Upcomming Boxsets...

About the Sorcerer Hunters OAV, ADV said on a forum chat on they did on the SFX forums that the reason it took so long to come out in the UK was because they did not want to release any titles that could of had a negative effect on the popularity of anime in the UK

Is it really as bad in that regard as they say it is (I figure the 18 rating should be enough of an answer but I was wondering anyway)

pazza said:
Does anyone know what the chances are of a FMA box set some time in the near future?

Pretty unlikely if you're thinking of an entire box set with all volumes 1-13.
(not just because we live in the UK, but because fitting 13 volumes in a box is more of less impossible : D .. although... a 'treasure chest' style box would work : O)

The link Ushio posted says Season 1 yes but it seems to be being released by MVM, with the same tin they did the release of volume 6 with.. so one would assume they're just trying to sell unsold stock.. plus MVM don't release Funimation's products anymore.

You never know though, Revelation films seem to be doing a good job with releasing Funimation's things so if a US box set of some form does come out (which might be in the near-ish future), the chances of it coming here aren't impossible : )

I think the MVM tin with volumes 1 - 4 is something different from this season one boxset since MVM aren't allowed to release new Funi products and even though they might be just selling old stock this might count as a new item.

This is complete assumption but i'm thinking this season 1 boxset will be released by Revelation Films and contain either episodes 1 - 25 or 1 -13 but i'm gonna go with the former splitting the series into two boxset releases in thinpak form or something similar(not regular sized anyway).

I'm also guessing that since this doesn't have any infomation that it's quite a while off and this might be because this same boxset is planned for a US release as well and will basically be the same as that.

Then again that's all just guess work and I could be totally wrong.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I think the MVM tin with volumes 1 - 4 is something different from this season one boxset since MVM aren't allowed to release new Funi products and even though they might be just selling old stock this might count as a new item.

This is complete assumption but i'm thinking this season 1 boxset will be released by Revelation Films and contain either episodes 1 - 25 or 1 -13 but i'm gonna go with the former splitting the series into two boxset releases in thinpak form or something similar(not regular sized anyway).

I'm also guessing that since this doesn't have any infomation that it's quite a while off and this might be because this same boxset is planned for a US release as well and will basically be the same as that.

Then again that's all just guess work and I could be totally wrong.

Ohh that's interesting :eek: where did you find the information for the 'planned' US release?

Just something to point out however, it would be great that Rev Films are doing this season 1 release, anime-on-line listed it earlier than any other site and said it's coming out by MVM, but as you say, I thought MVM weren't allowed to release Funi stuff anymore : x

DaNiMe said:
pazza said:
Does anyone know what the chances are of a FMA box set some time in the near future?

(not just because we live in the UK, but because fitting 13 volumes in a box is more of less impossible : D .. although... a 'treasure chest' style box would work : O)

Well, of course with the size of the series, more than one boxset would be required. I thought that 2 volumes of 7 or so dvd's should do the job?

pazza said:
DaNiMe said:
pazza said:

Well, of course with the size of the series, more than one boxset would be required. I thought that 2 volumes of 7 or so dvd's should do the job?

It seems that MVM are releasing the same things as Madman, box-set wise, and I found this:

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalo ... ethod=view

So I'm guessing that's what we will probably be getting; which is awesome!

If you go to http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com.au/ and click on releases, you can see a picture of the box too; sexy looking indeed. Go Madman, and MVM!

Looks good...would prefer a thinpak version though as I prefer them condensed to save on space!! Something along the lines of the GITS SAC boxsets.

Back