Unwieldy anime titles and the term 'another world'

I think Google Translate may be confused. Tales of Wedding Rings is a perfectly accurate title - it's just that Lord of the Wedding Rings would be closer to the original gag.

R
I think because I used the Romanji. I copied the Hiragana from the result of that translation and feed that back into it and it came up with Wedding Ring Story and then asked me if I meant to write the Kanji version!

Isekai in itsel isn't bad though. You know, Digimon was Isekai. Fushigi Yuugi and Escaflowne, which are considered classics (though I didn't like them.) Technically even Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z and Mawaru Penguindrum have Isekai pieces in there.
Well I mean technically, if we're going to apply the term retroactively you could even include The Chronicles of Narnia (though perhaps it would be called "Another World in my Wardrobe!?" if it was written today). I feel like it's mainly used specifically to describe the recent trend/glut of shows with very similar premises. At least that's the meaning I took from Rui's use of the term. But I agree there's nothing inherently wrong with the concept of "other worlds" in fiction.

I just watched a YouTube video about a new strand of Isekai in which the protagonist is a female who is reincarnated in an Otome Game as the villainess who tries to get between the heroine and the guys she's trying to date.
One of the first to get an anime adaptation is: I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags…

It would be like if say, Lord of the Rings was called "That Time I Had to Destroy the Ring of Power Before the Dark Lord Conquered the World"
See if you can identify these classic anime from their new modern-day titles:

"My Dad Told Me to Pilot the Robot, and Now I've Caused the Apocalypse"
Evangelion

"Daily Lives of Retro Jazz Bounty Hunters in Space"
Cowboy Bebop

"My Classmate Committed Suicide and Got Reincarnated Inside Another World That's Like the Internet Before the Internet Became the Internet"
Serial Experiments Lain

"Iya~n! ★ Those Tentacles Tickle!!"
Urotsukidouji: Legend of the Overfiend

"Entropy Battle of Depression Magical Girl"
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

"Now I'm a Cyborg! Who Was I Before? Was I Myself? Did I Exist?!"
Ghost in the Shell

EDIT: NEW ADDITION

"Fight!!~ 😘"
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Last edited:
Aren't those titles a bit too descriptive? At least among those I read the title never was actually spoiling the plot all that much. It either was just representing a piece of character motivation or theme or joke or refer slightly to the premise at best.

Aren't those titles a bit too descriptive? At least among those I read the title never was actually spoiling the plot all that much. It either was just representing a piece of character motivation or theme or joke or refer slightly to the premise at best.
I mean, have you heard of I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse? I'm not sure if @Neil.T was aware of it, but if he wasn't his first title was scarily similar :p

Although to be fair, that light novel never actually got an anime.

I mean, have you heard of I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse? I'm not sure if @Neil.T was aware of it, but if he wasn't his first title was scarily similar :p
You called it totally spot-on, Arveene. 😉
I based some of those titles on the names of already existing anime.

You called it totally spot-on, Arveene. 😉
I based some of those titles on the names of already existing anime.
The last I knew it was you actually walking into town instead of cadging a lift that sparked the apocalypse but...there we go! 🙃

Although to be fair, that light novel never actually got an anime.
No I didn't. But going by the plot summary this sounds a bit like DNA^2, just the there it was not so much jealousy, but overpopulation.

Back