Two billion years after eveyone else had one... I've got a Nintendo Wii!

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Well, here's a turn up!

A little while ago, after coming into a bit of bonus cash, I went and bought myself a Nintendo Wii, brand new in box, off of Ebay. What can I say? I like stuff that's old and almost obsolete.

Note that I mean the old style Wii, not the Wii U. It was a pretty modest spend, but I managed to snag a copy of Mario Kart Wii and Okami with it. I've since snagged some SUPER cheap games on Ebay, and unexpectedly, once I told a pal about my new purchase, he showed up with a stack of old games he can't play anymore since his Wii died on him. So I have a few other things here as well - Metroid Other M, Red Steel, Monster Hunter Tri... I think that's it.

I appreciate times have moved on, and I'm one of the board's old crusters, so I'm out of touch and only really good for sharing my stories about the war and how all of this used to be fields and whatnot... but does anyone have any recommendtions for anything else I could pick up while the getting's good?

The only caveat here is that I'm not big on 'party' games.

Wii is a great machine. Obvious titles to get are most of Nintendos output, especially thet wo Zelda and Mario Galaxy games, Kirbys Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Xenoblade.

Bully Scholarship Edition is one of my all time favourite Wii games, and I heartily recommend that.

Wii is a great machine. Obvious titles to get are most of Nintendos output, especially thet wo Zelda and Mario Galaxy games, Kirbys Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Xenoblade.

Bully Scholarship Edition is one of my all time favourite Wii games, and I heartily recommend that.

Cheers, fella - much appreciated!

Xenoblade was actually the first one that sprang to mind, and I've had a look around for it online. Bid on a coupel fo Ebay auctions, but didn't win them. Dear lawdy lawd, it goes for a pretty penny!

Loads of great games on Wii, will second the recommendations of Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda games. I will recommend the Pikmin games if you can find them for a reasonable price. I will also recommend Super Paper Marion and New Super Mario Bros Wii. If it's got the Gamecube controllers port on top, then there are even more great games to play like Tales Of Symphonia.

Looks like I opened Pandora's box here. Cheers for the recommendations, peepholes. Keep 'em coming!

Just as a point of interest, as it's come up here, I actually did a similar purchase with a new-in-box Gamecube last year. Such an awesome little console!

I had slightly mixed feelings about trying to play the ported version with the wiimote, but I probably sank more hours into Resident Evil 4 than any other game on the cube, if that's of any interest. It was the first part of the main series to be less survival horror and more action-oriented, but if you don't mind that, it's an absolute hoot to play. I remember the cube version of Soul Calibur 2 being top stuff as well.

Another vote for Xenoblade Chronicles and Skyward Sword (Twilight Princess I feel is better on the GC or in HD re-release). The Last Story is another good JRPG.

Also, No More Heroes 1 and 2. Metroid Prime Trilogy if you can hold of a copy.

Oh, and melt your destroy your copy of Other M. Its terrible. Its not even worth the trouble of trying to sell.

Also, Smash Brawl. Its sorta the bastard child of the franchise, but Subspace Emissary is fun.

I had slightly mixed feelings about trying to play the ported version with the wiimote, but I probably sank more hours into Resident Evil 4 than any other game on the cube, if that's of any interest. It was the first part of the main series to be less survival horror and more action-oriented, but if you don't mind that, it's an absolute hoot to play. I remember the cube version of Soul Calibur 2 being top stuff as well.

I actually have this for the GC already, but to my shame, I've not yet played it properly. Wiimote controls certainly do present a bit of a challenge on some of the things I've briefly played. I'll need to fork out for a new Motion Plus unit at some point, as the Wiimote I have is the inferior model. I've played enough Wii games with friends to notice the difference.

Another vote for Xenoblade Chronicles and Skyward Sword (Twilight Princess I feel is better on the GC or in HD re-release). The Last Story is another good JRPG.

Also, No More Heroes 1 and 2. Metroid Prime Trilogy if you can hold of a copy.

Oh, and melt your destroy your copy of Other M. Its terrible. Its not even worth the trouble of trying to sell.

Sadly, the Metroid Trilogy is WAY out of my price range. At least for now. Other M, though, I've already booted up and fiddled with for a bit. I didn't mind it n the strength of what I saw, but HOLY CRAP, that voice acting is terrible!

WOOHAH! Just giving this thread a bump to gloat over the fact that I've scored a couple of cheapo games deals for my new box of electronic tricks.

Really pleased to have just unwrapped copies of The Sky Crawlers - Innocent Aces and No More Heroes. I'm inordinately looking forward to playing the former!

Back