The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Regarding Funimation NOW, I plan to subscribe to them one day, but is the only method to payment your own bank bard (debit/credit card), and that PayPal (my preferred option) is not an option for them? If so, is the billing code your own post code (and no, I'm not asking for your personal details)?

Regarding Funimation NOW, I plan to subscribe to them one day, but is the only method to payment your own bank bard (debit/credit card), and that PayPal (my preferred option) is not an option for them? If so, is the billing code your own post code (and no, I'm not asking for your personal details)?
I have a recurring payment set up with them via PayPal.

Thanks. I can't seem to find any information regarding PayPal on their website, not even in the payment methods. Is there an option to pay for the full year, or is only monthly possible?
I can’t recall a yearly payment. I chose monthly in case there were stretches of time without any simuldubs or backlogged anime to catch up on where I could cancel and save the £5.

I can’t recall a yearly payment. I chose monthly in case there were stretches of time without any simuldubs or backlogged anime to catch up on where I could cancel and save the £5.

Thanks again. I'll go for the yearly subscription (if that option is available to me) to save the hassle for myself. My main reason for thinking of subscribing to them is due to most of their titles (subtitled versions) being removed from Crunchyroll since their partnership ended.

Not really an anime question, but...
Scenario: One considers buying a VN game, because of being somewhat interested in taking a peek into its story. But isn't at all that interested to actually play them and even less so in getting the consoles just for taking a peek.
Any workaround hacks for getting that VN to work on PC?
(Specifically I would really like it to be on PC, so I can quickly look up unknown Kanji via KanjiTomo's OCR.)

I generally have a big issue with reading VNs as the reading/listening speed mechanics as well as the gameplay things drive me nuts, but when I just watch the video captions it's somehow ok. (They say there is nothing more boring than watching somebody play, instead of playing yourself, but somehow that doesn't seem to apply to me all that much.)
I've watched the translated Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram videos on youtube (Which are basically translated uncommented Let's plays) and currently am watching those for Darling in the Loving Vows and the stories are quite nice, so kind of decided to check the other Science Adventure Titles stories out as well. Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate Zero have uncommented let's play playlistsas seem Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child to have as well.
But with Robotic;Notes it gets a bit more tricky. (I know it's not translated, but the Japanese is not the one big issue here.) There seems to be a playlist for the original VN, but apparantely not so much for R;N Elite (which supposedly is the massively improved version) and just a week ago Robotic;Notes DaSH got released, which sounds pretty interesting, too. Let's plays for DaSH have started to sprout on Youtube. But I realized that normal Let's plays with commetary in English apparantely read out the non-dialogue text out (which I usually already don't like because the acting performance is subpar), while Japanese commentary doesn't do that (which is too bad, because in this case it may be useful for speeding up looking up unknown vocabulary) and is instead utterly random small talk.... Let's say, I am very much not too interested in those Japanese commentaries.
R;N Dash is apparantely PS4/Switch-only going by the release trailer on youtube. (No idea about R;N Elite, but I guess also PS4/Switch.)

Getting it run on PC will not eliminate my admittedly weird issues with reading VNs as a game, but figured, if it were the Japanese text, which I am still 10-15x times slower at reading than English, at least the obnoxiousness about the reading mechanics will be more neglectacle.

Not sure, what normal non-console players do. Just wait and hope for it to come to steam (or whatever the the PC-Version store plattform was again) or get a Windows-ROM release or what?

The subtitles on SDBDs aren't as 'jaggy' as on DVD so look nicer IMO.

Unless the distributors get lazy, as in the case of the Kino's Journey SDBD from Section23, where they just copied the DVD source material over to a Blu-ray, so you still have the same compression and jaggy SD subtitles as presented on the original DVD release. 👎

Unless the distributors get lazy, as in the case of the Kino's Journey SDBD from Section23, where they just copied the DVD source material over to a Blu-ray, so you still have the same compression and jaggy SD subtitles as presented on the original DVD release. 👎
They did that? oo So essentially, there is no point in getting the BD at all, except perhaps for saving space?

That is disappointing to hear, looks like I’ll hold onto the AL DVD set for now then.

Does somebody know if there is some good trick to get an external Blu-ray drive (or any Blu-ray player I guess) to not overheat? (Like checking what exact part of the machine.) I've got a LG BE14NU40, which hasn't been used to long (though I guess it was stored in a corner for a longer while) and playback freezes every so often until the machine has cooled down again. Kind of annoying if your are in the middle of an episode.
Just want to know If I have to get a new one, of there is some chance for salvation of this one. =X

I've got a FUni slipcover on hand right now with one of those FuniNow Stickers and it doesn't want go away easily. I also don't want to risk damaging the slicover. What's a good anti-adhesive for that sticker? I think I remember somebody mentioning something.

Does someone know if the picture quality of the UK Pokemon Movie 4 + 5 Blu-rays is fine?
At least some of the older movies had a strange color tint, but I don't know if the UK-versions were affected.

I've asked Jaysgba on Twitter 10 days ago regarding the following question, and he had stated that he's yet to watch Madman's release, so to those else who have Madman's BDs of Eromanga Sensei, can anyone confirm if Madman used the Aniplex encodes for their release or if they created their own encodes completely from scratch?

Apologies for the double post.

I was originally thinking of waiting for AoA to release a complete collection of Nisekoi, but lately, I was thinking of giving in and getting the Kaze BD sets instead (I don't own a Kaze release at this time). I've read that Part 1 of Season 1 had subtitle issues in episodes 2 and 4 (notably the timing), but the rest were okay. Would you consider them bad enough to become an annoyance or would you consider them minor/tolerable? And does Part 2 of Season 1 and both parts of Season 2 (the BD versions) have any major subtitle issues?

Apologies for the double post.

I was originally thinking of waiting for AoA to release a complete collection of Nisekoi, but lately, I was thinking of giving in and getting the Kaze BD sets instead (I don't own a Kaze release at this time). I've read that Part 1 of Season 1 had subtitle issues in episodes 2 and 4 (notably the timing), but the rest were okay. Would you consider them bad enough to become an annoyance or would you consider them minor/tolerable? And does Part 2 of Season 1 and both parts of Season 2 (the BD versions) have any major subtitle issues?
I have heard no reported issues with Season 2 as far as I'm aware.

Back