Overseas US: FUNimation Limited Edition, Anime Classics and S.A.V.E./Essentials releases

Super thanks for the list NormanicGrav, i knew you would be the first to react :thumb: One question though, how do you check this for the LE's you own, or does this information just come from the back cover ?

So for the LE editions i have added an extra column to the spreadsheet, logically called 'Region code'.

Updated the region information for the following LE's as i have these on my shelfs. Have used the information on the back cover.

• C Control The Money and Soul of Possibility: Complete Series
  • Code:Breaker: Complete Series
  • Date A Live: The Complete Series
  • Eureka Seven: Part One
  • Fractale: Complete Collection
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA
  • Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing: Part One
  • Level E: The Complete Series
  • Maken-Ki! Battling Venus: Complete Series
  • Nobunagun: Complete Series
  • Noragami: The Complete First Season
  • Princess Jellyfish: The Complete Series
  • Tenchi Muyo!: Movie Collection
  • Tenchi Muyo!: OVA Series
  • Tokyo Ravens: Part One
  • Wanna Be The Strongest In The World!: Complete Series & OVAs

Also added Region code information to the Anime Classics and S.A.V.E sheets and gone through my collection to add the information.

Any more region code information is more than welcome.

For the S.A.V.E. line I feel we should have a section or notice dedicated to reversible covers, I'm actually trying to hunt down the images of these on the net just to archive it so that I know a certain title can be reversible. Recent titles like Solty Rei and Shakugan no Shana Season 2 don't have reversible covers w/title on spine.

NormanicGrav said:
For the S.A.V.E. line I feel we should have a section or notice dedicated to reversible covers, I'm actually trying to hunt down the images of these on the net just to archive it so that I know a certain title can be reversible. Recent titles like Solty Rei and Shakugan no Shana Season 2 don't have reversible covers w/title on spine.

That's what annoyed me with Shiki.

Checked the packaging on some of the LE's with missing region code. The ones I checked were all A|1 (At least on the packaging).

Appleseed XII A|1
Aquarion Evol A|1
Attacn on Titan P1 A|1
Attacn on Titan P2 A|1
Blood-C A|1
Cat Planet Cuties A|1
Guilty Crown A|1
Lupin the Third Fujiko A|1
Shana 2 P1 A|1
Steins;Gate A|1

NormanicGrav said:

Already got you covered here, that column was there since the spreadsheet first went online :) Filled in all those i have in my possession. Shana Season 2 indeed doesn't have a reversible cover just like Season 1. As far as i know the first run included a slipcover, have one for Season 1 but not for Season 2. Slipcover is 'reversible' if you place the set uhh backwards on the shelf.

@msgeek, thanks for the extra information. I've added it to the spreadsheet.

SAVE editions;

Heroic Age BD - like Shiki, reversible but no title on the spine
My Bride is a Mermaid DVD - reversible with title
Romeo x Juliet DVD - reversible with title
The Galaxy Railways DVD - reversible with title
xxxHOLiC DVD - reversible with title

Thanks Lavigne, for me Heroic Age BD is then a non-reversible cover as you can't see when it's on the shelf what title it is. Is the Heroic Age BD a BD or DVD sized set ?

Also could you check the region information.

Stiivun said:
Thanks Lavigne, for me Heroic Age BD is then a non-reversible cover as you can't see when it's on the shelf what title it is. Is the Heroic Age BD a BD or DVD sized set ?

Also could you check the region information.

Blu-ray is Region A only and is BD sized. The DVD version on the other hand apparently has a reversible cover with the title on the spine.

Saw Serial Experiments Lain LE had been added to the list (Might have been added a while ago and I missed it)... Yikes those amazon prices are expensive. Do I recall correctly that some / a lot of the Lain transfers had been done badly - breaking _something_? Is the Funi one OK?

My non-save edition Heroic Age is BD Size and Region A only if that helps. I may have a few more S.A.V.E titles I can add info for - I'll compare what I have to the list shortly...

@NormanicGrav re:the S.A.V.E reversibility - you have seen the extra tabs in the spreadsheet across the bottom? I missed them until I exported to excel and saw there were more tabs. Suddenly it all made sense.

At this stage I think I have to ask the question - We have the LE's / SAVE / Classics... How many titles / how much work are we looking at to add the rest of the FUNI catalogue into an additional tab?

edit: Checked my SAVE titles. Looks like you already have info for what I have.

msgeek said:
@NormanicGrav re:the S.A.V.E reversibility - you have seen the extra tabs in the spreadsheet across the bottom? I missed them until I exported to excel and saw there were more tabs. Suddenly it all made sense.

At this stage I think I have to ask the question - We have the LE's / SAVE / Classics... How many titles / how much work are we looking at to add the rest of the FUNI catalogue into an additional tab?

I COMPLETELY missed those tabs, hahaha.

It's going to take a heckload of effort to add the normal titles onto that list. Especially when a lot of the older titles are no longer archived on Funimation's website.

If anything I think he should focus on the movies first and then shonen titles etc. (each as their own tab).

That reminds me I should start the Sentai one.

Hmm... I think what I'm thinking of are only their BR releases rather than their whole catalogue (would that cut it down significantly?) ... However that's probably something I need to work out for myself as not sure how many others would find that info valuable...?

I'll leave the regular FUNimation titles for what they are for the moment. Input isn't all that difficult, but the problem is like NormanicGrav already said, is digging up all the information.

There are some regular titles mentioned in the remarks column where i list all available version of a LE / Anime Classics / S.A.V.E. title, but i suspect even in that column some information is missing.

Rumbling Hearts and The Count of Monte Cristo (Gankatsuou) SAVE DVDs both come as two slim amarays in a slipbox. None of the amarays are reversible.

Also, neither comes with the usual SAVE art on the boxes or cases either. Rumbling Hearts is labelled as being from 'The Viridian Collection' however.

Information on ALL of Funimation's releases, ever, should be present in ANN's releases database. If anything is missing from there or not obviously visible, give me a shout.

msgeek said:
Do I recall correctly that some / a lot of the Lain transfers had been done badly - breaking _something_? Is the Funi one OK?
Funi's Lain transfer is brighter than the Japanese and is plagued with a fair amount of unsightly banding. It's not unwatchable but the issues are distracting.

Bamboo Blade and OniAi S.A.V.E. editions both have reversible covers. As do both long-OOP Kodocha collections (which aren't on the list).

Back