Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

This raises a couple of questions.

Firstly, in the context of the current Anime-on-line deal of the week, is this upcoming Fate release just a cosmetic change from the old one on offer... Oh wait I see some random extras listed on the back...which help steer me towards the deal of the week.

Secondly, did we even have a Knights of Sidonia season 2 release in the UK? Hey ho, that movie release will still work nicely for me seeing as I got the Sentai seasons 1+2 combi import from otaku.co.uk not that long ago.

This raises a couple of questions.

Firstly, in the context of the current Anime-on-line deal of the week, is this upcoming Fate release just a cosmetic change from the old one on offer... Oh wait I see some random extras listed on the back...which help steer me towards the deal of the week.

Secondly, did we even have a Knights of Sidonia season 2 release in the UK? Hey ho, that movie release will still work nicely for me seeing as I got the Sentai seasons 1+2 combi import from otaku.co.uk not that long ago.
About Fate, it's a re-release of the dvd only. I was wondering what's going on with it too, but @NormanicGrav told me that they're swapping the fat pack for a thinner one.

Also don't know if you're interested in extras, but the trade off of the blu ray is that it comes with no extras instead.

About Fate, it's a re-release of the dvd only. I was wondering what's going on with it too, but @NormanicGrav told me that they're swapping the fat pack for a thinner one.

Also don't know if you're interested in extras, but the trade off of the blu ray is that it comes with no extras instead.
Ah, I hadn't notice it was the dvd only re-release, good spot. Looking at it now, the artwork at the front does match the previous dvd offering. Wasn't too fussed about this series or the extras, given how the ufotable's adaptations blow this out of the water, but don't mind the sale price blu-ray so have ordered that instead.

Ah, I hadn't notice it was the dvd only re-release, good spot. Looking at it now, the artwork at the front does match the previous dvd offering. Wasn't too fussed about this series or the extras, given how the ufotable's adaptations blow this out of the water, but don't mind the sale price blu-ray so have ordered that instead.
Just FYI though this is the only adaptation of the seiba route. UFOtable haven't touched that one.

speaking of re-releases with thinner packs, is there any real reason now that BBFC don't require the rating on the spine that MVM/AL don't use the 12mm cases over the 15mm ones?

Just FYI though this is the only adaptation of the seiba route. UFOtable haven't touched that one.
Indeed and that's why I've been wanting to get this recently for completion's sake, since it's no longer streaming, to my knowledge, having now left Netflix. It's interesting how much ufotable & Kajiura elevate type-moon's output for me though, as I can't say I've been tempted to buy any of their anime made by other studios, as fascinating as they are at lore-crafting.

Indeed and that's why I've been wanting to get this recently for completion's sake, since it's no longer streaming, to my knowledge, having now left Netflix. It's interesting how much ufotable & Kajiura elevate type-moon's output for me though, as I can't say I've been tempted to buy any of their anime made by other studios, as fascinating as they are at lore-crafting.
Well since the Saber route is the one that ties directly into Fate Grand Order I personally wouldn't mind if UFOtable updated it and corrected Bedivere's appearance for continuity's sake but I'll take what I can get lol.

Well since the Saber route is the one that leads directly into Fate Grand Order I personally wouldn't mind if UFOtable updated it and corrected Bedivere's appearance for continuity's sake but I'll take what I can get lol.
That would be perfect wouldn't it but I guess they're respecting Deen's work, and it's not bad but just can't help but get compared to what came after heh. You're so right on Grand Order, as now that I think about it the Saber route is the only one with Bedivere's appearance. I'm working my way through Babylonia now and hoping a UK release (physical or streaming) for the Camelot movies miraculously manifests by the time I'm done, ha ha...

I'm fairly lost with which Fate adaptations are good/worthwhile beyond the Ufotable adaptations!
My take for what it's worth:

I believe the Babylonia one is meant to be good, I'm in a few episodes and it's visually impressive with the artwork (a-1/Cloverworks), the story feels very much like a video game (of which it has adapted the final arc? Though the Lost Room ova had me confused into thinking that the game itself goes past this also) thus far so will wait and see. People have raved here about the preceding Camelot arc movies.

Extra/encore sounds weird, don't plan to give it a go unless people rave about it.

Apocrypha is not bad, I found the alternate universe story interesting though the exponential increase in characters unsurprisingly resulted in poorer development for them. Worth a watch if you like the Fate series, though as I mentioned not quite good enough for me to add to my collection.

Those are the anime that I can recall, but there may vary well be more! @Vincentdante, you're our resident Type-moon expert, what are your thoughts on this?

The deed is done @Geriatric hedgehog @Lordhippos

Last edited:
Back