There's a Schoolgirl Milky Crisis in the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<strong><em>Schoolgirl Milky Crisis</em></strong> isn't hentai. It's actually the title of <strong><em>Jonathan Clements</em></strong>' forthcoming book, which collects his opinions and anecdotes on the anime and manga industries in the UK, the US and Japan. In order to give prospective readers a chance to sample his style, <em>Clements </em>is currently blogging on the very same subjects at <a href="http://schoolgirlmilkycrisis.com/blog/">schoolgirlmilkycrisis.com</a>. A choice quote has been copied in below:

<em><strong>What made you decide to start writing articles about the anime industry?</strong></em>

<em>Surprisingly few people write about the anime industry. They’ll write about shows they like, and summarise plots, and talk about their favourite characters, but when it comes to the actual Business, the nitty-gritty of who’s shafted whom, who ripped off whose artwork, who drowns puppies for fun, that sort of thing, it’s still kept surprisingly quiet. The Japanese don’t like it discussed in print, so very little of it makes it over to the West. So when I had a chance, I took it!</em>

If you found that interesting, you can read much more from<em> Jonathan Clements </em>at his blog <a href="http://schoolgirlmilkycrisis.com/blog/">schoolgirlmilkycrisis.com</a>.

It's actually a really interesting blog with some rather tasty, relevant stories for UK anime fans. I'm subscribed in Google Reader, anyway.

Also, if anyone can come up with a better pun for the headline of this news story (which shouldn't exactly be hard), I'd like to hear it :)

Lol you guys :roll:

gotta say though it should've been a better title for the topic, for some reason my i was thinking this topic was about chocolate

Otaku-san said:

gotta say though it should've been a better title for the topic, for some reason my i was thinking this topic was about chocolate
There is a chocolate called Milky in Japan, but I've never paid seen (or looked for) it in UK. Maybe that's why....

chaos said:
Otaku-san said:

There is a chocolate called Milky in Japan, but I've never paid seen (or looked for) it in UK. Maybe that's why....
Does a Milky Bar strike any familiar notes? :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
chaos said:
Otaku-san said:

Does a Milky Bar strike any familiar notes? :wink:
Not to the chocolate I had in mind =) Have to beg your pardon, I completely forgot about those milkyway chocs you've got here. Back home we used to call them Lolo.

Back