UK exclusive tin for Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UKAnime.com are reporting that Manga UK are planning a Play.com UK exclusive Collector's Tin for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG.

The tin, which will be sold with Volume 7 and able to house all seven 2nd GIG DVDs (including slip covers), will also come with a UK exclusive t-shirt designed by Laughing Man logo artist Terratag and a cute Tachikoma toy. You can see a snapshot of the full package by following this link to UKAnime.com, or head on over to Play.com and get your pre-order done and dusted.

This looks like a fantastic set. The t-shirt is actually in good taste for a change (i.e. it's not just some pixelated anime jpg stretched across the front/back) and the box design is very attractive. Excellent, and a UK exclusive to boot!

I've always been reluctant to buy into supposdly 'special' offers but you're right - this time it really does look special! Terratag have really excelled themselves there and I've always had a soft spot for the delightful little tachikomas anyway...

I'm going to hold off buying this until I see what the US 2nd Gig Packaging will be like. That does look real nice though.

Well, this is probably one of the main reasons I've been trying to buy the seperate volumes (when they've gone down in price) instead of waiting for the full series boxset they're probably going to release.

I'm so glad that this should actually fit EVERYTHING in this time, slipcovers included.

Whilst I couldn't care less about the t-shirt and am not a big enough fan of SAC to particularly want a tin or even to spend a great deal of money on the series overall, the Tachikoma changes everything. Admittedly it's not the full sized version I had envisioned for driving to the shops in, but even a palm sized one is awfully tempting...

Well of course this is excellent news. I still need to get my hands on the first tin though -.-

I hold no hope for play.com so i don't know where to buy this one from either...

DaNiMé said:
Well of course this is excellent news. I still need to get my hands on the first tin though -.-

I hold no hope for play.com so i don't know where to buy this one from either...

Best option I can see for the 1st Gig tin is import:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007WQGY0/202-5697368-4209458?v=glance&n=283926

The 2nd Gig Tin is also a play.com exclusive in the UK. I'm not sure you'd be able to get it elsewhere except for possibly ebay after release (or else buy the US tin, assuming it's the same, or at least has everything you want).

Any particular reason why you're not keen on play.com?

Great news, ordered it now! All I need to do now is buy the rest of the series... maybe when they are on a 3 for 20 pounds offer at HMV...

subedii said:
Any particular reason why you're not keen on play.com?

Thanks for the link, i had seen it on Amazon before but i didn't know if it was the same as the UK release.. it certainly looks the same anyway.

I not so keen on play.com for anything they do other than single dvd's, because virtually everything i have ever ordered from them has come dented or damaged in some way...

In the case of the first GIG tin which was meant to be a Christmas present, it came dented on one side really badly look they had smashed a metal box onto the top side of the tin... then we sent it back and got another one, which came and i guessed it was the next one on the row because this time it was the same kind of dent but on the other side... Then the tins went out of stock -.-

the Ikki Tousen artbox came damaged twice... first the disk was totally unreadable, then the box looked like someone had cut through the top of it with scissors, then luckily the 3rd time i came ok.

On both Escaflowne boxes, the corners are bashed.. can't be bothered to send anything back anymore.

I'm really dissapointed in play.com, but what can you do when it's a play.com exclusive... I would rather pay for postage than have everything always damaged...

Lol i hope that's the last time i will have to tell that story.

^ Ouch. I can see why you're upset. :lol:

Well the Region 1 Tin is exactly the same as the one we got, only without the BBFC sticker, and obviously Volume 7 is Region 1 (but I'm guessing you've already got that so it shouldn't make any difference).

That Man said:
Just noticed that they have the whole collection up on play.com aswell with the limited edition tin... just none of the other goodies. Its going for £79.99 not to bad :)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1106759/ ... oduct.html

I saw that too, but if you look further down the page you'll see a picture of the the tin and what it comes with. The problem I have is that this picture not only shows the tin and the DVD but also shows the T-shirt and the Tachikoma toy :?: :shock:. So now I'm cofused as to weather it comes with the shirt and toy or not, because if it does then the other, cheaper tin is completely pointless (unless you already have the other DVD's, and then it would make perfect sense).

So could someone please tell me what's going on, because I saw the first series of GitS: SAC and really enjoyed it but I haven't got round to buying the second series, so if the expensive tin comes with the extra stuff I'll buy that but if it doesn't then I don't what to do. So please tell me if it does or does not come with the extra stuff. Thanks for your help.

Manga Ent. and Play.com are just perfect, we're getting all the tins and boxsets and play.com is putting them together for a reasonable price.

By the way, where is this picture of the boxset you found, because I dont see one.

I've preordered "mine" (though I say "mine", it won't be until its paid for and in my possession, and that isn't until the month I was inflicted on to the planet - December). I'm wobbly at the knees (again). :)

Back