• kurau phantom memory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • scrapped princess

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilrules666

Combat Butler
There is a lot of anime out there and not all of the good stuff gets props. So i was wondering out of these 10 anime which ones you would consider a underated gem. Also please tell us why you have picked it.

Sounds of the sky is my fav I think it should be looked over again cause it is a good series. I think leaving it with just English sub was a good move cause I don't think anyone could do any of the cheacters in that series it's better with just the subs unless they do it right

Unfortunately no Skip Beat in your poll :p

The manga is highly successful and the anime version does a good adaption of it. Im hoping that someday somebody decides to finally license it.

Sound.Of.The.Sky.

Without a doubt. The only thing I have ever given a 10/10 to. It's perfection - all it lacks is a BD release.

I don't know about under-rated, but certainly underexposed is SutePri/Scrapped Princess. I don't really know why, either, since a lot of fantasy shows have been popular in the past.

I've seen like, one episode of Hell Girl. First two seasons are sitting there on my shelf (lol, ok, in the pile that I wish was on shelves), scaring me.

Scrapped Princess seemed to have a lot of good buzz when it was coming out and then everyone deserted it. I loved it too, awesome show. And more people need to watch Hell Girl. For all of their mistakes and cheapness, Sentai rescuing it from Funimation's abandonment was one of the coolest things which ever happened in the R1 anime industry.

I am a bit of a Hell Girl fangirl :s

R

Voted for Scrapped Princess.

The other contenders that I have seen on the list are,

Beck
Kaleido Star
Sound of the Sky
Gokusen

Of those I think Sound of the Sky is last as it has been released over here while the others that I have seen didn't get a UK release (if memory services me correct Beck only got a partial release).

I have a soft spot for Kaleido Star. Soemthing about it was just great, but I really can't put my finger on what.

Just ordered Sound of the Sky recently and I'm sure I'm going to love that series too.

Despite my love for music and anime, I just didn't love Beck like everyone else seems to. It's a good series, but it annoyed/bored me at times and I didn't feel it was particularly special.

I've got Scrapped Princess and Kurau sat on the shelf (been there for about 3 years) and no real desire to watch either for some reason.

Other anime I think is underrated:
Noein, Simoun, Nana (well, if Beck counts), Michiko to Hatchin,
Ef (glad to see those series finally getting a western release), Toward The Terra, Figure 17, Fantastic Children... I coudl probably go on for ages but I should probably ghet back to working :(

Sir i'm disappoint:

Kino's Journey
Never hear anyone talk about this anime which is a real shame as when ADV went belly-up most of their series seem to have just sat by the wayside, chances of another company re-releasing it are low so people will be missing out.

Coyote Ragtime Show
Same again, ADV went and another series that people wouldn't normally go looking for because its not mainstream enough but with action packed storyline that had me thinking "this gives me the same vibe Cowboy bebop did" completely different ending to any other anime i've seen (note to those who've seen the series: i don't watch starship operators but i believe they are puppets too)

Burst angels
Those who do talk about it focus mainly on the ecchi side of it, i actually liked the series for the female main characters instead of the typical ichogo/naruto/male main characters, there's mecha and action along with hints of magic - crossing over from high school to gunfights on trains and high speed chases. Still never actually seen by the general anime fans but still treated as nothing more than a fan service anime.

Devil May Cry
Yes it seems episodical to start with and to some thats a major turn off, some like the monster of the week style but the main point im making is - people tend to watch the first episode and maybe the second then give up on it.... i had to urge voddas to continue with it, because by the end you get to see the running theme that each show brought to the table and its actually a decent story byt the very end

Jyu-oh-sei
This one was a wild card that i picked up in HMV for something like £5, i watched it and couldn't put it down until the very end, 13episode series iirc and able to marathon within a day. The storyline is brilliant and the contrast to the beginning and the end is collosal, i truly find it a shame when these series are glazed over and people miss out on some great anime.

Of those, I have seen Beck, Sound of the Sky, and Kurau. I don't think any are underrated, certainly not by me, and not from what I read on forums by the fan community. People love Beck, people love Sora no Woto. As for Kurau, that's probably a little overrated, at least it was by ADV when they paid for it.

Now one title I think is underrated is Otogi Zoshi. At least at times I feel like I'm the only person who even knows it exists, let alone likes it.

Back