the worst animes ever made

Animefreak17

Godhand
i know theres a lot of threads that have titles like the best animes ever but there are a few animes that are bad for e.g.

first squad

it was horrible

the settings, the story, the characters, the plot, the cliffhangers, the unexplained,

first squad was terrible for a movie, i have a few dislikes like gundam seed and romantic animes but at least they had a story and had plot and such but *first squad* is out right horrible it is one of the worst animes ever ever.

I agree. First Squad was SO bad.

Blade of the Immortal is the second worst anime ive seen. It has the same problems that First Squad had. Funny enough it was made by the same people as First Squad. Im never buying anything that Studio 4°C make again.

sanji no 1 said:
I agree. First Squad was SO bad.

Blade of the Immortal is the second worst anime ive seen. It has the same problems that First Squad had. Funny enough it was made by the same people as First Squad. Im never buying anything that Studio 4°C make again.

explain why Blade of the Immortal a terrible anime,
iv seen it i know it wasn't the best series or a something i would watch 3 times but it was ok but not great. maybe i missed something in Blade of the Immortal but do explain.

Tales of Earthsea, Strait Jacket, Vampire Hunter D, M.D. Geist.

None of them are outright terrible but just deadly boring.

Edit: Oh wait, not true, TOE is pretty dire.

mangaman74
megagold5
Joshawott
Lawrence
Sparrowsabre7
Matomi

please explain why these shows are the worst ever made

i understand why Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/DESTINY is a terrible series and why Tales of Earthsea is dull and boring and why Duel Masters is just plain silly but............

bleach i like yeah the fillers are annoying but i like it regardless
ROBOTECH i like its old but its a classic
One Piece i haven't seen one piece yet but i hear its a cracker
IkkiTousen is nothig but services but theres nothing wrong with that

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74
megagold5
Joshawott
Lawrence
Sparrowsabre7
Matomi

please explain why these shows are the worst ever made

i understand why Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/DESTINY is a terrible series and why Tales of Earthsea is dull and boring and why Duel Masters is just plain silly but............

bleach i like yeah the fillers are annoying but i like it regardless
ROBOTECH i like its old but its a classic
One Piece i haven't seen one piece yet but i hear its a cracker
IkkiTousen is nothig but services but theres nothing wrong with that

I thought I gave a reason for HATING Robotech. The dialogue was beyond poor and the characters laughable. Lynn-Minmei has to be the worst heroine EVER (one minute shes in love with Rick Hunter the next she hates him - usually there is no good reason for the mood swing).

Note - I am not dissing Robotech because it is old - whether something is good or bad, age does not come into it.

I will say that Gundam Seed is a close second - a show thats so poor that I never even finished buying it. After watching Gundam Wing & the Char's Counterattack movie, this was a major letdown. I think the only reason I got 6 six volumes was a duty to fill the artbox but even that wasn't enough to get me to finish it......and people say GS Destiny is worse. I dodged a bullet there I think.

I would rather watch Tales from Earthsea than either of the above (unlike some people here I quite like it - certainly not the worst Ghibli movie in my view).

I explained why I didn't like SEED DESTINY - It was an unnecessary sequel.

As for other reasons? Shinn Asuka is a whiny little twit, his romance plot with Lunamaria was just shoe-horned in because everyone in Gundam has to get laid, it completely ruined Mu La Flaga's sacrifice at the end of season 1. It was a complete rehash of a rehashed series - do we need another 3 Mobile Suits stolen at the start? Etc. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED as a standalone series is entertaining, but not great. Destiny is bleh though.

Tales from Earthsea? It'd take me too long to explain exactly why...but everyone can agree.[/i]

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:

As for other reasons? Shinn Asuka is a whiny little twit, his romance plot with Lunamaria was just shoe-horned in because everyone in Gundam has to get laid, it completely ruined Mu La Flaga's sacrifice at the end of season 1. It was a complete rehash of a rehashed series - do we need another 3 Mobile Suits stolen at the start? Etc. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED as a standalone series is entertaining, but not great. Destiny is bleh though.

Tales from Earthsea? It'd take me too long to explain exactly why...but everyone can agree.[/i]

Not me. I don't think it is the worst Ghibli movie (there are 2 or 3 I'd rate worse).

If there is one thing I don't like are comments like 'everyone can agree' when it isn't the case (plenty of other people voted other films lower in their Ghibli lists).

mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:

Tales from Earthsea? It'd take me too long to explain exactly why...but everyone can agree.

Not me. I don't think it is the worst Ghibli movie (there are 2 or 3 I'd rate worse).

If there is one thing I don't like are comments like 'everyone can agree' when it isn't the case (plenty of other people voted other films lower in their Ghibli lists).
Fair enough...and I think everyone can agree.

=D

I kinda did explain, but I'll elaborate:

Strait Jacket is a load of tosh, decent enough premise but it goes nowhere, the action scenes are boring and despite the decent cast of Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum it failed to entertain me completely.

Vampire Hunter D may have been good for its time but it doesn't hold up at all well. It's absurd anime clichés at their worst, gratuitous tits and I mean gratuitous. This guy grabs a necklace from a girl and somehow her entire shirt comes off.

M.D. Geist: Man I don't even know what was happening, it was like Mad Max or something but boring as hell I just tuned out completely.

Tales of Earthsea was a non-film. It was so unbelievably bland that it felt like one of those cheap imitation Disney films you used to see in newsagents, only the animation is better.

Edit:
Joshawott said:
Fair enough...and I think everyone can agree.

=D

I don't agree to that :p

mangaman74 said:
ROBOTECH - I could handle the old animation but the dialogue was soooo poor it was beyond belief. It was both a waste of money and time.

I'm watching Robotech at the moment and I must admit there is a lot to be desired. Not just with the dialogue, but with some of the animation as well. Last night I saw an episode in which some characters go to the lavatory and one of the signs reads: "LADEIS".

Still, the animation is not as bad as that of the 1980s Astro-Boy that I've seen.

Tales of Earthsea for me is the worst Studio Ghibli I've seen so far.

Back