UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

NormanicGrav

How a Realist Hero Bought Too Much Anime
AUKN Staff
Hmm... according to my spreadsheet of titles I want, it's still cheaper for me to grab the Funi titles via UP1 than the 20% discount (pre-release titles are cheaper with the discount code, though it's not included in this sale sadly).

I'll check MVM later once work is done to see how the others fare.

6PieceNuggetMeal

Completely Average High School Student
Hmm... according to my spreadsheet of titles I want, it's still cheaper for me to grab the Funi titles via UP1 than the 20% discount (pre-release titles are cheaper with the discount code, though it's not included in this sale sadly).

Like someone else has said you can include one valid item for the discount in your basket with the pre-order items and get the 20% off on the pre-orders as well. I’ve used it to get Dororo, AoT and My Hero. You can throw on a £2 dvd and it works.

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja

i miss the days of £17 funimangle blu-rays but there's a counterattack in this in that i've noticed they drop a hell of a lot more and harder on amazon as we're seeing with Azur Lane and Fairy Gone
only downside is buying from amazon over AoL

Violette

Dandy Guy, in Space
Like someone else has said you can include one valid item for the discount in your basket with the pre-order items and get the 20% off on the pre-orders as well. I’ve used it to get Dororo, AoT and My Hero. You can throw on a £2 dvd and it works.
As much as I would love to have that 20% discount on pre-order stuff, MVM/AnimeOnLine really isn't a company I'd like to take advantage of like that, there is reason pre-orders and new releases are excluded from the discount, they are already discounted and don't do up to their full price until the calendar after their release.

It does suck though, there is a ton of pre-order stuff I would like to order, but not really anything released, even if it was reduced to just 10% off for pre/new stuff, would be enough to get me to make a decently sized order, oh well.

NormanicGrav

How a Realist Hero Bought Too Much Anime
AUKN Staff
I actually tested this with a £2 DVD and 5 Funimation titles (Attack on Titan LE, Isekai Quartet 1 & 2, Sleepy Princess, Yona LE). While the discount does work, I found that UP1 was surprisingly cheaper but only by a small margin. It does depend on your regions of course, but in the end it comes down to 'do you want to pay a bit more to get it out of the way' or 'pay later and save a bit' and I went with the latter especially since 4 of the 5 titles are not scheduled until March.

Ricteix1976

Dandy Guy, in Space
Still managed to spend a bit of money on the MVM sale picking up the monogatari sets I didn't have yet. Not a huge discount when compared to prices on Amazon, but was planning to get them at some point and is a good way to support MVM.

Googlyhead

Completely Average High School Student
In other words; I could have got another £2 off that deal-of-the-week I went for on Sunday…
it hasn’t shipped yet, but I don’t think I’ll bother trying to cancel (and reorder)

I had a quick look through some of the CEs, and they still tend to be cheaper elsewhere.

Steb

Hikikomori
Zavvi is currently showing the Re:Zero Part 2 CE with the art box as "in stock" for £39.99. The page for the product itself re directs to the home page but the quick buy button will put it into your basket.

Odd to see this pop back up, if you are looking for it it might be worth a chance.

I took the gamble and got the artbox too. Appreciate the heads up.

Must have fallen down the back of the couch or something.

Though now feel bad to my other part 2 as it'll be homeless...

SkwigglesWorth

Great Teacher
Also grabbed part 2 and arrived today with the limited edition box. Also like Steb also already have part 2, but part 2 CE is OOP so should be able sell easy enough even without the limited edition box, it'll still complete someone CE set.
But I honestly assumed I would be sending it back as it would be the wrong version or they couldn't source it, so a nice surprise when it arrived with everything and reasonably packaged for Zavvi at least.

@sniper_samurai Cheers for the heads up.

sniper_samurai

Combat Butler
Also grabbed part 2 and arrived today with the limited edition box. Also like Steb also already have part 2, but part 2 CE is OOP so should be able sell easy enough even without the limited edition box, it'll still complete someone CE set.
But I honestly assumed I would be sending it back as it would be the wrong version or they couldn't source it, so a nice surprise when it arrived with everything and reasonably packaged for Zavvi at least.

@sniper_samurai Cheers for the heads up.
Glad to see some people here get it. It is now listed as sold out once again.

Violette

Dandy Guy, in Space
Glad to see some people here get it. It is now listed as sold out once again.
I'm kind of glad to see it sold out because I really didn't need the temptation after picking up the amaray set in the xmas sale, but I feel like the lonely part 1 CE I got in a mystery box a couple years back is giving me dirty looks now.

Nice find, though.

SkwigglesWorth

Great Teacher
Not sure if this will interest anyone as it an AUS import, limited edition and part 4 of Sword art online Season 2 (so completely differnt layout from UK and US Editions). £14.09 @ WOWHD

Could only find info on madman site and pic are kinda small