The Out of Print Anime Blu-ray & DVD Thread

I want to get the Origin set, but I don’t know what the situation is with parts 5 and 6.
I think it’s probably safe to say AL will be getting them when the time comes, and it’s unlikely all six will be packaged together as Sunrise considers them two separate arcs.

I think it’s probably safe to say AL will be getting them when the time comes, and it’s unlikely all six will be packaged together as Sunrise considers them two separate arcs.
Exactly. I'm predicting a certain amount of time will pass before Nozomi & AL will release Origin V-VI together. Besides Origin I-IV has clearly done well for AL if you think about it (selling a lot faster than the other UK Gundam AL sets so far).

If they have less than 50 at AL then you can only order up to that many on their site.

I should point out here and now that those numbers won't be representative of actual stock available - these are only the numbers based on what we've input into the store (usually when the title is initially put on sale), which is almost 100% certainly not reflective of overall stock available.

In short, I really wouldn't put any stock (with every pun intended) into those numbers!

I should point out here and now that those numbers won't be representative of actual stock available - these are only the numbers based on what we've input into the store (usually when the title is initially put on sale), which is almost 100% certainly not reflective of overall stock available.

In short, I really wouldn't put any stock (with every pun intended) into those numbers!
Would there be a way of implementing a stock counter to the site? Or at least giving rough stock percentages in a newsletter like Arrow Video do?

Would there be a way of implementing a stock counter to the site? Or at least giving rough stock percentages in a newsletter like Arrow Video do?

Honestly, it would be a logistical nightmare (and a time-consuming one at that) - needless to say we keep close track of stock of all of our titles across retail internally, but creating a system to reflect that outwardly would be a vast undertaking.

For now, the best we can do is continue to offer our usual "nearly out of print" alerts for titles where stock is reaching a low point and may being to go out of stock at retailers soon.

I mean there is also the french set as they are jointly produced. AL UK 0079 movies are OOP but the FR Sets stock is only going low now like a year late (As when I checked its OOS in Amazon FR)

Honestly, it would be a logistical nightmare (and a time-consuming one at that) - needless to say we keep close track of stock of all of our titles across retail internally, but creating a system to reflect that outwardly would be a vast undertaking.

For now, the best we can do is continue to offer our usual "nearly out of print" alerts for titles where stock is reaching a low point and may being to go out of stock at retailers soon.
Thank you for the quick and detailed reply! I did think that it wouldn't be straightforward to implement and would be unlikely but it was worth an ask.

For what it's worth the "nearly out of print" section is handy and I appreciate its inclusion.

(Disclaimer: All of the Amazon links below are under the Affiliate program scheme)

New mini-update. Love Live! Sunshine is now SOLD OUT on Shop AllTheAnime and Ping Pong is now Unavailable on Amazon.

Love Live! Sunshine: Season 1 (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
SOLD OUT
on Shop AllTheAnime
Amazon UK - Available for £44.99 (£41.75 at the moment)
Base - Available for £40.09, extra 2-3 days shipping
HMV - Available for £44.99
MVM's Anime-on-line - Available for £47.99
United Publications - Available for £35.99 + £2.00 Postage
Zavvi - Available for £42.99 + £0.99 Postage

Ping Pong the Animation: Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo Pack)
SOLD OUT
on Shop AllTheAnime
Amazon UK - Not in stock
Base - Not listed
HMV - Available for £29.99
MVM's Anime-on-line - Not listed
United Publications - Available for £26.99 + £3.00 Postage
Zavvi - Not listed

(Disclaimer: All of the Amazon links below are under the Affiliate program scheme)

New mini-update. MVM have confirmed that these two collector's sets are low in stock.

GATE: Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo Pack)
Amazon UK - Available for £59.99
Base - Available for £57.99, extra 2-3 days shipping
HMV - Available for £59.99
MVM's Anime-on-line - Available for £59.99
United Publications - Available for £54.39 + £3.00 Postage
Zavvi - Can't Find It

Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series (Collector's Edition Combo Pack)
Amazon UK - Available for £30.00
Base - Available for £26.99, extra 2-3 days shipping
HMV - Available for £34.99
MVM's Anime-on-line - Available for £29.99
United Publications - Available for £26.79 + £3.00 Postage
Zavvi - Can't Find It

A few Sentai Premium Editions are now marked as “No longer available” on Rightstuf including Amagi Brilliant Park and Haikyu!! Season One.

Sorry, if this is the wrong thread to ask but whatever happened with re-releasing Haruhi Suzumiya?

I don't know much of the story behind this, but from this thread it looks like Anime Limited announced years ago that they were going to do a re-release, is that still the case?

Out of curiousity, I looked on CEX, eBay and Amazon and the only Season 1 DVDs I could find where on CEX (which I can't verify as being genuine, only one appeared to have a picture showing a BBFC age rating on it).
Even trying to find Evangelion Platinum was easier than Haruhi S1 imo

Last edited:
Sorry, if this is the wrong thread to ask but whatever happened with re-releasing Haruhi Suzumiya?

I don't know much of the story behind this, but from this thread it looks like Anime Limited announced years ago that they were going to do a re-release, is that still the case?

Out of curiousity, I looked on CEX, eBay and Amazon and the only Season 1 DVDs I could find where on CEX (which I can't verify as being genuine, only one appeared to have a picture showing a BBFC age rating on it).
Even trying to find Evangelion Platinum was easier than Haruhi S1 imo
Think this went with the end of the Funimation deal. Iirc the main issue was they were restricted to using Funis discs, but they were in chronological order with season 2 weaved in meaning they couldn't be released here due to Manga having the S2 rights.

The US bluray is region free anyway.

AL's Haruhi is cancelled, though they haven't exactly done a very good job of making that clear. From Discord circa February:

i0pdTSx.png

Personally, I'd have loved it if they put out a season 1 set in broadcast order.

Back