The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I have been using this one for a few years now: LG BP-250 Region free Blu-ray Player, Multi Region: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
It doesn't support 3D nor 4K, but it works just fine playing content from every region I've tried. I see some reviws complaining about a 'faulty' remote, but that's due to needing to change the batteries and then it worked fine.

Funnily enough that's the one I was looking at. Do you have any issue with the Sentai geo locked discs, or can you freely set your location as the US in the settings?

Funnily enough that's the one I was looking at. Do you have any issue with the Sentai geo locked discs, or can you freely set your location as the US in the settings?
Yes, it plays Geolocked Sentai discs, here's an image playing Is the Order a Rabbit? on it. To change regions you have it turned on with the drive ejected and then change the region by clicking 1-3 on the remote, with region being A and so on. You also need to change the country code to 'US' in the options for geolocked discs, otherwise it won't work.
IMG_20200628_163125835.jpgIMG_20200628_163200845.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it plays Geolocked Sentai discs, here's an image playing Is the Order a Rabbit? on it. To change regions you have it turned on with the drive ejected and then change the region by clicking 1-3 on the remote, with region being A and so on. You also need to change the country code to 'US' in the options for geolocked discs, otherwise it won't work.
View attachment 13960View attachment 13961
Thanks, it's that Area Code I wanted to confirm was an option to set.

It seems like Geo-lock is really limited to Anime as no-one elsewhere really talks about anything other than Region codes (and confuse location/area for region lock)

Has there been any mention of Hayate The Combat Butler getting a UK release at any point?

I'm considering picking up the Sentai release (I have the same LG BD player being discussed above), but I'd probably rather wait for a UK release if one's on its way. If not, Sentai it is!

Has there been any mention of Hayate The Combat Butler getting a UK release at any point?

I'm considering picking up the Sentai release (I have the same LG BD player being discussed above), but I'd probably rather wait for a UK release if one's on its way. If not, Sentai it is!
I would argue the series is too long and old enough that most people would have imported it by now (plus the fact that there's no dub makes it even harder) to be considered warranting a UK release.

That being said, if you're going to get the Sentai release, I see no harm in waiting for them to offer a complete collection set because it'll very likely get one and would be cheaper to acquire (plus the discs themselves might turn out to be better than the individual sets).

I would argue the series is too long and old enough that most people would have imported it by now (plus the fact that there's no dub makes it even harder) to be considered warranting a UK release.

That being said, if you're going to get the Sentai release, I see no harm in waiting for them to offer a complete collection set because it'll very likely get one and would be cheaper to acquire (plus the discs themselves might turn out to be better than the individual sets).
Unless of course it’s old enough to have fallen out of license. I’m sure Hayate is over 10 years old for Sentai at this point.

Edit: My mistake, 5 years. Should have a couple of years to it yet.

My usual mention for Fantasy outwith some of my olden time favourites is Guardian of the Spirit(Seirei no Moribito). It's superb, but it's more grounded fantasy than full on. But if you want general recommendations, i would say:
Drifters(for a newer one)
Ushio & Tora
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Slayers
Cop Craft(another new one)
(i realised i put Spice & Wolf on this list, but it's pretty well known, so i omitted it after)

My usual mention for Fantasy outwith some of my olden time favourites is Guardian of the Spirit(Seirei no Moribito). It's superb, but it's more grounded fantasy than full on. But if you want general recommendations, i would say:
Drifters(for a newer one)
Ushio & Tora
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Slayers
Cop Craft(another new one)
(i realised i put Spice & Wolf on this list, but it's pretty well known, so i omitted it after)
thanks soooo much

Last season Crunchyroll were set to get Kaguya-sama 30 days after Funimation I think it was. Is it still expected to move over at some point?

Last season Crunchyroll were set to get Kaguya-sama 30 days after Funimation I think it was. Is it still expected to move over at some point?
There was no mention of Crunchyroll getting their hands on Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 and The Millionaire Detective to my knowledge.

So Bookworm (with some support of Utawarerumono) awakened my latent hair pin/stick hair decoration inklings.

There are two that kinda picked my liking, but I really am not sure. In this day and age, how cosplay-y or weeb-y do these look like?

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

(The colour schemes does look like it could have come straight out of Card Captor Sakura, too...)

Does anyone know how good the packaging is for international orders from Amazon Japan? (debating whether or not to make two separate orders instead of putting it in one order in case the packaging is poor)

Does anyone know how good the packaging is for international orders from Amazon Japan? (debating whether or not to make two separate orders instead of putting it in one order in case the packaging is poor)
When ever I’ve ordered from amazon japan the packaging is great. The item has always been attached to a flat piece of cardboard with plastic and then put in a box, it doesn’t move around in the box then.

Back