UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

We have lift off ladies and gentlemen! I've finally recieved a tracking update for my Cardcaptor Sakura lightning deal order. It was shipped on the 8th Dec and the RM tracking was stuck on "we're expecting it" until just a moment ago.

I thought they had lost it or something, but thankfully not. I was getting worried if they had actually lost it because CCS CE is now OOS on alltheanime.

Last edited:
Was just looking at the previous year sale and when they were dispatched and they do seem a bit more behind on the dispatches this year.

My 2022 order and dispatches (dispatch time are basically label created and ready yo pick up, there is only so much they can do)
Ordered 1st Dec 2022 dispatched 2nd (BOGOF stuff)
Ordered 1st Dec 2022 dispatched 7th (main pretty big order with mystery bundle)
Ordered 9th Dec 2022 dispatched 20th (BOGOF stuff)
Ordered 9th Dec 2022 dispatched 9th (CE and standard stuff)
Ordered 13th Dec 2022 dispatched 14th (CE and standard stuff)
Ordered 13th Dec 2022 dispatched 15th (BOGOF stuff)

Compared too only having day 1st-4th orders dispatched this year (2023), but 7th/8th/12th and 13th are the only other order dates i have.

So I can only assume they have had a massive increase in orders this year or they are under staffed in the dispatch department (from previous year I wasn't even sure if it was just the one person doing it all (but that could be my bad memory and miss remembering)), not sure if they hire any temp staff for the christmas period for there 12 days of christmas sale.
The none partial dispatch you would have thought would speed it all up, as they should just go into the dispatch at later date when all in stock.
As well as compared to last year there was much few items that got marked down as more stock coming soon, most seemed to go straight to sold out and just couldn't buy.

This year I think was mentioned in the forum or somewhere they were doing things a bit differnt although not sure what this process was, but I have no idea roughly were there up too this year (as in upto all possible day 1 orders complete or all orders upto day 4 complete), I think previous years there was tweets on which day they were up too.

Not really a complaint on my part just an observation/ comparison, but yeah I suspect this year alot more orders will be arriving after christmas which is a bit of a shame, as the christmas period is usually a good time to watch some of these thing.

Was just looking at the previous year sale and when they were dispatched and they do seem a bit more behind on the dispatches this year.

My 2022 order and dispatches (dispatch time are basically label created and ready yo pick up, there is only so much they can do)
Ordered 1st Dec 2022 dispatched 2nd (BOGOF stuff)
Ordered 1st Dec 2022 dispatched 7th (main pretty big order with mystery bundle)
Ordered 9th Dec 2022 dispatched 20th (BOGOF stuff)
Ordered 9th Dec 2022 dispatched 9th (CE and standard stuff)
Ordered 13th Dec 2022 dispatched 14th (CE and standard stuff)
Ordered 13th Dec 2022 dispatched 15th (BOGOF stuff)

Compared too only having day 1st-4th orders dispatched this year (2023), but 7th/8th/12th and 13th are the only other order dates i have.

So I can only assume they have had a massive increase in orders this year or they are under staffed in the dispatch department (from previous year I wasn't even sure if it was just the one person doing it all (but that could be my bad memory and miss remembering)), not sure if they hire any temp staff for the christmas period for there 12 days of christmas sale.
The none partial dispatch you would have thought would speed it all up, as they should just go into the dispatch at later date when all in stock.
As well as compared to last year there was much few items that got marked down as more stock coming soon, most seemed to go straight to sold out and just couldn't buy.

This year I think was mentioned in the forum or somewhere they were doing things a bit differnt although not sure what this process was, but I have no idea roughly were there up too this year (as in upto all possible day 1 orders complete or all orders upto day 4 complete), I think previous years there was tweets on which day they were up too.

Not really a complaint on my part just an observation/ comparison, but yeah I suspect this year alot more orders will be arriving after christmas which is a bit of a shame, as the christmas period is usually a good time to watch some of these thing.
I know ATA use a distribution company called Limewood Media to ship their orders, which other film companies also use. So it could just be a case of increased demand from their various clients as well as staffing issues, who knows.

Limewood Media's LinkedIN suggests they have between 11 and 50 employees, so not exactly the biggest.

Last edited:
Man, people getting fevered because stuff hasn't shipped a week or so after the sale.

It's clear who wasn't around for the 2019 sale, when a lot of orders weren't shipped until February.
You must have had a 1000-yard stare after that ordeal. I hope you can find the help that you need.

In all seriousness though, poor customer service 4 years ago doesn't justify poor customer service today.

Last edited:
Man, people getting fevered because stuff hasn't shipped a week or so after the sale.

It's clear who wasn't around for the 2019 sale, when a lot of orders weren't shipped until February.
That was when I signed up lol.

EDIT: I checked out that old thread and the last deliveries came in March I saw

Last edited:
Still waiting for Shirobako dispatch like
Sad-Pablo-Escobar.jpg

Wasn't MVM still shipping for them at that point (2019) or was that only for a year or so whilst they changed over too limewood?

And I was around for the 2019 but I do usually expect companies to be improving/ learning and getting better rather than what feels a bit more like a step backwards (and they were using limewood last christmas, although I think they had recently changed too them), but yeah if its all to do with Limewood media doing it all + other responsibilties for other companies then maybe those other compaines also have a fair amount that need shipping.

Received a dispatch for Akame Ga Kill yesterday (due for delivery tomorrow), but still no sign of of my order from 5th December being sent out as yet (nor any sign of Shirobako for those interested).

I ordered Shirobako, Flowers of evil & kids on the slope and given the listed 18th December release date i had hoped they would be here for Christmas but since none have been dispatched i guess I'll be waiting until the new year.

Last edited:
My one and only order from December 9th has still not shipped. Only includes released/in stock items. I guess I was unlucky as usual, and they sold me "El-Hazard: The Alternative World", which was no longer in stock, and they are waiting for more copies. Ehh... Maybe they will send it to me before the next sale. Recently, I only waited 3 months for shipping. I'm already used to receiving a package when I forget about it.

I don’t think it quite counts as a major sale event, but AllTheAnime email states ‘surprise sale’ with 10% off until 5pm 2nd (15% for unlimited).
The site gives the code of GOODBYE23 that appears to be missing from the email. Multiple use?
And there still seems to be a MVM sale section featured, even if the other Xmas sections are now over.

I think I’m curious as to if an order from this will arrive before my Xmas stuff!

I don’t think it quite counts as a major sale event, but AllTheAnime email states ‘surprise sale’ with 10% off until 5pm 2nd (15% for unlimited).
The site gives the code of GOODBYE23 that appears to be missing from the email. Multiple use?
And there still seems to be a MVM sale section featured, even if the other Xmas sections are now over.

I think I’m curious as to if an order from this will arrive before my Xmas stuff!
Ive just made an order for 2 mvm titles
And i still have order awaiting despatch from 5th december

Im guessing they will send the 2 i ordered today before the earlier ones

I’ve grabbed the standard edition junk head blu ray with the 10% off but nothing else

Anything else I can think of that intrigues me is funnily enough all from MVM and is all cheaper elsewhere

Back