Uk all anime /manga tv channel

I say put it in the kiddie section of sky, and leave the after 8pm anime timeslot unedited.

I think you should try and get the kids as well into anime, because its more harder for adults to get into it than children, kids are easily influenced of what they hear about the series.

My thoughts are kinda misleading because they would've been influenced into attacking people as well. But apart from that, its the truth.

If it went ahead and there was a good selection of anime i would certainly watch it, no question.
I think if it was a all anime channel it would work best if it was a channel that only started after around 8pm, and if you could position it near Rapture all the better. Otherwise it might be better to combine it with kids programs in the day, or something like that.
But i'm sure if you provide some good series, and you advertised it wisely you could easily have the anime community behind you

Charter_Mage said:
If it went ahead and there was a good selection of anime i would certainly watch it, no question.
I think if it was a all anime channel it would work best if it was a channel that only started after around 8pm, and if you could position it near Rapture all the better. Otherwise it might be better to combine it with kids programs in the day, or something like that.
But i'm sure if you provide some good series, and you advertised it wisely you could easily have the anime community behind you

I will positively agree with children programs in the day, and unedited and older anime after 8PM.

But I personally agree with taking steps at a time instead of unleasing all its full potential straight away. I think you should try and introducing them into the anime world before showing its fullest potential.

personally a anime channel would be hard to fill in the uk i think a better choice would be a Neo-type channel (meaning everything covered in the neo mag).

9-5 we can get the kids anime,studio ghilbi films,godzilla films and monkey.

5-9 - we get the regular anime series on the channel -eva,fma,tenchi type

9-late we would have a different theme
mon-weds - martial arts film/samurai films - jackie chan/jet li/seven samurai type
thur- action night - john woo,chow yun fat,internal affairs,yakusa type films
fri/sat - asian extreme -ring,grudge type (i chose fri/sat for this as this is very popular at the moment)
sun- anime film night.
to help each theme night we would put it with anime of the same style.

2-5 - a few of the most popular of the daily anime repeated with subs not dub

5-9 - retro time - so show like robotech,star blazers,mysterious cites of gold,transformers

i would even have a few documentries and review/preview type show mixed in.

DO IT DO IT

that would be way kool. it would be the only channel i would watch then. i think more channels should put anime on because there are just so many people that love it. DO IT DO IT. :D

HI AGAIN
i've read all your comments about the anime channel. I wanna let you know that it is DEFINETLY underway, i am not trying to get hopes up , but i have been talking to alot of people and after reading your comments (which by the way where EXTREMELY useful).
I have come to the conclusion that from 6am-6pm im not exactly sure what could be shown.
from 6 -11 uncut anime. and from 12- 1 lets say hentai ( i know alot of people like their hentai.)
Not every weekend but most weekends an anime movie.
But i would like to know what the public would like to watch, what kind of anime/manga you would like to see.

thank you :lol: :p

I still don't believe you. If you were a rich businessman thinking about tapping into the anime market you wouldn't use smilies.

And would know what manga is.

And would know that there's no way that the majority of Hentai could be shown on TV.

Maybe he's an euntropenuer you know one of those people who start up a market and get rich like the owner of virgin.

Hey you never know worlds got 6billon people in it everyone has diffrent ideas if this guy says he can open an all anime /manga(no idea how that works).Channel may as well give him the benfit of the doubt :wink:

Besides if he does'nt do like he says we can just use the thread to discuss anime we would like to see on british tv in not such a litteral sense 8)

I would like to see tenchi and bleach on uk tv :D

keyblade_master uk said:
I say put it in the kiddie section of sky, and leave the after 8pm anime timeslot unedited.
That would kill it, apprently, you can air just about what-ever the hell you want anywhere else but the kiddies are not alright, you can have Teleshoping but anythign partaining to violence is out.
(Offcom's Cheat-nentures in Piss off UK Narutuard land and it's sequal,
Offcom's Cheat-ventures in Allow Bravo to air [AS] at 5pm and confuse the hell out of everyone country.)

I'd say in the 200's for it myself, If Trouble can surivive there then anything can.

i still think a broader 'asian' influenced channel would be better because anime is such a small market but if you add some more small market together you get a bigger market.
for example
anime will draw in one market(infact differnet anime will draw in different people)
martial art films will draw in another
action cinema (john woo,chow yun fat type films)will draw on another
extreme asian cinema will be another market
and asian horror will bring in an even bigger market share.

Actully thats not a bad idea.

Martial art films as a late night flick before the channel goes offline.

7am-9am you show all the stuff kids would watch before school.

9am - 3pm It's mainly asian documentries,asian news asian dramas stuff for the jobless or the kids bunking school with the odd anime programe.

3pm - 6pm you show stuff like tenchi,trigun etc

6pm -8pm is an anime movie

8pm-11pm you show some martial arts action movie just as it goes offline.

That way you spread your progames out with plenty of variety to suit all tastes ok so the anime is only 8 hours for an all anime tv network. I would be suprised if it lasted 3 months this way you have a hope at getting something.

Then you can charge qvc for the 11-7 slot and keep it going from there

:wink:

Me and a Lectuerer at my college were talking about this the other week.

What we thought up is that all the uk anime distribution companies should all joinly own one anime channel then they would show the anime licenses they own. The channel would pretty much be one giant advert for the companies. Everyone wins

Guyver 0 said:

What we thought up is that all the uk anime distribution companies should all joinly own one anime channel then they would show the anime licenses they own. The channel would pretty much be one giant advert for the companies. Everyone wins

isn't that like asking Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool to make 1 football team lol

they're rivals

Perhaps you could do something along the lines of say showing dubbed anime during day and primetime (until like 11pm) and reserve 11pm to like 10pm for subbed stuff?

That way you'd satisfy both halves of the audience.

Ryo Chan said:
Guyver 0 said:

isn't that like asking Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool to make 1 football team lol

they're rivals

no see it more like the England team.

anime ideas

i defo wonna see tenchi, chobits and fruits basket on this channel.
maybe you could put the studio ghibli movies on it if you can, like what film 4 did, at the weekend or summat. i think it would be cool if you shown cardcapters too.
:D

Back