Not open for further replies.
Aquarion: Volume 2

11850566x.jpg

Paradox295 said:
Naruto The Movies

Don't know how to copy images from amazon :(

Its bit difficult to get image links from amazon but it is possible:
1.) Highlight the picture by dragging over it
2.) Click right menu on mouse OFF the picture and choose "view selection source"
3.) The link to image is within the selected source code

the result is as follows: :D

B002JWK4Z8.01._SX315_SCLZZZZZZZ_V227770459_.jpg

In Firefox you can just right click on the image "Copy Image Location" and then paste it between image tags. ([ img ] [ /img ] without the spaces)

ayase said:
In Firefox you can just right click on the image "Copy Image Location" and then paste it between image tags. ([ img ] [ /img ] without the spaces)

Well in the case of Amazon the problem is when you click on the amazon picture to use "Copy Image Location" it auto zoom the picture and the link provided does not give you correct picture link and gives you this instead:

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ri ... /cover.gif

Oh, that's one of those zoomable pictures is it? Fair enough, that does make it harder. Not many Amazon pictures are like that though, most can be done the easy way.

Dave said:
ayase said:

Well in the case of Amazon the problem is when you click on the amazon picture to use "Copy Image Location" it auto zoom the picture and the link provided does not give you correct picture link and gives you this instead:

I use Firefox add-on Screengrab for stuff like this as well, and then just edit or crop things in Paint/Photoshop or whatever

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146

Olio8O said:
Dave said:
ayase said:

I use Firefox add-on Screengrab for stuff like this as well, and then just edit or crop things in Paint/Photoshop or whatever

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146

Well that all well and good to use on this topic but to post new stories on the front page of the website I need the direct link to the image as It gives error code when uploading pictures to the site. I could always of course use something like imageshack but they only host images for so long.

Just Passing Through said:
What's wrong with Photobucket?

I assume but I could be wrong mind that all the free sites which offer the service to host pictures will eventually remove the picture after a set period. I notice quite a few pictures posted in the past on quite a few others forums, that the original picture has gone and in its place is the logo of the site who uploaded it. Its not that hard to get the direct link from Amazon anyway and with how big & successful they are the picture would probable never ever removed from their site database and Amazon will carry on well into the future too. So anyone looking back through the topic or certain post on this forum no matter how old the topic/post is, hopefully they should see the pictures still there.

Anyway here new artwork cover:

12427450x.jpg

Dave said:

I assume but I could be wrong mind that all the free sites which offer the service to host pictures will eventually remove the picture after a set period.

They don't remove pictures, that would defeat the point of a hosting service. I've never had any image removed since I have been with PB.

However, they do keep an eye on bandwidth usage and links. If too much bandwidth is used for any particular image, then they will put up the 'image unavailable' logo, and start sending you e-mails advertising their paid for Pro Service.

Give it a try and see what happens. I don't think a few thousand hits a day should cause them too much hassle. You'll have to check their Ts and Cs for more detail though.

By linking directly to images on Play or Amazon, well I doubt that they'd mind as this is really advertising their goods for them, but you are essentially snaffling their bandwidth.

Zin5ki said:
The Desert Punk cover art depicts some voluminous (yet notably well-supported) assets.

They are quite literally as big as her head, (not taking hair into account at least)that's pretty extreme, even by anime standards =P

Dave said:

I assume but I could be wrong mind that all the free sites which offer the service to host pictures will eventually remove the picture after a set period.

They don't remove pictures, that would defeat the point of a hosting service. I've never had any image removed since I have been with PB.

However, they do keep an eye on bandwidth usage and links. If too much bandwidth is used for any particular image, then they will put up the 'image unavailable' logo, and start sending you e-mails advertising their paid for Pro Service.

Give it a try and see what happens. I don't think a few thousand hits a day should cause them too much hassle. You'll have to check their Ts and Cs for more detail though.

By linking directly to images on Play or Amazon, well I doubt that they'd mind as this is really advertising their goods for them, but you are essentially snaffling their bandwidth.

A unavailable logo is as good as removing the picture. There little point me trying out a image service as I am able to get the pictures off play.com and amazon.com quite easily so there little reason to change.

Might as well wait until the upload picture ability works on the site is sorted then it would possible to have a complete record of DVD artwork of UK anime on the site, which would be nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back