Upcomming Boxsets...

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
i was flicking through play.com and came accross some rather suprising boxsets.
(i am sure most of you have already seen these, but i just thought i'd just list it here for those who may be interested.)

She: The Ultimate Weapon Complete Series and Another Love Song OVA - Release date = 26/03/2007
3317020m.jpg

Yukikaze Box Set - Release date = 26/03/2007
3308809m.jpg

Tactics: Series 1 Part 1 - Release Date = 26/03/2007
Tactics Series 1 Part 1 includes the first 13 episodes of the 26 episode series.
and oddly enough play.com has a picture of the GITS 2ND GIG tin set.

Ghost In The Shell: SAC 2nd Gig! Complete Box Set - Release date = 26/02/2007
3299383m.jpg

Gad Guard: The Complete Collection - Release date = 19/02/2007
3275897m.jpg

Ninja Resurrection: Classic Collection - Release date = 19/02/2007
3275903m.jpg

Chobits Box Set - Release date = 05/03/2007
3275430m.jpg

Sorcerer Hunters: Classic Collection - Release date = 19/03/2007
3275992m.jpg

She, the Ultimate Weapon, I'll be buying. Love Manga Ent. <3 Might buy Yukikaze too.

I'm STILL waiting for Wolf's Rain boxset. ;_;

random_pie said:
She The Ultimate Weapon box set:
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=610431 £9.99 for 7 discs.

Surely that must be an error on two counts?

£9.99 – That’s way too cheap. A bit like Play.com’s recent Dai-Guard mistake.

And 7 discs? It was only 13 episodes, and even with the ova I can’t imagine how they’ve spread it over 7 discs. Amazon and Play don’t say how many discs but they do say 395 minutes and around £35.

Anyway, I’ve ordered it. Wasn’t to sure about watching this, but at that price it’d be rude not to. And I've heard it's pretty good!

Espy said:
Why is it always the box sets they mis-price?
The last one was the Dai-Guard box whichwas priced right down on play.com. They normally go back and change it, but it's still at the wrong price! (people have got it at this price from them as well)

Maybe with a bit of luck HMV will stick with the price?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
****, I just bought the first 2 volumes today in that 3 for £20 deal in Virgin.
If you haven't already opened them you can just take them back, maybe get something else instead...

I must say, I'm loving the amount of boxsets we're getting these days. Practically every series I put on the backburner (ie stuff I'll get around to eventually) is now coming out in a more affordable boxset format. I like where this is going and hope the trend continues. Now if only they'd make thinpak editions of slightly older stuff too... fingers crossed eh?

random_pie said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
****, I just bought the first 2 volumes today in that 3 for £20 deal in Virgin.

You can find She: Ultimate Weapon 3 for less than £10 by using this site:
http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/MANG5011.htm

Managed get it for £6.50 off the amazon marketplace but thanks for the link. I'm sure i'll make good use of it. :)

I'll just wait until that another love song comes down in price now, which shouldn't be that long.

adamcube said:
Woo, awesome pricing on She. I'll grab this one for sure, but they do have to honour this price, don't they?

Officially they don’t unless they have take money off you on order. However I have found that both Play.com and amazon.co.uk seem to honour their mis-prices, unless we are talking flatscreen TVs.

Got myself the Bubblegum Crisis 2040 set for £16.99 [and free shipping :wink: ] from amazon and the Daiguard set at £17.99 from play. Both where honoured.

To help you compare the prices here's a table
Anime.....................................Play.com..............HMV.................Amazon
She:Ultimate Weapon...............35.99...................9.99.................33.74
Yukikaze Box Set.....................23.99...................29.99...............22.49
Chobits Box Set.......................39.99...................35.99...............35.99
Ghost in Shell: 2nd Gig.............29.99...................29.99...............29.99
Gad Guard collection................47.99....................42.99..............44.99
Ninja Resurrection: Classic.......11.99....................8.99................11.24
Sorcerer Hunters.....................11.99....................8.99................11.24

Hope that will be helpful so you don't have to jump on different site. Some prices were pretty sweet. I wonder how you create table in forums. I even tried html coding but it would go straight to your signature....

Back