Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Why part sets for your lie in April?
Aniplex I assume
Doc, you have more than likely hit the nail on the head on that one. Aniplex of America has yet to release a complete collection of Your Lie in April (their part sets are currently still in print, as of this post), and because of that, Anime Limited had to do part sets under Aniplex rules (although I'm surprised that MVM got away with releasing The Asterisk War on Blu-ray in 2 parts instead of 4).

Doc, you have more than likely hit the nail on the head on that one. Aniplex of America has yet to release a complete collection of Your Lie in April (their part sets are currently still in print, as of this post), and because of that, Anime Limited had to do part sets under Aniplex rules (although I'm surprised that MVM got away with releasing The Asterisk War on Blu-ray in 2 parts instead of 4).
There's that, as well as the fact that a complete series Blu-ray Box set is going to be released in Japan this April Fools Day, so it's too early to consider a complete collection over here (the US should be able to sort one out by Autumn 2020/Winter 2021).

There's that, as well as the fact that a complete series Blu-ray Box set is going to be released in Japan this April Fools Day, so it's too early to consider a complete collection over here (the US should be able to sort one out by Autumn 2020/Winter 2021).
And we'll get the two single standards in a sexy new box. I think I've cracked the AL code.... 😂 still waiting on that Re:Zero one 😉

One Piece Stampede steelbook - June 8

tBvtKFF.jpg

huk7kWP.jpg

2j8YvoY.jpg

SOIf4eY.jpg

Manga UK will clone that, as always?

yes. I think when they clone LEs though the amaray cover will be the same as the standard edition rather than use the art on the US LE amaray, but the box/extras are usually cloned

Would it be that difficult to put the LE cover as the reversible cover for the SE?

They effectively print the SE and LE at the same time, and just use the SE stock to fill in the LE. I highly doubt they'll go through the extra approvals process to just include the LE art on the SE

I imagine in the US the LE gets its own dedicated printrun of discs. I imagine this probably boils down to production run size, and MangaUK trying to save money by doing 1 large print run for both rather than 2 smaller print runs.

Back