UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

Is it a blind buy or have you watched it already? If so, care to pitch me real quick? 😇

I've seen it :cool:

It's about a girl who loves books, she gets isekaid into another world where books don't really exist, or at least only nobles can afford them. Imagine it's Medieval tech level basically.

Her mission: make books.

It's alright, the story/concept is interesting but the art is kind of basic compared to some of the more amazing shows out there that exist. Gets pretty well reviewed online, but your mileage may vary depending on your tastes.

My ATA mystery box delivery has been deferred to tomorrow. Oh well, all the surprises have been revealed now and I ain't got time to watch them anyway.

Now I'm tempted by Ascendence of a Bookworm.

Bookworm is on my list of titles to get but the price seems a bit high in my opinion - makes me wonder what the UE titles are going to cost.

Just a case of everything getting more expensive I feel like, there isn't really much that is the same price it was this time last year.

Payrise from work for the year was 2%, which means backwards earnings in real terms, so I'm just having to do the same kind of thing everyone is I think, cutting back on "stuff".

This month is Christmas and I've had to get car MOT + Service + Tax + Cam Belt change so that hasn't helped any tbh! Discretionary spending on anime has to take a back seat really (pun intended) and I'll have to see about selling some holiday days at work to earn a bit extra to make up for everything costing more.

Decided on Testament of a Sister New Devil 1+2 Limited Edition.
Doesn't have the books but it's 14.99 compared to 25+40.
Now I have to look out my emergency unwrapped copy of Burst to sell and off set a bit of the cost.

Remembered today that I wanted to try
Paranoia Agent. Another one not on sale.
The other title I want is in one of the boxes but I'm going to wait for another sale.

All I need from the mystery boxes is My-Hime and Boogiepop, so I’ll be hoping someone is willing to part with duplicates at an agreeable price.

ah ok, missed that they were estimates 🙃
Yep there were estimates before people point forks at me, and Anime Limited love to surprise people on their pricing decisions.

In Bookworm's case, it was £10 larger than usual due to the book contents, so I wasn't far off.

I did tweak Nadia's estimate to be much larger after reviewing Future Boy Conan's pricing structure, and since it'll probably be about 8-10 discs overall, on top of being a self-author on the UHD, it's going to be pretty expensive (will it sell out? considering the reception of the transfer probably not if word spread far enough).

Also Mystery Box titles have been added to the first page, I believe I have the group names right.

Gotta member with bookworm it’s 2 seasons not just 1 £27.50 per season isn’t bad
I think this is a fair take but at the same time it's only 3 discs in 1 amaray whereas for example Black Lagoon was 4 discs in a digipack and included s1 & s2 + the OVA series and that's currently £45 not on EB 🤷‍♂️

I think this is a fair take but at the same time it's only 3 discs in 1 amaray whereas for example Black Lagoon was 4 discs in a digipack and included s1 & s2 + the OVA series and that's currently £45 not on EB 🤷‍♂️
Bookworm most likely a more expensive license due to being newer and I think the American rrp was $90 too and that was just an amaray

Bookworm most likely a more expensive license due to being newer and I think the American rrp was $90 too and that was just an amaray
Yup. RRP is $90 USD,

Ascendance-of-a-Bookworm_816726021041_01_00_1012x1080_8394eeb4-6c68-4851-9e84-5565b677a91e_500x.jpg

Back