Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

I assume it's something to do with contractual obligations. But I do prefer the clean spines rather than the branded ones.

I would prefer they stick to one choice. The constant changing between the two is what’s annoying me.
Like GGO has the spine and ballroom doesn’t

I imagine they did it for GGO so it would match up with SAO II for people who like to have the spines of the sets be on display instead of the storage box

Theres are always Blue. Manga goes for the weird colours that I cant say look better
Not always. Funi's release of Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Parts 1 and 2 have a pink border, whilst Yamato 2199 and 2202 (I associate the name "Star Blazers" with the US adaptation of the 70s anime) and both seasons of Bungo Stray Dogs have a black border.

EDIT: Funi's releases of The Ancient Magus' Bride and Overlord II each has the same respective colour border as Manga's releases.

Arrietty steelbook

12095803-1284666543288119.jpg

12095803-1934666543227078.jpg

Those Ghibli steelbooks look... empty, in a very silver way. My one and only Nausicaa Ghibli steelbook's artwork blends in far more attractively.

They did stick to the clean spines pretty much exclusively for a couple of years, not sure why they've suddenly decided to resurrect the old ones.

Luckily im not especially interested in Castlevania or Kokkoku (GGO is fine since its in a box and matches season 2) just hope it doesnt become a trend going forward.

Anime Limited unwittingly managed to screw me over with this odd decision to revert back to logo-spines. VHD: Bloodlust looks vampirically sexy with its blood-red text, on an all black spine. I expected the same to be the case with Castlevania, and.... yeah-no.

Luckily, I already imported Kokkoku so I did not suffer a similar fate twice. Not-so-luckily, I've yet to resume watching it and doubt I will before the UK release. Such is the suffering that comes with purchasing anime whimsically when one cannot be arsed to watch it nowadays~

Back