s2 to slot into for Funi's S1 release (as i hadn't pickex it up). Because i was debating on whether or not to get AL's s2 release if Funimation's 'exclusive' s2 release which can be seen on their website and looks like it comes with a chipboard box - but yeah, suppose we'll have to see when unboxing vids start coming out!

Mrclt1994 said:
Ah right, i hadn't known about the space for s2 to slot into for Funi's S1 release (as i hadn't pickex it up). Because i was debating on whether or not to get AL's s2 release if Funimation's 'exclusive' s2 release which can be seen on their website and looks like it comes with a chipboard box - but yeah, suppose we'll have to see when unboxing vids start coming out!

Well by space I mean a cardboard box the same size as a blu-ray which has got some art cards in it (but mostly empty)... But fairly typically that would be for another set of the series...

msgeek said:
Mrclt1994 said:

Well by space I mean a cardboard box the same size as a blu-ray which has got some art cards in it (but mostly empty)... But fairly typically that would be for another set of the series...

Ah yes, that part - i suppose that would good considering Funi's first season LE chipboard box doesn't say season 1 on the spine etc (correct me if i'm wrong). Did you buy just their LE set or did you go for the Amazon or funimaion exclusive versions of their s1 release?

Mrclt1994 said:
Ah yes, that part - i suppose that would good considering Funi's first season LE chipboard box doesn't say season 1 on the spine etc (correct me if i'm wrong). Did you buy just their LE set or did you go for the Amazon or funimaion exclusive versions of their s1 release?
Just the standard LE release from UP1USA.

Just had the "A Certain Scientific Railgun S" through and it looks like a standard DVD release with slipcover (no chipboard box) Looking around online I can't see that a chipboard box was produced for S2... Is that right? In that case is this actually a limited edition?

msgeek said:
Just had the "A Certain Scientific Railgun S" through and it looks like a standard DVD release with slipcover (no chipboard box) Looking around online I can't see that a chipboard box was produced for S2... Is that right? In that case is this actually a limited edition?

There's no LE for Railgun S, presumably due to poor sales on the DVD versions of Index & Railgun.

NormanicGrav said:
msgeek said:

There's no LE for Railgun S, presumably due to poor sales on the DVD versions of Index & Railgun.

Ah thanks. that explains it then.

Ah OK then i better remove that from the spreadsheet, i guess.

Also changed the colors again, the complete rows for OOP and OOP soon had colors, but personally i thought that was a bit too much, so now it's only the cell with OOP that's colored. Hope that works for everybody.
While i was working on the spreadsheet also changed to use alternate row colors so that should help a bit with readability.

Not sure if it's in question or not (as the picture is different to the other LE's), but I can confirm that the copy of Level E being sold on Amazon by Supermart for £13.88 is the LE as I had one arrive yesterday.

A Certain Scientific Railgun S has been removed from the spreadsheet, with thanks to msgeek for some additional confirmation.

@antonusklesk, you can be sure that Level E comes in a rigid chipboard box like the LE's as it's as far as i know the only available release from FUNimation for Level E.

Just had Hatalia 3 and 4 through and it looks like they are also cardboard not chipboard sets...? Unless there is a different reason they are considered LE's? (UPC's match).
KfIjiOg.jpg

nWAkTTL.jpg

I've got Season 5 on the way through but it'll probably be a couple of weeks but I'm thinking it'll probably be the same?

hmm. No bandanna's for me. Oh well at least if they are considered Limited Edition :s

I'm getting close now. Only 4 more sets once everything that is in the post arrives and I'll consider my funi LE collection complete...

The only caveats I'm applying are;
The ones that have been released
Only one copy where multiple LE's exist of the same season.
Aiming for chipboard only (No GITS / Darker than Black S1 / Soul Eater replaced with Jap version)(Although on the fence re: DTB S1)

Now I guess it is just a case of waiting for those 4 to show up at reasonable prices... Princess Jellyfish, Cowboy Bebop, Black Butler S1 and Fruits Basket... There was a Cowboy Bebop on ebay being offered by a London seller for £120 a few weeks back... was soo tempted a it would have avoided customs but unfortunately it went. Oh well...

The Hetalia LEs come with flimsy card sleeves and, if you got the first press, a bandana. I missed one of the bandanas (they really were 'limited' editions) but still got a slipcase with that volume.

R

msgeek said:
Now I guess it is just a case of waiting for those 4 to show up at reasonable prices... Princess Jellyfish
Just out of interest, and totally not because I have a copy of the LE that I'm unlikely to watch again, what would be a reasonable price?

Fruits Basket is going nowhere, though. Nowhere, I say!

fabricatedlunatic said:
msgeek said:
Now I guess it is just a case of waiting for those 4 to show up at reasonable prices... Princess Jellyfish
Just out of interest, and totally not because I have a copy of the LE that I'm unlikely to watch again, what would be a reasonable price?

Fruits Basket is going nowhere, though. Nowhere, I say!

Princess Jellyfish is a weird one for me as I already have two copies but just not the box. (Ordered the LE twice both times it showed with no box)... So my tendency is towards the lower end as I'm literally buying for the box...

Don't suppose you have a particular urge to just sell the box? That way I could move one step closer to completion and you get to keep your disks? (one of the LE's I've got has both amray cases - still sealed individually so I'm a little confused by the whole situation)

edit: plus it would prevent me from ending up with 3 sets of disks for the thing.

I might be interested in taking your spare set of discs, if you're wanting rid. I bought Khazi's release cheap at a con (because I wanted the plushie...) but I didn't realise how terrible the discs were...

Back