the worst animes ever made

Robotech has already been covered (oh god some of the dialogue in that, I still have the boxset on my shelf, to never be touched again unless I rearrange said shelf) as has Earthsea which I hated.

Ōkami Kakushi was one of the most boring shows I ever watched, with 20 minutes of tedium and an interesting final minute or so each episode that never went anywhere. I had ended up watching vampire bund at the same time. I don't know what I did to deserve watching those two shows back to back *shudder*

However this topic has reminded me of the first show that made me go against my completionist nature and drop it- Soultaker (not soul eater). This was back in late 2007, so I can't recall much of why I disliked it, just that when I suddenly remembered it there was just a sense of general (and total) dislike.

School days, the characters did nothing, it was visually dull and had stereotypical character designs . The only reason people watch it is because of the ending, and what's the point of watching a twist ending when everyone already knows the twist !

IkkiTousen - Well, as far as I am concerned, fan service of that nature does not work AT ALL unless it is done in a comedic way, otherwise there is really no need for it whatsoever. Admittedly, I only watched (iirc) the first 4 or so episodes of it before ditching it, so I cannot guarantee if it had a good story along the line or not, but personally there was absolutely nothing there at that point to keep me even vaguely interested.

Edits due to typos.

Ian Wolf said:
Not just with the dialogue, but with some of the animation as well. Last night I saw an episode in which some characters go to the lavatory and one of the signs reads: "LADEIS".

I would agree that the animation in Robotech isn't the greatest, but surely picking on the show for someone's inability to spell a word in what presumably wasn't their first language (nor that of the intended audience) is a bit petty.

Professor Irony said:
Ian Wolf said:
Not just with the dialogue, but with some of the animation as well. Last night I saw an episode in which some characters go to the lavatory and one of the signs reads: "LADEIS".

I would agree that the animation in Robotech isn't the greatest, but surely picking on the show for someone's inability to spell a word in what presumably wasn't their first language (nor that of the intended audience) is a bit petty.

True, it probably is. Mind you I've been watching some more. In one scene it looks like two characters are resting on an invisible rail.

I have a serious tolerance for mediocre shows, but I will vote for Martian Successor Nadesico because my personal hatred stacks on top of its lack of quality.

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74
megagold5
Joshawott
Lawrence
Sparrowsabre7
Matomi

please explain why these shows are the worst ever made
Primarily because they only focus on one character of the forum at a time.

Had these shows been edited down into some kind of compilation OVA, I think you would have still seen the character of each individual member come through, but the overall narrative of the forum would have been far more cohesive.

ilmaestro said:
Had these shows been edited down into some kind of compilation OVA, I think you would have still seen the character of each individual member come through, but the overall narrative of the forum would have been far more cohesive.

For some reason, I find the idea of us having an OAV hilarious - if only to see who would be assigned the inevitable character archetypes.

If anyone has mad flash skillz, this needs to happen.

Posting shows you don't like instead of **** like this:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xo7Cp3GsyxQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xo7Cp3GsyxQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lvJJhBWUJQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lvJJhBWUJQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

New Cutey Honey

It was so painful to watch, it was bland, repetitive and incredibly drawn out, made purely to cash in on the original's reputation.

Professor Irony said:
ilmaestro said:

For some reason, I find the idea of us having an OAV hilarious - if only to see who would be assigned the inevitable character archetypes.

If anyone has mad flash skillz, this needs to happen.
Oh man, the endless speculation and noses-out-of-joint this could lead to. :lol:

I think at the very least we should fill roles for all the mods. :s

MakyuSenjo.jpg

Takes the prize for me.

Hard to find any clips of it, or images. Terrible in every sense of the word. Want a 2 episode OVA (think it was) that does everything atrocious in every way? Here it is.

Mentioned it elsewhere on here but there's this scene where two of the characters (having mutated into Hulk like things) are fighting. Our hero manages to punch the other guy and put his fist right through his head. He then proceeds to talk for five minutes before dying.

Cracking line, though: 'Please don't remove your fist from my head, or I'll die.'

The very definition of terrible.

And the less said about the giant hulking rhino sent by the government, the better.

Yes... A RHINO.

Back