Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Few more finals.
Seems like Funi have fully dropped slips going forward.

View attachment 22877View attachment 22878View attachment 22879
It is kinda looking that way, which is a shame especially for series already going and that have slip covers for the previous series.
Log horizion was probably gonna look weird no matter what they did, but I was hoping they might consider a slip cover so it might have a better chance of not looking out of place next to MVM's Limited edition (but would have probably still looked off)
My Hero Academia would have been nice, I know they did them for S2 & S3 and various parts (Not sure about season 1).

It's probably because they are so bad at copy and pasting and still manage to do errors or mis align things (too many to list) on the slip covers.

Since Isekai Quartet didn't get slipcovers I did wonder if they wouldn't do them. I'm not massively bothered by it and certainly not enough to import the US ones over the UK ones, but in some cases the art used seems worse than the regular cover art (as these seem to be the ones used on the case vs the slipcover).

It is kinda looking that way, which is a shame especially for series already going and that have slip covers for the previous series.
Log horizion was probably gonna look weird no matter what they did, but I was hoping they might consider a slip cover so it might have a better chance of not looking out of place next to MVM's Limited edition (but would have probably still looked off)
My Hero Academia would have been nice, I know they did them for S2 & S3 and various parts (Not sure about season 1).

It's probably because they are so bad at copy and pasting and still manage to do errors or mis align things (too many to list) on the slip covers.
Yeah I do hope they do one for MHA s4 to match the first 3.
It's a good and a bad thing for me as I prefer them with the slips as they look more uniform but if they get rid of them entirely I won't rush to get the 1st edition so I'll save money in the long run as I'll just wait until the series I want is on sale.

Funi going the Manga route of not quite understanding physical media is for collectors now and bare bones releases just won't cut it in the long run.
Just look how sought after 1st edition Arrow, Eureka, and 88 films releases are 🤷‍♂️

Hey, SAO Alicization Part 1 Blu-ray uses that same image as the poster I just got for it a couple weeks ago... 🙂

saounderworldb2.jpg

Last edited:
The two latest Studio Ghibli CE's were also released at the beginning of this week (but I have nowhere to host images) - they are Spirited Away and Only Yesterday, both available via Amazon UK.

is funi really that lazy that they can't be bothered to provide packshots? i've noticed this a lot recently especially on amazon and blu-ray.com listings

I thought I had pre-ordered the two latest Ghibli CE but evidently I didn't, now they're both listed as Out Of Stock, so I have to wait for a restock, if it ever comes. So pissed I missed the pre-order.

Back