The Out of Print Anime Blu-ray & DVD Thread

Most of Revelation's titles were distributed for FUNimation and since that contact was terminated they no longer have the rights to any of them. I think they did have some older titles of their own (unless I'm confusing them with Kiseki) but those will have expired years ago if so,

Gavrev

Dandy Guy, in Space
Whatever became of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" DVD? I was always curious about that series and it seems odd that they still have season 2 on the shelves but no season 1. Even recently I see it's getting a release on Blu-ray, so what gives? Any insights, or are anticipating a possible reissue on DVD alongside the blu-ray?

NormanicGrav

Grand Grav Dreaming
Gavrev said:
Whatever became of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" DVD? I was always curious about that series and it seems odd that they still have season 2 on the shelves but no season 1. Even recently I see it's getting a release on Blu-ray, so what gives? Any insights, or are anticipating a possible reissue on DVD alongside the blu-ray?
Anime Ltd have confirmed DVD rights as well as Blu-ray.

demonix

Straw Hat Pirate
Gavrev said:
Whatever became of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" DVD? I was always curious about that series and it seems odd that they still have season 2 on the shelves but no season 1.
That is because season 1 was released by beez, and since they are no more the set eventually vanished.

Gavrev

Dandy Guy, in Space
That's great peeps! Thank you for the input. I did eventually find a thread about its disappearance in here elsewhere so apologies for half of that question, but it's great to learn that it's reappearing. :)

I managed to grab a copy of Gurren Lagann before it went OOP, but narrowly missed Melancholy.. Excellent. We just need Eva 3.33 to really surface then the circle is complete.. for a while ;)