Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
Higurashi spin off....meh i'll give it a wack.

If there was thing worth noting changing with Studio deen was Rena's hair style, anything else was minimal and hardly worth remembering, but then i think that all goes in a better favour to character design exact to the VN x3

RetroRainbow said:
p.png
...I heard that Umineko surpasses Higurashi by a long run,...

I'm interested now. Will try to get this ASAP.

Otaku-san said:
Higurashi spin off....meh i'll give it a wack.

If there was thing worth noting changing with Studio deen was Rena's hair style, anything else was minimal and hardly worth remembering, but then i think that all goes in a better favour to character design exact to the VN x3

It's not a spin off as such though, there's links and name dropping i think but its wholly it's own thing..and i completely forgot about it till now

*wishes for internet connection to be restored as soon as*

I'm really looking forward to seeing this, though I'm waiting for subbed DVDs (backlogged anyway). The last two times I went to Japan the games were being heavily promoted - that's an extreme understatement - and the beautiful theme music playing in most of the otaku-orientated shops drew me in effortlessly. I hope some people will post spoiler-free impressions of how the adaptation goes when a reasonable chunk has been released. Otherwise I may dip into the games one day...

R

Darn you and your spoilers Retro, i'll try to resist though. I watched Episode three earlier this evening. Really enjoying it and i agree with what you said about the first episode, seemed very slow with little going on. Yet you say that's half the first game?

Now if i can only find a full version of the opening song.

Oh are the games worth looking into?

This is looking very interesting, but I'm committed to backlog clearing operations before I start. Thanks for all this information though Retro. I'm seriously considering playing the games, which I might not have bothered with otherwise.

Just one question... We know that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is "When Cicadas Cry" So Umineko no Naku Koro ni translates as what, "When SeaCat Cries?" (presumably when they went bankrupt)

ayase said:
This is looking very interesting, but I'm committed to backlog clearing operations before I start. Thanks for all this information though Retro. I'm seriously considering playing the games, which I might not have bothered with otherwise.

Just one question... We know that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is "When Cicadas Cry" So Umineko no Naku Koro ni translates as what, "When SeaCat Cries?" (presumably when they went bankrupt)

Actually i've seen Translations that say When the Seagulls Cry...Admittedly i thought sea cat due to my somewhat limited knowlege of the language (umi = sea, neko = cat) seems that putting 1+1 together in this case produces something other then two :p

Thanks for the advice Retro :) i'll try and get the games to have a play.

Alright well the threads a little old but it's better than making a new thread, what do you make of the anime so far i would also like an opinion from someone that hasn't played the games.

I do plan to read the VNs, but I think most people on here and on AoD have enjoyed the series. There are some odd spots where you can tell they were struggling with the transition to anime, but I think it's been entertaining pretty much throughout.

Back