UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

They're actually pretty cheap for international buyers because they remove the VAT from the listed price. but I still prefer ordering from a retailer who packs better than them. But that's getting to be less and less of an option, they almost all cut corners and pack anime like garbage any more.

I find that generally AOL has cheaper pre-orders, but for ordering a random title without any sale going on, Amazon tends to have lower prices. That said, if Brexit still happens without some kind of customs deal I'll probably be buying pretty much everything from Amazon after that, since they let you pay customs duties in advance.

Only 5 months till no deal brexit. But yeah amazon not charging for preorders was like their best thing. Small independent companies like UP1 dont charge me upfront so its bizarre the large one will. I would being Zoom and Zavvi exclusively for my non anime. Sadly does manga/books will have no pay at dispatch places.

You'll probably be refunded the difference upon dispatch.
Great, so Amazon has everyone's extra money to invest in new robots to replace their workforce/pay Jeff Bezos' divorce settlement for six months before people receive any products, then they give it back.

Well done Amazon, you've found a way to get interest free loans off your customers. Screw this.

I find that generally AOL has cheaper pre-orders, but for ordering a random title without any sale going on, Amazon tends to have lower prices.

AOL is my primary go-to for importing UK anime, unless it is an AL exclusive or other limited-retailer release like that. But of course, they already charge at pre-order, as do AL and Zavvi. Oh well, I don't think I'll be buying a whole lot of anime any more, I've really cut back on my purchases to 2-3 releases per month, as there is not that much new anime that excites me any more. I don't think I ordered or received any anime this month...

Last edited:
Great, so Amazon has everyone's extra money to invest in new robots to replace their workforce/pay Jeff Bezos' divorce settlement for six months before people receive any products, then they give it back.

Well done Amazon, you've found a way to get interest free loans off your customers. Screw this.
Capitalism.
Amazon expansion is slowly making its core website shutter by the day. I bet AWS will be their main source of income soon if it isnt already.

Anime Store is selling the french Higurashi A4 boxes @ 20€ + S/H
While these releases aren't english-friendly at all, for such a cheap price one could consider buying it for the extras (180page A4 artbook) alone:

Drifters is down to £30 on Zoom for Zoom Day. Forgot that it even had a UK release.

In other Zoom news, got my Seraph and Arslan sets, and I was curiously relieved and disappointed at the same time. When the Arslan set mentioned a board game, I expected a board and pieces, an anime chess set so to speak, dunno why. In the end, the board is just a fold out piece of paper, and the pieces are card tokens. Which means that I can actually store the sets without knocking out another wall for a bunch of tat I'll never use. But a bit of me had this irrational hope nevertheless.

It's the last chance to get Gyo Tokyo Fish Attack from Terracotta as it's going OOP.

£1 clearance plus £1,20 P&P

It's the last chance to get Gyo Tokyo Fish Attack from Terracotta as it's going OOP.

£1 clearance plus £1,20 P&P
Blimey, that hasn't half gone bargain-basement! 😅
(No wonder.)

Back