Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:
awesome, cannot wait to finally get this, been wanting to watch it for so long and the set looks great :) probably one of the best AL have done imo, the colours make it stand out so well!

Samurai Flamenco is one of my favourite 'under-appreciated/under-rated' shows because it gets pretty over the top in certain places but still provides some weird kind of entertainment. It's a great homage to the Super Sentai genre.

Can't wait to see your reactions during the latter half of the first set. :lol:

That bloody Guillotine Gorilla part, I lost it there :lol: I knew the show was destined for great things from that point onwards. The reactions are going to be pretty interesting.

SIT DOWN

In regards to the set, looks lovely. I especially like the outer side to the digipack art. I wonder what art work they're going to use for Set 2..

Last edited by a moderator:
Might cop this - will check out the series on Netflix first though. See if it's worth the ugly spine :'( lol, nah I'm kidding, what people have said above has interested me so will give it a go

I'll probably have to pick Samurai Flamenco up. It wasn't the greatest show, but it was certainly an experience I won't soon forget.

R

I've not had a look at yet but I'll probably watch a few episodes on Netflix this week if I get time . If I like it I will but in the new year

Bailey1985 said:
I've not had a look at yet but I'll probably watch a few episodes on Netflix this week if I get time . If I like it I will but in the new year

I recommend watching more than a couple episodes before making a decision, SamFlam is one of those few shows where the 3 episode rule cannot apply.

NormanicGrav said:
Bailey1985 said:

I recommend watching more than a couple episodes before making a decision, SamFlam is one of those few shows where the 3 episode rule cannot apply.

Indeed, it starts as a pretty mundane real life hero tale, but quickly descends into straight up wtf.

I'll watch more than just a couple before I decide then . I was up early so If i can get everything done this morning I will start it today .

The Eccentric MVM Cannot Be This Cute

The Eccentric Family: Complete Collection (DVD)
[spoilerbutton]
81a2AfqYMWL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Oreimo: Season 1 (DVD)
[spoilerbutton]
81gGMHO6dvL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Given the translated title on the back of the box and the certificate rating, I'm guessing a lot of people really will get the wrong idea :p

Although, is it really the wrong idea? I mean...

Joshawott said:
Given the translated title on the back of the box and the certificate rating, I'm guessing a lot of people really will get the wrong idea :p

Although, is it really the wrong idea? I mean...

Not until Season 2 anyway :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say... it's debatable. OreImo is a pretty good example of a series where the author lost sight of the actual work, and muddied the line between what was actually happening, and what was his personal fan-fiction take on his own story.

The games Kirino plays all have cute girl on the cover next to a big "R-18" so ironically...

NormanicGrav said:
My problem was that the one or two episodes I watched were on Wakanim and having accidentally missed the boat on the free eps, watching any more would have cost me...
I have yet to pick it up on any other platform having completely lost momentum on it (heck, I've barely watched anything from the current season).

Sasami-san@MVMbaranai

Oreimo 2: Complete Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81kdbDLGv8L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81opakgMM7L._SL1500_.jpg

81-kxW9e-XL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

StudioCanal (Zavvi Exclusive) Ghibli Steelbooks (where these the only two announced a few months ago? I thought there was one more) Up for pre-order on Xmas day & boxing day (presuming one for each day)

12362930_10153113069885146_7553246191983693836_o.jpg

12375109_10153113069985146_2896985980831320970_o.jpg

Who wants to give me the three I missed out on? or at least point me somewhere? please? If I knew it was going to turn into a steelbook collection I would'v'e picked up Ponyo, Howl & Totoro too :( Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back