The Vision of Escaflowne: Part 1
Format: Blu-ray and DVD Combo Pack
Release Date: 18th October 2016

jqlRS45h.jpg

The Vision of Escaflowne: Part 2
Format: Blu-ray and DVD Combo Pack

xcE7u0kh.jpg

The Vision of Escaflowne: Complete Series & Movie (Collector's Edition)
Format: Blu-ray

MAZSXBeh.jpg

Utw2jNAh.jpg

nBXVUIAh.jpg

w1O488Ch.jpg

0oa8IZ2h.jpg

ldI28yVh.jpg

More announcements from Anime Expo! At their panel, Sunrise, the creators of Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass, helped us to reveal the cover art and official home video release date for The Vision of Escaflowne, the classic mecha fantasy anime, for its 20th anniversary.

The Escaflowne TV series collector’s edition, standard editions, and movie will all hit shelves on October 18, 2016! All releases with have both the new 2016 English dub and the original broadcast English dub, as well as Japanese audio. You’ll be able to pre-order on July 15.

As you may recall from our Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, the series is set for a home video release this fall that features brand new HD materials of the series, plus several new director’s cut scenes never before seen in North America, from the Japanese Blu-ray release. Because the new scenes have never been dubbed in English, we had the rather unprecedented idea of using Kickstarter to ask you, the fans, if there was an interest in a new dub to match the complete materials. With the success of the Kickstarter, the new release will have the new 2016 English dub set to the director’s cut HD materials. In addition, we have upgraded all of the sets to include the original dub set to broadcast materials as well.

The collector’s edition features both the complete series plus the movie, a 40 page hardcover artbook that includes artwork from original releases as well as gorgeous brand new watercolor and painterly illustration from character designer Nobuteru Yuki, a replica of Hitomi’s pendant, and a beautiful chipboard box that also features an illustration from the character designer. You’ll notice that with this release, the “front” of the box is actually the back, mirroring the exact way this wonderful piece of art was used on the original Japanese release, for maximum authenticity.

The Vision of Escaflowne also features several on-disc extras, including the Club Escaflowne series of features with the original creators and Japanese voice actors! More details on the full list of extras will be available soon.

Standard edition Blu-ray/DVD combo packs are also available for Parts 1 and 2 of the TV series, as well as the movie.

[US] Rightstuf/Sunrise

Gundam Reconguista in G: Complete Collection
Release Date: 4th October 2016

742617166624_anime-gundam-reconguista-in-g-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Retail Price: $74.99
Your Price: $48.75
Prebook Date: 6th September 2016

Gundam Reconguista in G contains episodes 1-26.

The new era begins!

The turbulent era known as the Universal Century has ended. Now, mankind looks towards prosperity and peace in the new era known as the Regild Century (R.C.). One of the most important resources in this era is the Capital Tower - a space elevator which towers over the land connecting Earth to space. Its purpose, to transport the Photon Batteries the Earth relies on for power. It is worshiped as a holy place.

Tasked with protecting the tower, one day on a practice mission, young Capital Guard cadet, Bellri Zenam is attacked by a high-performance G-Self Mobile Suit. Despite having never before encountered the G-Self, he feels a strange connection to it and its pilot, a space pirate called Aida Surugan.

Little does Bellri know that he is about to uncover truths which will shake the entire Regild Century.

Special Features: Clean Openings, Clean Closings.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Collection 1
Format: Blu-ray and DVD (separately)

742617167225_anime-mobile-suit-v-gundam-collection-1-blu-ray-primary.jpg

742617166822_anime-mobile-suit-v-gundam-collection-1-dvd-primary.jpg

Retail Price: $74.99 ($59.99 for DVD)
Your Price: $48.75 ($38.99 for DVD)
Prebook Date: 6th September 2016

Mobile Suit V Gundam Collection 1 contains episodes 1-26.

After causing terrible pollution on Earth, humanity began to colonize space. In the current era, mankind has become fully adapted to life beyond its home planet. But just as on the surface of the Earth, humanity has begun to relive its history of war out in space...

It is the Universal Century, year 153. The Zanscare Empire, which rules almost all of Side 2, has declared its independence from the old government, the hollow and corrupt Earth Federation. Under the justification of creating a new, space-based order, it has begun an invasion of Earth; and Point Kasarelia, the illegal residence area in Eastern Europe where Üso Ewin and Shahkti Kareen live, is no exception. As they are caught in the fighting between Zanscare and the opposing resistance organization, the League Militaire, fate draws Üso and his friends into the midst of battle.

Üso wants with all his heart to protect those around him, so he becomes the pilot of the Victory Gundam. He's about to experience firsthand the absurd reality known as war...

Special Features: Clean Opening 1, Clean Closing 1, End of Episode Promos, Eyecatch Animation.

[US] Rightstuf/Sunrise

A Town Where You Live: Complete Collection
742617168628_anime-a-town-where-you-live-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Retail Price: $59.99
Your Price: $38.99
Audio: Japanese [w/English subtitles]

A Town Where You Live contains episodes 1-12.

How far would you go for true love?

All his friends said he was just being "stupid" and "delusional," but Haruto just couldn't give up on her... Yuzuki, the girl that showed up on his doorstep one day, stole his heart the next, and then left just as abruptly as she arrived. With the faint hope of rekindling the romance they'd shared, Haruto decides to pursue her, moving away from the rural outskirts of Hiroshima to the big city of Tokyo.

However, soon after arriving, he learns that Yuzuki has seemingly moved on and has a new boyfriend. No matter how hard Haruto tries, she refuses to see him and won't tell him the reason why she left him. He could move on, as many have urged him to, but is that truly what Yuzuki wants? He could try winning her back - after all, he's already moved to the town where she lives - but how much farther will he need to go?

Special Features: Clean Opening, Clean Closing, TV Spots, and Promotional Videos.

[US] Maiden Japan

Clamp School Detectives: Complete Collection
Format: DVD
Release Date: 13th September 2016

814131015891_anime-clamp-school-detectives-dvd-primary.jpg

814131015891_anime-clamp-school-detectives-dvd-altA.jpg

814131015891_anime-clamp-school-detectives-dvd-back.jpg

[US] Sentai Filmworks

CROSS ANGE - Rondo of Angel and Dragon: Collection 2
Release Date: 23rd August 2016

814131014894_anime-cross-ange-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131014894_anime-cross-ange-2-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131014894_anime-cross-ange-2-blu-ray-back.jpg

814131010391_anime-cross-ange-2-dvd-primary.jpg

814131010391_anime-cross-ange-2-dvd-altA.jpg

814131010391_anime-cross-ange-2-dvd-back.jpg

Hakuoki ~Demon of the Fleeting Blossom~ Movie 2: Warrior Spirit of the Blue Sky
Release Date: 23rd August 2016

814131016980_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131016980_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131016980_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-blu-ray-back.jpg

814131012586_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-dvd-primary.jpg

814131012586_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-dvd-altA.jpg

814131012586_anime-hakuoki-movie-2-dvd-back.jpg

Hanaukyo Maid Team - La Verite: Complete Collection
Format: DVD
Release Date: 6th September 2016

814131011398_anime-hanaukyo-maid-team-la-verite-dvd-primary.jpg

814131011398_anime-hanaukyo-maid-team-la-verite-dvd-altA.jpg

814131011398_anime-hanaukyo-maid-team-la-verite-dvd-back.jpg

PUNCH LINE: Complete Collection [Semi-NSFW]
Release Date: 16th August 2016

814131015396_anime-punch-line-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131015396_anime-punch-line-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131015396_anime-punch-line-blu-ray-back.jpg

814131010995_anime-punch-line-dvd-primary.jpg

814131010995_anime-punch-line-dvd-altA.jpg

814131010995_anime-punch-line-dvd-back.jpg

Rin-ne: Collection 2
Release Date: 6th September 2016

814131013194_anime-rin-ne-2-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131013194_anime-rin-ne-2-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131013194_anime-rin-ne-2-blu-ray-back.jpg

814131018786_anime-rin-ne-2-dvd-primary.jpg

814131018786_anime-rin-ne-2-dvd-altA.jpg

814131018786_anime-rin-ne-2-dvd-back.jpg

Sakura Trick: Complete Collection
Release Date: 13th September 2016

814131013392_anime-sakura-trick-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131013392_anime-sakura-trick-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131013392_anime-sakura-trick-blu-ray-back.jpg

TRINITY SEVEN: Complete Collection [Semi-NSFW]
Release Date: 16th August 2016

814131015686_anime-trinity-seven-blu-ray-primary.jpg

814131015686_anime-trinity-seven-blu-ray-altA.jpg

814131015686_anime-trinity-seven-blu-ray-back.jpg

814131011183_anime-trinity-seven-dvd-primary.jpg

814131011183_anime-trinity-seven-dvd-altA.jpg

814131011183_anime-trinity-seven-dvd-back.jpg

Escaflowne in two parts provokes my ire. I'm not a fan of older shows that previously saw a Western release getting split across multiple sets.

Paradoxically, is that Gundam G-Reco all in one box? I remember Anime Limited having to clarify details of the UK release as being a two parter. If it's actually coming to Blu Ray in one box Stateside, that could be an interesting development.

HdE said:
Paradoxically, is that Gundam G-Reco all in one box? I remember Anime Limited having to clarify details of the UK release as being a two parter. If it's actually coming to Blu Ray in one box Stateside, that could be an interesting development.

Yes, all Gundam shows are being released in 2-cour sets over in the states (I presume Iron-Blooded Orphans will be the same). In other words all episodes of Gundam Reconguista will be together in one set. It's a good thing Anime Limited waited heh.

It's worth noting it's Blu-ray only also in the states, despite being Japanese with English subtitles.

NormanicGrav said:
HdE said:

Yes, all Gundam shows are being released in 2-cour sets over in the states (I presume Iron-Blooded Orphans will be the same). In other words all episodes of Gundam Reconguista will be together in one set. It's a good thing Anime Limited waited heh.

It's worth noting it's Blu-ray only also in the states, despite being Japanese with English subtitles.
Well, if it doesn't get a dvd release over here anyone who wants it can import the already released Madman dvd sets for G Reco.

Part 1
159760-L-HI.jpg

Part 2
164869-L-HI.jpg

thedoctor2016 said:
It is weird they got to release it so early compared to the rest of the west.
Not really. Madman author their own discs and had all the assets, its not like they were waiting on a dub. The Anime Limited release was originally due late last year iirc for which it was delayed to split the authoring costs with Nozomi and to not overload the UK market with Gundam releases.

NormanicGrav said:
HdE said:

Ours is a complete set actually as well :). We're doing the authoring on this one too ;).

DVD isn't possible as the licensor requires PAL DVDs on it, which we're unwilling to do due to the quality difference vs NTSC and cost (as well as all our Gundam releases are BD only in the UK).

AP

anime_andrew said:
Ours is a complete set actually as well :). We're doing the authoring on this one too ;).

DVD isn't possible as the licensor requires PAL DVDs on it, which we're unwilling to do due to the quality difference vs NTSC and cost (as well as all our Gundam releases are BD only in the UK).

Thanks for clearing that up, Andrew!

I applaud that stance on DVDs. It's interesting to see the 'all UK Gundams on Blu Ray' statement as well, considering some of the details that were disclosed early on in the Sunrise partnership. I take it ZZ being DVD only as previously announced way back can be disregarded?

As for G-Reco, a complete long-form Gundam show in one box is a big deal. I'll be keeping an eye on this one with interest!

HdE said:
anime_andrew said:

Thanks for clearing that up, Andrew!

I applaud that stance on DVDs. It's interesting to see the 'all UK Gundams on Blu Ray' statement as well, considering some of the details that were disclosed early on in the Sunrise partnership. I take it ZZ being DVD only as previously announced way back can be disregarded?

As for G-Reco, a complete long-form Gundam show in one box is a big deal. I'll be keeping an eye on this one with interest!
Well even Nozomi released ZZ on BD deslite stating it would be dvd only.

Wouldn't call G Reco a long form Gundam series seeing as its 2 cour. Most of the main Gundam series are 4 cour

sniper_samurai said:
Well even Nozomi released ZZ on BD deslite stating it would be dvd only.

Wouldn't call G Reco a long form Gundam series seeing as its 2 cour. Most of the main Gundam series are 4 cour

Yeah - seeing ZZ crop up in Nozomi's BD listings was a surprise when that happened as well, if I recall correctly. Glad to see it happen, at any rate!

(Also, I tend to apply the terms 'full length' and 'long form', or some variant thereof to anything longer than 12 episodes. Just my particular foible. It does tend to confuse some folks!)

black1blade said:
Guys I would recommend that you don't worry too much about ZZ, especially if you end up respecting zeta.
ZZ gets a lot of stick from people, but is not a terrible series. The early change in tone and attempts at humour put quite a few people off, especially due to the massive change from the end of Zeta. Despite the weak start ZZ can get pretty dark towards the end and actually finishes on a pretty strong note.

I mean there was a couple few episode stretches in the second half that were good but urg you would have to pay me to watch it again. I mean haman is cool but I thought she was cooler in zeta. The thing about her lusting after a 14 year old was a bit weird...

Eh. No disrespect, but you can throw a rock in the air and hit an opinion of any given Gundam show.

Back