The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

AAAABf30nqtOUIDUuKWaOWcNSIn7iMn3PVVc7damzgaLgr4A5qLXpTkoF7Cp47T7fQgxc0Y7tvgGwX2vtJoJBy4twESjmA...png

E54CqchWQAc5I42.jpg

Face your demons. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf premieres August 23, 2021 worldwide on Netflix.

Journey into the extraordinary world of the Continent, from The Witcher and its live-action prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin to anime film The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf and much more.

Last edited:
View attachment 19779

Face your demons. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf premieres August 23, 2021 worldwide on Netflix.

Journey into the extraordinary world of the Continent, from The Witcher and its live-action prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin to anime film The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf and much more.
Funnily enough this is more just Netflix using anime as marketing. Haven't seen any Japanese involvement from what's been announced. Netflix's definition of anime is pretty much whatever they advertise as anime lol

Funnily enough this is more just Netflix using anime as marketing. Haven't seen any Japanese involvement from what's been announced. Netflix's definition of anime is pretty much whatever they advertise as anime lol
Yeah I read it's the same studio as Castlevania & Voltron etc (Studio Mir) so there's no Japanese involvement indeed.

Yeah I read it's the same studio as Castlevania & Voltron etc (Studio Mir) so there's no Japanese involvement indeed.
Castlevania was actually by Powerhouse Pictures but yeah Studio Mir worked on Voltron. Including Voltron they've also produced Legend of Korra, the recent DOTA: Dragons Blood and entered a partnership with Netflix sometime last year.

Last edited:
In case anyone like me was wondering about the upcoming Quintessential Quintuplets manga box set and how many volumes and in what format are included (its a long story)
Here's the artwork for box 1 🎉
Still only £42 instead of £65 on Amazon.
9781646512539.jpeg

In case anyone like me was wondering about the upcoming Quintessential Quintuplets manga box set and how many volumes and in what format are included (its a long story)
Here's the artwork for box 1 🎉
Still only £42 instead of £65 on Amazon.
View attachment 19852
GqR2rn7h.png

Something about that key visual makes me think Kikuta might not be returning as character designer and chief animation director.
With Kanasaki also directing Princess Connect! ReDive Season 2 I wonder if we'll see a different team handling the series.
I noticed that as well. I hope they get Kanasaki back to direct though as it kind of feels like his baby at this point.

Back