Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

If your from South America your region is the same as the USA and Canada.
So your player will play USA titles regardless.
The only restriction is if your player was manufactured in Japan, these players will prevent playing due to the Geo-locked method to stop reverse importing to Japan.
The only way to truly know if your player is Geo-locked already is to pick up a title that has already been confirmed and test it on your player.

Also if your USA player language settings are set to Japan this will also prevent you from watching titles, but changing them to USA will we fine.
Also getting a PS3 will be alot cheaper than getting a ps4.
If your thinking about importing outside the USA like the UK you will need a region free player as we are a completely different region.
I have a confirmed sentai geolocked title, But I couldn't test it because my player is dead.
I'm planning to buy a player, and I took a look at this one on amazon.
Do you think that being sony will give me a problem? (I did not find information on where it was manufactured).
Or maybe it is advisable to buy one in my country? verifying that it is not made in Japan.
you know more about reproducers than me, could you advise me?
Your anime list helped me a lot and now I know titles from different regions, I really appreciate your help!

Also if you're importing bluray players from US or UK, check your local power supply as South America seems to be one of those places that use 120, 220 and 240v 50~60hz depending on where you are

Best it would work just fine, worst it could explode lol
Jsjsjs, I know bro. We use 220V. Thanks for worrying. 😁

Panasonic and Toshiba Blu-ray players tend to be the ones to avoid.
Unfortunately you won't know until you get one.
If the last player you picked up was from your own country then you shouldn't have any issues.

Panasonic and Toshiba Blu-ray players tend to be the ones to avoid.
Unfortunately you won't know until you get one.
If the last player you picked up was from your own country then you shouldn't have any issues.
After extensive searching locally, I only found the same Sony player from amazon in my country (which is apparently made in Malaysia).
And a LG Model bp -255 that does not have wifi, is cheaper and is made in Indonesia. Is region A (on blu ray) and 1 (on DVD).
I avoided the Panasonic brand (there were many models) and Samsung only had one with very bad reviews.
In your extensive knowledge, what do you think would be a successful purchase?
That is all I need to know. And once again, I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me!

You shouldn't have any issues with blu ray players from your own country.
Personally if your unsure buy from a store and keep a receipt. That way you should be able to return it and make the argument that the player doesn't read all region A releases and they should replace it or refund you.

the alternative is just to pick up a PS3 that you can grab cheap enough now

Last edited:
I'm not from the USA, but it's just a matter of testing.

Thanks bro, I'll keep waiting for your contributions regarding the titles of other regions and of sentai. 👍🏻
Let us know how it goes - If there are any titles you’re unsure about, feel free to ask!

I'm not from the USA, but it's just a matter of testing.

Thanks bro, I'll keep waiting for your contributions regarding the titles of other regions and of sentai. 👍🏻

I know, your from South America which is region A right?

Geo-locking should only be a concern if the blu ray player is manufactured in Japan or the language setting is set to Japanese. Otherwise you should be A-OK

• Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia
  • Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
  • Region C: Asia (except for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia)

Last edited:
Guys, if i read it correctly, if i buy a PS3 (I’m from Hungary, so Region B) will i able to play ALL the Sentai geo-locked blurays, like the New K-On Complete SET? Thank you for in advance :)

October's Australian blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Astra Lost in Space
Black Clover Season 2 Part 5
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 6
Cop Craft
Dragon Ball Super Collection 3
Hunter X Hunter Part 2
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? season 2
Kochoki
Million Arthur
Sword Art Online Alicization Part 2
The Ones Within
Weathering with You

October's UK blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
After The Rain
B The Beginning
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection
Dr. STONE: Part 1
Fairy Gone: Part 2
Fairy Tail Zero
Fairy Tail: Collection 6
Fairy Tail: Collection 7
Fire Force: Season 1, Part 2
Golden Kamuy: Season 1
High School DxD New
ID: INVADED
Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon II
Konosuba: Season 1
Moribito
My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising
My Hero Academia: Season 2
My Hero Academia: Season 4, Part 1
Sword Art Online
Tamako Market + Tamako Love Story
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Turn A Gundam: Part 1
Z/X Code Reunion

Hi, after buying a Blu-ray player (sony bdp-3500) locally, and waiting for my order to arrive from amazon.
I was finally able to test the limited edition School-Live (Sentai) anime on my player, and there was no problem.
DVDs don't play because they are region 1, but it's not really that big of a deal.
I thank all the people who took the time to help me by solving my doubts.
Now I can buy more versions of Sentai without worry. :D
I will be watching your list, thanks for everything @Denny Fisher .

Hi, after buying a Blu-ray player (sony bdp-3500) locally, and waiting for my order to arrive from amazon.
I was finally able to test the limited edition School-Live (Sentai) anime on my player, and there was no problem.
DVDs don't play because they are region 1, but it's not really that big of a deal.
I thank all the people who took the time to help me by solving my doubts.
Now I can buy more versions of Sentai without worry. :D
I will be watching your list, thanks for everything @Denny Fisher .
Check your dvd player model online as most dvd players are region free and there are methods to reset them.

Check your dvd player model online as most dvd players are region free and there are methods to reset them.
I will try some method to free dvd region on my blu ray player.
Although searching I found that Sony is one of the most difficult brands to come by. 😅
Unlike brands like Panasonic, which by changing the software to its Australian version, the region is completely liberated.
In any case, I will keep looking, and if I find any method, I will come and tell.

Last edited:
Finally my Edition of "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou" from sentai has arrived and I can confirm that it is at least geo-locked. It plays fine on my european PS3. It's the new release from the 25th of August on 3 Discs with the english dub.

Back