UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I'm wondering more whenever Boruto is finally coming out. Guess Black Clover is the cheaper property. =X
I think they've only just started getting around to dubbing it since the Naruto Shippuden dub was only finished recently.

Yeah and they won't release one of their long running franchises sub only so the releases take time, hence why Hunter x Hunter only has four or five sets out so far.

I'd personally rather see them release Naruto/Shippuden on Blu Ray before they worry about Boruto.

I know FUNimation is releasing this in the same format in the US, but for a show that could end up over 100 eps, I think they should have held off and done 25 or 26 ep sets.
Doubt this show will sell too well in 10 ep releases over here, or finished getting released in the UK...
Jesus, just checked and part 2 only has 9 episodes!! That is mental!

Yeah and they won't release one of their long running franchises sub only so the releases take time, hence why Hunter x Hunter only has four or five sets out so far.

I'd personally rather see them release Naruto/Shippuden on Blu Ray before they worry about Boruto.
Funi is also still doing dragonball, as always, ain't they? that's a piece of work to do with the quality they had doing Z, people would expect the same for super, also how soon they'd have to jump on the broly movie for it to still seem relevant. they are doing quite a few that are still running, but I feel it wouldn't stretch them at this point to take a step back and wait for at least a season to finish, wouldn't bottleneck them on certain projects so much

Funi is also still doing dragonball, as always, ain't they? that's a piece of work to do with the quality they had doing Z, people would expect the same for super, also how soon they'd have to jump on the broly movie for it to still seem relevant. they are doing quite a few that are still running, but I feel it wouldn't stretch them at this point to take a step back and wait for at least a season to finish, wouldn't bottleneck them on certain projects so much
Funi have done a good job so far with the Super Dub at least

I'm still wondering, if there is even proper HD Material for Naruto and Shippuden, since Japan has no Blu-Ray releases. Granted, Germany has BDs and there is a label on their covers that claims it's Full HD, but no idea ho good or bad the quality actually is. (Probably going to find out, once the volume with that sakuga heavy final battle comes out.)
Boruto also doesn't have a Blu-ray release in Japan, which baffles me very much. Apperantly Crunchyroll even has 1080p, so that's weird. (Not sure about the Crunchy quality through, I never watched the HDs due to those hanging up on me regularly.) Hopefully some proper BD release my emmerge, episode 65 in HD would be rather nice.

I'm still wondering, if there is even proper HD Material for Naruto and Shippuden, since Japan has no Blu-Ray releases. Granted, Germany has BDs and there is a label on their covers that claims it's Full HD, but no idea ho good or bad the quality actually is. (Probably going to find out, once the volume with that sakuga heavy final battle comes out.)
Boruto also doesn't have a Blu-ray release in Japan, which baffles me very much. Apperantly Crunchyroll even has 1080p, so that's weird. (Not sure about the Crunchy quality through, I never watched the HDs due to those hanging up on me regularly.) Hopefully some proper BD release my emmerge, episode 65 in HD would be rather nice.
For CR HD streams, you can mostly tell with episodes using CG, but not all of them use it well, AoT has been using it, this season it's used it on a few background characters doing their thing, but it's very clumsily done, last season had the colossal titan in CG and that looked pretty good, if a bit janky set against some characters in 2D, today's episode also had something done quite well in CG and it's a big part to end the current arc, you may be able to tell the quality of the stream your getting by how those look, I don't exactly know though as your own device does not render streams, they looked HD to me though. Perhaps something lacks a HD release because Japan doesn't have that demand - the average Japanese person I've heard is more social and they all spend less on home cinemas than anyone in the West

If they got Blu Ray releases Viz would likely upscale them like they've been doing with Bleach, which looks solid overall.

Twelve Months (Sekai Meisaku Dōwa: Mori wa Ikiteiru) is currently avaiable via Amazon Marketplace:
https://amzn.to/2MiIUtv

The German DVD includes Japanese, English and 2 German audio tracks, but no subtitles.
(includes Gauche, the Cellist, as extra feature - but Gerdub-only)

"This post contains affiliate links, which will pay me a commission if you click through and buy something."

The deal of the week is Nisemonogatari Complete Collection on dvd and bluray.

UK Anime Store

Part 2 is also available on dvd and bluray for £1.99/£9.99

This is a surprising one as iirc MVM had to cease sale of the complete collection for Nisemonogatari due to a licencing issue.

Back