Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Dang, If it included English subs I would have definitely considered it. Oh well. I haven't bought anything from Korea in quite awhile. The last Korean anime I bought was the Ghost in the Shell 2.0 lenticular box set, to mate with the KR lenticular SAC and 2nd Gig Box sets in my collection.

3gitslenkr.jpg

OK. I did a Google search, even using the image and couldn't find anything. So took a guess. Seems an awful waste of plastic to only have 2 episodes a disc!
Granted, the Japanese single releases aren't any diffrent in terms of 2 episode per disc.
The Korean Hyouka also comes with 11 bds + 1 special DVD + 1 OVA DVD for a 22+1 ova episodes show. (But they were stored in 3 three face digipack volumes instead of 7 2-face digipacks.) But Hyouka also comes with two big books. Perhaps they just wanted to bump up the size? The outer box looks kinda templated to me.

RahXephon - Blu-Ray Collector's Edition
French-speaking Europe - DYBEX
rahxephonBD.png
Product listing

• A4 storage box
• 4 Blu-Ray, 7 DVD - Audio: JP, FR - Subs: Dutch, French
• 64 pages booklet (A4 sized)
• 36 pages artbook (A4 sized)

Yū Yū Hakusho - 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray)
French-speaking Europe - DYBEX
yuyu25th.png
Product listing

• A4 storage box
• 2 Digipaks for a total of 12 blu-rays containing the 112 episodes (Audio: JP, FR - Subs: FR)
• 78 pages Artbook (A4 sized)
• 4 "old-gold"-finish pieces.

Oh, why of all the many illustrations this series has it had to be one of the mecha-focused ones on the outer box. And then even one with such a depressing mood. ;_;
(The reason I ditched my UK DVD box to replace it with the French one, was mainly because at the time I didn't like the UK mecha-cover...)

But cool, they got access to the JP Box illustrations!
81sqlUrr3VL._AC_SL1470_.jpg
81IZ8ty5xRL._AC_SL1483_.jpg

914SMj7WERL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
But is it just my eyes, or are they using the boxart of the JP box, but only the backside and the spine of it, leaving the front out?
While I'm glad they are using the artwork at all, it does strike a bit weird, as Haruka's dress part is still on it. (Or perhaps I'm just a sour the the most pretty part of it is left out. T_T)
Hopefully it's at least in the artbook in full. (As Rahxephon is one of the rarer titles that have seperate artbook releases, which I already have. So those two images are definitely the most interesting ones for me and the German box doesn't look like it'll include it.)

But at any rate, my A4 Steins;Gate will finally get some company~

Is there already a date out there?

Was looking to buy the Japanese set of RahXephon for ages. , but since the French Edition has Dutch subs (no idea about the translation quuality of these bus) i’ll probably go for that edition.

Back