UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Latest RightStuf deal is tempting (for us old people who remember watching it as children), especially when I find someone on Amazon is trying to sell it for £593! There is one other copy on eBay, but even that is £150ish.

Astro Boy (1963)

Windy Tales US DVD collection £20.71
this is one of my favourite obscure series and it's a miracle it ever got a Western release, no way this is ever getting a Blu Ray

Thanks for the link, Intrigued me enough for me to place an order too. Near enough blind buy which is rare for me these days.
Oooh the artwork and concept are interesting, shall I blind-buy also hmmmm... Oh wait, it's out of stock... Meh dilemma solved I guess.

Ordered a copy myself, would still like to pick up the LE eventually if I can find it for a good price, if so will likely be able to sell this off for more than I've paid.

This cheap copy of Cautious Hero I ordered at the beginning of the month never arrived and got a refund which is fortunate but unfortunate it never arrived, especially for getting it for a steal of £8.57.

I had decided not to buy anything in the rightstuf sale due to high postage.

However can't help but continue to check it out.
Anyone an idea if the prices come down more or is it just that they'll add more titles?

Anyone an idea if the prices come down more or is it just that they'll add more titles?
Unless it's a daily mega deal then the prices you see stay and they just add more items each week the sale is on.

For reference with the order I placed on Right Stuf Higurashi Gou worked out to around £30 when dividing total cost/number of items. The same item on UP1 would be £50 so many savings to be had if you buy enough

For the weekly items, they get 3% more expensive after the week they are first added.

The mega deals and the Viz/Yen Press deals all return the very last day of the sale at their sale price.

I'd suggest using a forwarding service to consolidate all US shipments into one big package and ship it all to the UK, if you want to take advantage of Rightstuf sales or to only order on the last day, so you can add on all of the Mega Deals.

Maybe I'll check the sale out on the last day then, when was that again?

But shipping remains expensive and the euro->dollar exchange isn't great either at the moment...

I'd suggest using a forwarding service to consolidate all US shipments into one big package and ship it all to the UK, if you want to take advantage of Rightstuf sales or to only order on the last day, so you can add on all of the Mega Deals.
So rather than have Rightstuf ship it directly, it's possible to save on shipping costs via forwarding service? If so, that'd be pretty sweet cause as of now it's far too expensive with shipping + customs fees included.

Hi,

Thanks to everybody who answered my question.

The thought of spending $200 in one go horrifies me. I am shocking at waiting for things.
Have had no issue spending £100 in HMV as I am taking them home with me.

Depending on what I choose (between 8 and 12 titles) my cost per is £17 to £20 which is fine but I went in seeing several titles at $10.

Also All the Anime has a sale next month. However, I do not buy much from them as their catalogue doesn't really appeal so I might not be spending much there and the prices might not be great. The Persona anime might be the only one.

Ha, just had another look on rightstuf.

The Book of Bantorra is out of stock. That was the centre of my potential order.
I might just be saved from an order.

I think I will just order a few things that I feel I really want from UK sellers. Per item it will be more but I will spend less overall.

As someone mentioned here before, UP will place special orders for TRSI items at sale prices, but you have to contact them to ask. One item I wanted, for example, is $12 in the sale, for which UP quoted me £16 + P&P - much cheaper than their regular price (which I'd never have paid) or importing directly. They're making an order with TRSI this coming week.

Back