Top 10 anime of all time! (2014 vote)

Re: Top 10 anime of all time!

I don't know about 10 but 20 il give.....

1. Higurashi/ when they cry
2. Monster
3. Garden of sinners
4. FMA 2003
5. Death note
6. gurren lagann
7. Fate/zero
8. Baccono
9. The counte of monte cristo
10. Clannad/konan.......there both just as good.
11. trigun
12. Elfen lied.........a yes and no sorta thing but well worth the watch.
13. Moribito
14. Ghost in the shell.....movie then series.
15. Romeo x Juliet.........I think it's good.
16. From the new world
17. Tiger and bunny
18. Cowboy bepop
19. H.O.T.D.......I like the zombie feel.
20. Dragon ball z
21. All of the gibli films
22. Giant robo.......I like the story and its a diamond is the rough.
23. Fruits basket
24. Bubble gum crash/crisis
25. Eva
26. Dance in the vampire bund............I like the whole reaction how humans would reacted to vampires
27. ........wait I went past 20........oh well.....

To be honest it's down to taste but even if a series isn't you favourite and its a renound series you know it's good but on the other hand even if people say its good for example code gaess doesn't mean it's good....

You get the idea

This isn't in order at all but:
1: The garden of sinners (10 points)
2: Code geass (9 or 1 you chooose)
2: cowboy bebop
2: Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
2: GITS SAC
2: higurashi
2: baccano
2: mushishi
2: psycho pass
2: haruhi
Edit, hmm if I have to cut it down to 10 then
IGNORE THIS!!!!!

Coming soon™: release chart of this poll by me!
I wasn't going to say as I didn't expect the topic to get revived, but I've got it planned to release a results chart of this thread as soon as I have it ready for public release. ^_~
Should give a pretty nice overview of what everybody voted for as well then, assuming you all have seen the way I have set up my release charts I hope most people like.

I might not be the right man to tell you two, black1blade and AF17, but both of you already voted on this.
Also, according to the first post the poll ended already.
@beloved admins: Maybe the thread title should have "- 2014 Edition" at the end to make that more clear on behalf of devilrules666.

-

I find it funny looking at Animefreak17's original votes and seeing that Squid Girl and The Key Three are suddenly completely gone from AF17's new top 26 even. xD (no hate, I just find it funny)

What is less funny, looking at black1blade's original votes is that Clannad is now gone all of a sudden. ;_; (no worries, though =P)
Though, what I actually do find funny here is that all of a sudden you can't give an order to your votes. =P (also no hate, just find it funny you first could and now you can't *)

* Disclaimer: I also find it hard to give an order to (certain tiers of) votes. So I know the pain.

PS: Because I don't want to exclude new member KimmyKins83 I'll probably release (at least) two versions of the poll results. ^_^

Agent-347 said:
I wasn't going to say as I didn't expect the topic to get revived, but I've got it planned to release a results chart of this thread as soon as I have it ready for public release. ^_~
Should give a pretty nice overview of what everybody voted for as well then, assuming you all have seen the way I have set up my release charts I hope most people like.

I might not be the right man to tell you two, black1blade and AF17, but both of you already voted on this.
@beloved admins: Maybe the thread title should have "- 2014 Edition" at the end to make that more clear on behalf of devilrules666.

-

I find it funny looking at Animefreak17's original votes and seeing that Squid Girl and The Key Three are suddenly completely gone from AF17's new top 26 even. xD (no hate, I just find it funny)

What is less funny, looking at black1blade's original votes is that Clannad is now gone all of a sudden. ;_; (no worries, though =P)
Though, what I actually do find funny here is that all of a sudden you can't give an order to your votes. =P (also no hate, just find it funny you first could and now you can't *)

* Disclaimer: I also find it hard to give an order to (certain tiers of) votes. So I know the pain.

PS: Because I don't want to exclude new member KimmyKins83 I'll probably release (at least) two versions of the poll results. ^_^

Iv matured a bit of come to appreciate what is over the top fantastic...I still like squid girl it's just that I don't like it worth the mention that's all by I do recommend it if your looking for something funny and fun and enjoyable to watch

Agent-347 said:

-

They weren't ordered to begin with. I didn't know this was a poll/point thread until I checked the Op hence changes. Honestly, it depends what mood I am in to decide what shows are on there.

After over six hours of working my way through this thread, assessing the data and trying to translate it ...
Here's post 1 of probably just 2 posts on this thread's final results!

AUKN 2014 Top Ten Anime of All Time - Vanilla+ Results: 2014 Cap Off
The results chart!
A grand total of 151 anime series were entered by 31 persons. Only 40 of those 151 anime got more than 10 points.
The battle for the top spot was a close call and amazingly enough only differs ONE point.

Beneath is a humongous image, but using some of the cool knowledge from college it should be way less internet-intensive than any of my photos in the acquisitions-thread ...
My apologies towards people with a smaller screen, but just posting a thumbnail wouldn't cut it.

Now, beneath is the complete chart of all the data using all posts from 2014, essentially being the actual results.
May I remark there are some release notes beneath the image. Also, again, the image may look internet-intensive, but it seriously isn't:
WV3racr.png

The top results list for those with a bad internet connection
Because writing out 151 anime is a lot of work and most probably don't care I'm just writing out the top 20.
If tie numbers/spots weren't a thing then the last title in the actual 2014 AUKN top 10 would be Neon Genesis Evangelion.

And now, here it is:
[01] 84 points | Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
[02] 83 points | Cowboy Bebop
[03] 75 points | Steins;Gate
[04] 54 points | Clannad
[05] 53 points | Puella Magi Madoka Magica

[06] 45 points | Code Geass
[07] 38 points | Fate/Zero
[||] 38 points | Higurashi: When They Cry
[08] 37 points | Baccano
[||] 37 points | Neon Genesis Evangelion
[09] 30 points | Black Lagoon
[10] 29 points | The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

[11] 27 points | Death Note
[12] 26 points | Aria
[13] 25 points | One Piece
[14] 24 points | Natsume's Book of Friends
[15] 22 points | Welcome to the NHK

[16] 21 points | K-On!
[||] 21 points | Legend of the Galactic Heroes
[17] 19 points | Giant Robo
[||] 19 points | Samurai Champloo

[18] 18 points | Garden of Sinners
[||] 18 points | Hunter x Hunter
[||] 18 points | Lucky Star
[||] 18 points | Ouran High School Host Club
[19] 17 points | Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
[||] 17 points | Spice and Wolf
[20] 16 points | Angel Beats!

Release notes
Franchise votes
One of the most important things is that for a few reasons I usually have put votes towards seasons towards the franchise title.
So all Ghost in the Shell votes, whether season specific or not went to "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex".
The first main reason for this is that not everybody was consistent in their votes and some voted franchise, others voted season specific.
The second main reason for this is that shows like Fate/Zero, Clannad, Ghost in the Shell and Code Geass might have aired as two seasons but are one continuous show where you need season 1 to watch season 2.

The above also is the reason why Samurai X and Samurai X: Betrayal & Truth are still two separate entries. I might be wrong, but I Googled a (too) long time to come to that conclusion/decision there.
FMA and FMA:B are two separate entries because FMA:B is essentially a reboot, a redoing based on the manga all the way through.

Animefreak17's votes
Yeah, Animefreak17's were "slightly" amended for one simple reason: The Key Three is not one anime, it's three anime from Key: Clannad, Kanon and Air.
So essentially I have entered Clannad as 9, Kanon as 8 and Air as 7, further reducing all subsequent votes to fit in the list.
This indeed means that Clannad's number 4 spot arguably is actually incorrect and should be #5. Please don't hurt me for my decision here. >_<

AntAce's votes
I mentioned the thing about franchise votes and AntAce happened to have a separate entry for season 1 and 2 for Ghost in the Shell SAC in his votes.
So I moved the 3, 2 and 1 point(s) worthy anime one point up and combined both GitS seasons in the one entry.
In theory AntAce could vote for one more anime, but given the poll was the 2014 edition and ended quite some time ago I don't think it's worth bothering with that.

What if we look by amount of people voting?
Then Steins;Gate is the #1 with 13 backers, followed by Cowboy Bebop on #2 with 12 backers and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood on #3 with 11 backers.
Clannad, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Baccano and Neon Genesis Evangelion have 8 backers each.

Ok, that's it. All AF17 Code Geass ranting is going in that AF17 topic from now on.

R

Rui said:
Ok, that's it. All AF17 Code Geass ranting is going in that AF17 topic from now on.

R

ALL HAIL RUI. ALL HAIL RUI.

*jokes aside*

I'm not surprised Brotherhood topped the number one spot, it is one of the best animes out there. I pretty much agree with the overall list in general. I didn't show off my own because I wasn't sure for what type of shows I was consider to be the best, I've got my favourites but that doesn't mean they're the best (I still have Evangelion #1, Berserk #2, Monogatari #3, unknown slot for #4, Madoka Magica #5 and various unknown slots for #6 onwards - yeah that's why I haven't contributed to the top ten list). I feel I haven't watched enough anime to make my own top 10 list so I decided to back out on this one.

At least Gintama got some love, many declare that show to be the #1 (with Forever Yorozuya as the #1 film) simply because it's Gintama hahaha.

In my OPINION I thought brotherhood was a bit cartoonish, the first series had alot more emotion in it that made you remember for year after watching it and had more of a serious tone......I felt the series being too nice to the characters in brotherhood and how the emoculi was created was a better in the first one.

I mean sure brotherhood is a good series but again it was too nice towards the brothers and other charecters and cartoony it felt more action then in the first one.

I don't get why it's the most liked anime that tops the charts on this and on mal...........AGAIN ITS A GOOD SERIES but I don't think it's the greatest...it just came too perfect near the end

Sorry for screwing up your chart, Agent. You should've kept Escaflowne at 1, and in its place, put Cowboy Bebop for 2 points, giving it the top spot. That way, we could've kept AF17 quiet. :lol:

Great work!

If I could go back I'd likely add TTGL in to my top five as it was just fantastic and switch out Durarara for Baccano.

Damn it, I could have done some last minute vote-rigging to catapult my favourite things people had already voted for into the top 10 and made a mockery of democracy. Ten points for Gunbuster could have really made a difference.

Observations I made while slowly shaking my head in disapproval:
GitS: SAC below Ouran
GitS: SAC below anything which isn't Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabor, Kurau: Phantom Memory or Haibane Renmei
Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabor, Kurau: Phantom Memory and Haibane Renmei not even in the list

Nobody gave those shows even one point. You're all terrible people.

Somehow this topic went completely under my radar. Shame, since i would've liked to add my take. Berserk never got the showing it should and clannad is way too high(in my opinion) oh well. Bebop, steins and brotherhood are deservedly mentioned there. Why is GitS:SAC so low as well? damnit. My votes could've helped buffer things, next time i'll get to it.

Back