The PlayStation Vita Thread

Any recommended titles for a jrpg fan? I'm pretty late to the party here.

The Trails of Cold Steel games are really good. Both are also available on PS3, but I've been playing them on Vita and they're perfectly suited for it.

Any recommended titles for a jrpg fan? I'm pretty late to the party here.
Final fantasy x, trails of cold steel 1 & 2, persona 4 golden, conception 2, ys memories of celceta, world of final fantasy, sword art online (there's a few), akiba's trip, akiba's beat, God eater (more monster huntery), disgaea 3 & 4, Toukiden 1 & 2 (monster huntery), freedom wars (monster huntery)

those are all good ones available physically if you care about that. There's a tonne of Dungeon crawlers.

Sony's said it's stopping physical card production. I try to avoid digital as Sony has always been scummy with digital, especially Sony Europe.

Final fantasy x, trails of cold steel 1 & 2, persona 4 golden, conception 2, ys memories of celceta, world of final fantasy, sword art online (there's a few), akiba's trip, akiba's beat, God eater (more monster huntery), disgaea 3 & 4, Toukiden 1 & 2 (monster huntery), freedom wars (monster huntery)

those are all good ones available physically if you care about that. There's a tonne of Dungeon crawlers.

Sony's said it's stopping physical card production. I try to avoid digital as Sony has always been scummy with digital, especially Sony Europe.
Thanks for the list I'll have a look into the titles you've suggested (asides from FF X I own that on PS4.)
Yeah I have a US account because the prices are better. I'm fine with physical as well, just seems that a lot of the stuff I plan to get is only available digitally because they're PSP titles such as FF III/IV, and the older Persona titles.

Just to add you can get Oreshika physically with english, but it was only released like that in R3 (Asia) territories making it hard to get. There are actually quite a few games like that (SAO for example).

Just to add you can get Oreshika physically with english, but it was only released like that in R3 (Asia) territories making it hard to get. There are actually quite a few games like that (SAO for example).
Yeah I saw, I'd probably just get it digitally. Thankfully I have a few memory cards so I won't have to worry about running out of space for a while.

I'd avoid the first SAO game, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, as the translation is really bad. I think the rest are fine though and if you really want to play Hollow Fragment then there is a port for PS4 which has a new translation.

I will second all the recommendations above. If you haven't played the PS3 versions, there are the Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth games. I also recommend Tales of Hearts R and Trillion: God of Destruction

Persona 4 Golden was justification enough for getting a PS Vita and a PSTV to play it on a big screen.

I have a vita (oled) and vita tv.

I have Henkaku Enso 3.60 on my tv which is a godsend (hacked basically). It basically means I can have all my legally owned games on
a 128gb micro SD card+adapter acting as internal storage and whitelist means I can play most of my games not just those Sony could be bothered to add to the compatibility list.

The vita tv can be an issue though as a lot of games look awful on a big screen because they are so low res resulting in an image akin to staring through oil coated glasses; this isn't true of all games though.

I do own a lot of physical games as I have a serious case of collector's mentality with my vita and place no value on digital games for a console like that given Sony's propensity for removing access to digital games. I don't remember how many games I own but I can't actually fit them all on the 128gb Micro SD lol.

Physical versions have been announced for the following games (surprisingly):
  • 7'scarlet
  • Code: Realize Wintertide Miracles
  • Death Mark
  • The Longest Five Minutes
  • The Lost Child
  • Penny-Punching Princess
  • Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk
  • Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly

Back