Uk all anime /manga tv channel

naya_lulu said:
Why start a channel if they can bring ANIMAX network here on UK? Animax is a 24 hour anime channel, it spread all over Asian countries, Latin Countries, in India has Animax. I think they will still launch it in US I don't know when or already started. But an anime channel is really good. Digimon, Hello Kitty, etc for the little ones in the morning and the best and popular anime in the afternoon and in the evening and they could show more serious (i mean graphic) anime during the middle of the night and these will target anyone........

i take offence to you calling digimon a kiddy anime :p (ah crap my secret is out)

No No it's cool, Digimon is one of the better shows out there with that kind of focus.

That's why it's Jetix's soul mission to dick us around as far as Frountier is concerned and also as far as Savers will be concerned.

I think a anime channel won't be great.

But I wish Channels like Channel 5 or Channel 4 would license some anime, so they can increase the Anime Fandom.

Because Anime appearing on a kid's show is just another Cartoon to them, and the stupid anime company keeps concentrating on Kids, Aim it at kids and Adults goddamit.

The bad side of Anime on Channel 4/5, Channels like sky one will take them off their hand if it goes well, which is bad for people who can't afford Digital Tv, like they took Lost away from Channel 5

But if big channels like sky pay attention, then Anime would increase a lot better than aiming at just kids.

But they won't take a huge risk in anime

Maybe film four will show adult anime after their 9 o'clock shows.. who knows, they might be coz they are showing asian films and animes... it's baby steps.... but there is huge potential... don't u think... as the years pass, more and more audience are being captivated by anime.. so it wont be that long that anime will also invade uk... ^____<

I agree with Chrono Demon if anime gets played on a channel that more people have acess to it will get more adult fans. But bbc has only just played spirited away. itv plays kids anime like yu-gi-oh, digimon and pokemon and i dont think that channel 4/5 have ever played any anime. but if a channel was going play anime it would be channel 5. i dont know why i just think it would.

But people who can't afford digital will be pissed off/

Like example, The first bunch of episode from Bleach appeared on channel 5, Sky one may end up taking a anime off their hand to show on Sky..

Lost was like that.They showed the first two season before sky one taken Lost.

Many Non-digital viewers was annoyed by Lost moving to sky one.

Espy said:
Well, we don't have to worry about it because it'll never happen.

Espy, anything can happen. like you really saw what Rapture have done, despite being a small channel

It can happen with channel 5, if they want to do it

Animo said:
I agree with Chrono Demon if anime gets played on a channel that more people have acess to it will get more adult fans. But bbc has only just played spirited away. itv plays kids anime like yu-gi-oh, digimon and pokemon and i dont think that channel 4/5 have ever played any anime. but if a channel was going play anime it would be channel 5. i dont know why i just think it would.
Channel 4 used to show loads of anime back in the early early-to-mid 90s boom and Film4 has also been airing a lot of Ghibli movies recently, which is now also available freely on digital TV. I remember watching Legend of the Dragon Kings (billed as Legend of the 4 Kings under Channel 4's interpretation) back at that time as well as a lot of Manga's other catalogue. When the bottom fell out of the more adult oriented anime they essentially pulled it off the air. I can quite imagine that TV companies really don't know what to do with the current crop; it is too childish to appeal to many adults and too adult to air as kids' TV. Of course the moment someone realises they may be able to air it in a 7PM type of slot for teens and young adults we might get somewhere. Unfortunately mainstream TV and movies at the moment has moved into more "realistic" styles, in keeping with the rise of reality TV. They even tried to add a level of realism to the latest Superman movie, which was just a little... odd to say the least. However realistic the characters and events in anime can get, the fact that it doesn't look real by its very nature is the one thing that probably causes TV companies to overlook it as viable.

Personally I have never been one to be interested in such "reality" and prefer my entertainment to be of an escapist nature.

I remember people complaining about Perfect Blue because they couldn't understand why it wasn't made as a live action film. Here they give you proof that anime can be for a mature, intelligent audience and they say 'well if it's going to be mature and intelligent then it shouldn't be anime'.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I remember people complaining about Perfect Blue because they couldn't understand why it wasn't made as a live action film. Here they give you proof that anime can be for a mature, intelligent audience and they say 'well if it's going to be mature and intelligent then it shouldn't be anime'.
Yeah it should be live action like Big Brother. Now that's a proper example of mature and intelligent live action tele. :roll:

X_nick_X said:
Some of the channels on sky :roll:

If people watch the god channel more than an all anime channel i'm gonna be suprised 8)
God channel = cheap to run with primarily cheap and low quality programming.

Anime = expensive to run with more complicated and expensive licensing. You could also argue that things like Channel M (a local Manchester channel that airs over NTL) exist but they are really not comparable in terms of expense with anime.

X_nick_X said:
Some of the channels on sky :roll:

If people watch the god channel more than an all anime channel i'm gonna be suprised 8)
I'm not. There's far more evangelical Christains out there then anime fans who would know what an Evangeleon is. Also the "god channels" can now beg for donations on air since the rule forbidding it was recently removed. :wink:

Back