Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

How did I not know that RahXephon was getting a Blu-ray release? Even Google brought up nothing. I ended up going to Sentai's website for confirmation that it exists.

It's a beautiful Steelbook but... $130 retail. I'm pinning my hopes on MVM for a more sanely priced UK release.I
That's just the MSRP price, nobody sells it at that price, not even Sentai themselves. It's $89.99 on Sentai's site and $84.49 at Rightstuf, for the regular retail/street price, so eventually a sale will get it down under $60, and that's when I bite on the Sentai steels. Their Clannad steelbook has an MSRP of $149 and the Made In Abyss Movies steel is $129.99, and I picked both of those up for under $60 each. Titles with an MSRP of $99.99, like Assassin's Pride, No game No Life, Beyond the Boundary, Monster Musume, Ef, and Elfin Lied will drop to around $40-$45 during sales not too long after release.

Definitely getting the Rahxephon steelbook, once it hits a good sale.

You're in the US though, right? For those of us in the UK, shipping and VAT will push the price close to retail. Even if there's a 50% discount, I don't think Sentai ship directly outside of NA and Right Stuf's shipping costs are 😱

Oh, and there's Amazon if you don't mind your lovely steelbook turning up looking as though it's been hit a few times with a hammer.

That's why I'll be hoping for a UK release, if not from MVM then perhaps AL.

Legit surprised it's getting a blu-ray and a steelbook no less. It felt like yesterday that Funimation dropped it for being too cultured.
Well, Rightstuf is doing this release themselves through their Critical Mass adult label, since it's going to be totally uncensored. They had announced this was coming last fall. They didn't mention anything about a steelbook though, so that's a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Back