The Wind Rises

Gavrev

Dandy Guy, in Space
Hi peeps,

Just a quick heads up to let anyone else in the local region of Sheffield that the Showroom Cinema (next to the train station) is showing the new Ghibli movie "The Wind Rises" this coming week, from tonight, in both dubbed and subbed formats - http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/guide/

Cheers for now!! :D

It's also available in Cineworld Sheffield, both dubbed and subtitled.

I'll be watching the film next week sometime after one of my exams.

NormanicGrav said:
It's also available in Cineworld Sheffield, both dubbed and subtitled.

I'll be watching the film next week sometime after one of my exams.

Sweet! I had no idea they were showing it too - I thought they were a bit too commercial for that! :lol:

Cool.. I know Ross is a big fan of anime - it was a video of Ross talking about it on Facebook last night that prompted me to go looking in the first place. Hopefully I'm going to get to see it tonight :D

I never caught that, but I do recall him introducing the TV premiere of AKIRA some years ago, as well as his own enthusiastic review of Spirited Away

Caught this at my local cinema on Friday - always nice to see an anime getting such a wide theatrical release (and with the option of sub or dub), especially considering From Up On Poppy Hill was mainly just in places like the Ritzy last year.

I wonder if it'll beat Ponyo's UK total takings by the end of its run?

It's always nice to see anime get a screening at the cinema isn't it Lutga!? I caught "Poppy Hill" too at the same cinema.. It's been a pretty good place for me as regards the less commercial screenings. Off the trodden path but still J-related, they screened "Dark Water", which was my introduction to J-horror. Since then though, anime-wise, I've been lucky to see Ghost in the Shell 2.0, Arrietty, Poppy Hill and now Wind Rises.. Would love to see AKIRA on the big screen, but sadly the most convenient place to get to see that seems to be York.. Lol *^^*

Hmmm, I'm not sure it'll beat Ponyo's UK gross - in fact, I don't think it will beat Arrietty either. Both of these releases were nationwide with the large chains showing them (in Arrietty's case, there were plenty of trailers shown too).

The Wind Rises releases seems to be only a little wider than From Up on Poppy Hill was given in reality - the only larger chain showing it are Cineworld, and only at selected sites. If you live in the South West, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland you have very little access to a showing. The South East outside of London only fares a little better. I've had to wait a week for my local Picturehouse to receive their prints (on rotation I assume). I'm one of the lucky ones in this respect.

Actually I know Scotland is vast, but if you do happen to have been around Edinburgh they got screenings of "Garden of Words" and "Evangelion 3".. That was pretty good! Especially since I didn't get to see them lol..

The Wind Rises is playing at Cineworld Cardiff all this week - English sub and dub versions. It will also play at Chapter Arts from the 23rd. I urge everybody to go and see it because it's brilliant.

It's great to see anime is getting some cinematic momentum. For something perceived as a niche thing it's not doing bad

Back