UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

For me Belle is his best film since Summer Wars. It doesn't quite live up to it but it's still excellent.

I'd put it up there with my other two favourites of mine which are The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Wolf Children (the other film of his that I really enjoyed was The Boy and the Beast though I don't think that's quite as good as those three). Keep in mind that the standard Blu-ray is much cheaper if you just wanna see the movie, but it is a very nice set that AL did for Belle :)

I'm just trying to work out how Vinyl is better than CD; from what I've heard it's more expensive, probably more prone to damage, needs a bespoke system while CD's would work on a PS3, on the flip side I hear it apparently has a unique sound to it but I can't imagine buying a record player just for that purpose alone.

I'm just trying to work out how Vinyl is better than CD; from what I've heard it's more expensive, probably more prone to damage, needs a bespoke system while CD's would work on a PS3, on the flip side I hear it apparently has a unique sound to it but I can't imagine buying a record player just for that purpose alone.
Vinyl against CD - Vinyl sound quality is in theory better. In practice its not as the majority of people dont run them through audiophile grade player, amp, speakers and whatever else.

Vinyl vs Everything - Vinyl you have to question what source material and the quality of press. Is it a recent Metallica press that actually sounds worse than CD? I could be very wrong with this!

Vinyl vs Digical - Well there are quite a few DAC players that can play Lossless without issue and most people put music on their phones so... whats the point.

Overall - At best most music listener but non-audiophile people are going to be using something around the price range of Senny HD599's.. so CD, Lossless or Vinyl there really isnt much difference

Long-time reader of this fun Christmas-sales-threads, first poster.

My first day order is still unfulfilled. Are they delaying / holding back non-UK orders? I saw that ussjtrunks orders are also not shipping and an earlier screenshot indicated that they are also not a UK customer. Anyone else with the same problem?

I really want to order a second batch but wanted to wait for the first to ship because of import taxes (if in the worst case both orders ship on the same day, they might get calculated as one order which means another kind of tax on top).

EDIT: Oh, I see João Gomes has the same issue.

It's possbile they suspect most international orders will struggle to make it before christmas, espcially with all the upcoming Royal mail strikes, so maybe want to get the UK orders sent off with the best chance of arrival before christmas, so they may have put those (international orders) on hold.

I'm still waiting on my first order, but its a pretty big order, to dispatch as well (and I'm UK), so I suspect certain orders have been put on hold.

FedEx gets stuff here in literally 3/4 days, in my experience - I'm not a logistics expert but I think if they use FedEx, then royal mail isn't even part of the equation. But I could be wrong on that.

I'm fine with waiting, just not used to it with AL!

Are any of the early birds known to be digipaks?
Nothing but ama-rays so far, keeping my bank balance safe...

As usual, now I know I need the green box for my one title, I can't decide whether to buy it (and the hassle of selling stuff), buy the single item or just wait until the next sale.
They'll be a 20% off site wide by Easter, surely.
Isn't that Easter 20% off an MVM rather than an AllTheAnime thing?
Unless that's what you meant.

Anyone else still waiting on their order being shipped? Internationally

My first day order is still unfulfilled. Are they delaying / holding back non-UK orders? I saw that ussjtrunks orders are also not shipping and an earlier screenshot indicated that they are also not a UK customer. Anyone else with the same problem?

EDIT: Oh, I see João Gomes has the same issue.

I placed an order for 7 titles to the US on Day 1 and I received a shipping email Yesterday morning that 5 of those titles were shipped to me, as the other two titles were pre-orders. I did get a valid tracking number with Royal Mail, still saying waiting for package from sender. I'm sure it will get held up with the Royal Mail delays, though. It'll probably sit in Langley for a month this year instead of 3 weeks like all my packages did after last year's 12 Days Sale, lol.

I did also go into my local post office (Monday) and collection seem very busy, overheard post office staff saying be carful as the store room is just full and you can't really wander through, and the collection staff say it pretty much the same everywhere on her collection route and that she could only take 4 bags as the van is already pretty much full and that a later collection that day would have to pick up the rest (whether they could pick it all up is another thing).
So I suspect collection are gonna be delayed in a similar way over at AllTheAnime, with the amount they must ship out when the sale starts.

Last edited:
Are any of the early birds known to be digipaks?
Nothing but ama-rays so far, keeping my bank balance safe...

Isn't that Easter 20% off an MVM rather than an AllTheAnime thing?
Unless that's what you meant.
A bit of both.
I had a list of titles I wanted or would try at the right price.
Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System sorted.
One is in the Green box and sold by MVM.
Paranoia Agent and One Punch Man and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S and Combatants will be Dispatched collectors edition are all MVM but I am being mean and don't want to pay full price.

Back