URGENT!!! EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Maltos said:
Ein said:
Maltos said:
Yagami said:
They have linux on everything...
Find me a linux toaster then i'll believe you. [God i hope you can.]

Enjoy

I was expecting something more...flashy? I mean...where do the lasers fit in?!

They're in orbit. They bounce off an intricate system of mirrors supported by ropes and pullies to give the perfect toast every time (complete with custom designs if you can understand/programme in PERL).

MrChom said:
Maltos said:
I was expecting something more...flashy? I mean...where do the lasers fit in?!

They're in orbit. They bounce off an intricate system of mirrors supported by ropes and pullies to give the perfect toast every time (complete with custom designs if you can understand/programme in PERL).
Now THAT is what i call a toaster!

Things like this are just spam that acts as a big chainmail without people realising it, anyone remember the "Microsoft is going to charge you money to use msn messenger" thing a few years back... which is still going around sadly. Best to just ignore it and make sure you have decent internet security *cough*Kaspersky*cough*

I hate computers. =P

Now, seriously, are you a PC gamer Tachi? If you're not, you should try linux right away!
As it's been pointed out, you don't even need to install linux, all you need to do is download a image disk, cd or dvd.... or even get it into a USB drive.

The way you like batch Tachi, you will go crazy with awt and sed =)
another quesion, why don't you try some other programming language? I've heard real wonders about ruby...

Yagami said:
Ein said:
I love viruses, Trojans and bot nets.

Enjoy your 25+ years imprisonment :D
Not really. He pointed that he is a white hat, so he might do something I used to do when I cared about it... Collect viruses and trojans to learn how to cure them. When I cared about this stuff I always had more than one desktop at hand, surely not the best money can buy, but still enough to run windows and a word processor in them. I collected floppy disks with many different virus and trojans and I studied how to "cure" infected pcs from them.

BTW - white hat means he is an ethical hacker in computer geek slang, case you're wondering...

I'm pretty sure if you have a botnet running on your pc, it's illegal whether it is for a good reason or not.

I remember reading this quote;

Officier : Why is there a huge 4 foot bong in your living room?!
Person : Of course that is just for decoration, sir.

Yagami said:
I'm pretty sure if you have a botnet running on your pc, it's illegal whether it is for a good reason or not.

I remember reading this quote;

Officier : Why is there a huge 4 foot bong in your living room?!
Person : Of course that is just for decoration, sir.
Not really. Most windows users have botnet running, those with rootkits are particularly dangerous. What would be illegal is to infect someone else with a botnet an use it to gain control over someone's else pc.
Like I said, it's totally legal to have whatever virus, trojan and botnets you want in your own hardware, the illegal bit is to infect others.

To learn more about malicious codes, one have to get your hands on them on a controlled environment, such as described by Ein. You have a few computers in an isolated network, see how the malicious code (virus, trojan, whatever...) behaves in it, them you can come up with a cure. As Tachi mentioned, you can have a batch to remove a virus, actually I remember Macfee and Symantec used to release such batches as hot fixes for certain viruses, I believe you can still find them at their websites...

chaos said:
I hate computers. =P

Now, seriously, are you a PC gamer Tachi? If you're not, you should try linux right away!
As it's been pointed out, you don't even need to install linux, all you need to do is download a image disk, cd or dvd.... or even get it into a USB drive.

another quesion, why don't you try some other programming language? I've heard real wonders about ruby...

hmmm you have me intruiged chaos. i shall look into it right away.
oh and btw i used to be a serious pc gamer. but since battlefield 2142 (or whatever the hell its called) i havent really bought any games. im looking forward to diablo tho. i bypassed my works security and installed diablo 2 the other day lol how about you? prefer consoles or pc?

(would like to point out that consoles are my fav, nothing could replace my ps3)

Tachi- said:
chaos said:
I hate computers. =P

hmmm you have me intruiged chaos. i shall look into it right away.
oh and btw i used to be a serious pc gamer. but since battlefield 2142 (or whatever the hell its called) i havent really bought any games. im looking forward to diablo tho. i bypassed my works security and installed diablo 2 the other day lol how about you? prefer consoles or pc?

(would like to point out that consoles are my fav, nothing could replace my ps3)

PC > Console

ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
PC > Console
Seconded. Think of all the fantastic mods, and infinate backwards compatability. Also the fact PCs are upgradable, and the games are cheaper.

But with the way things are going they will eventually be the same thing anyway, which brings us full circle to the old Sinclair computers, the commodores and the Amiga's (apologies if i forgot any I looked into it more after Ayase brought it up in a different thread) Currently i prefer consoles myself but that's because most of the games i play are only on console, not a fault of the PC itself

BlackWolf said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
PC > Console
Seconded. Think of all the fantastic mods, and infinate backwards compatability. Also the fact PCs are upgradable, and the games are cheaper.

But with the way things are going they will eventually be the same thing anyway, which brings us full circle to the old Sinclair computers, the commodores and the Amiga's (apologies if i forgot any I looked into it more after Ayase brought it up in a different thread) Currently i prefer consoles myself but that's because most of the games i play are only on console, not a fault of the PC itself
Yeah, I was actually the one who brought that up wasn't I? :lol:

But until they are the same thing I'll still prefer PCs. Probably the closest we came was intel's failed viiv platform.

ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
PC > Console

I've always been a console man myself. I don't need to upgrade them, I know my games will always work, I can sit on my couch to play, I don't have to use a keyboard and mouse to play games.

Admittedly there are some games I like on PC (RTS stuff, and Football Manager), but generally I like my consoles.

Also I discount the "infinite backwards compatability" theory. My copy of Final Liberation and Blade Runner no longer work on PC (unless I download someone else's installed copy of BR...it's largely the installer and initial setup that don't work). Also, having dual monitors makes a load of other games totally screw up...Medieval Total War hates me :/

MrChom said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
PC > Console

I've always been a console man myself. I don't need to upgrade them, I know my games will always work, I can sit on my couch to play, I don't have to use a keyboard and mouse to play games.

But the Keyboard and Mouse is WHY its so good!!

Spyro201 said:
MrChom said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
PC > Console

But the Keyboard and Mouse is WHY its so good!!

Sorry all other points i can agree with...but a keyboard and a mouse isn't as good as a controller.
the erganomics are uncompairable and for that reason alone the controller is superior to a keyboard and mouse.

Back